OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

28 days until our first stay at OKW and we can’t wait!!! We will be in a 2 BR Villa, hoping Peninsular Road Area, but I’m sure we will be happy wherever they put us. Are the buses reliable, or should we plan extra time for them? Any resort tips for first-timers? Thanks in advance!!!

Are the buses reliable, or should we plan extra time for them?

We always have used the buses and have had good experiences. The Disney app now shows bus times -- we found those to be relatively accurate, although at OKW it seemed like the buses tended to arrive a little bit before the app indicated. So I'd just suggest being to the bus stop ahead of what the app says...probably 5-10 min.

28 days until our first stay at OKW and we can’t wait!!! We will be in a 2 BR Villa, hoping Peninsular Road Area, but I’m sure we will be happy wherever they put us. Are the buses reliable, or should we plan extra time for them? Any resort tips for first-timers? Thanks in advance!!!
Busses at OKW are no more or less reliable than at any other Disney resort, and can be delayed because of traffic, accidents, mechanical problems, and so forth. In general, I've had no problems other than those that can impact any bus system.

We always have used the buses and have had good experiences. The Disney app now shows bus times -- we found those to be relatively accurate, although at OKW it seemed like the buses tended to arrive a little bit before the app indicated. So I'd just suggest being to the bus stop ahead of what the app says...probably 5-10 min.

Great, thank you! :thanks:

Busses at OKW are no more or less reliable than at any other Disney resort, and can be delayed because of traffic, accidents, mechanical problems, and so forth. In general, I've had no problems other than those that can impact any bus system.

Makes sense, thanks! :)

Buildings 16, 17, 18 and 19 in the Miller's Road area are being refurbished from the January 5th through to February 11th :cool1: I believe they have completed 20. 21 and 22 because they had moved the bus stop since the usual bus turn around area was blocked off :thumbsup2

Buildings 16, 17, 18 and 19 in the Miller's Road area are being refurbished from the January 5th through to February 11th :cool1: I believe they have completed 20. 21 and 22 because they had moved the bus stop since the usual bus turn around area was blocked off :thumbsup2

Work has started this week on a group of buildings down at Miller's Road. The areas are all cordoned off and there are loads of yellow vested workmen, vans and portaloos. Bus stop is in the usual place and the turning spot is being used. Didn't really pay attention to the building numbers as we drove past but will the next time. Definitely 4 blocks though so would imagine 16 - 19 is spot on!

Mrs TT

Last edited:
Hi, looking at staying at OKW in June for 1st time ever. Do you guys think $78 per night extra is worth it for 1BR vs Studio. Will be with my wife and 2 daughters - 11 and 9. Thanks!

Hi, looking at staying at OKW in June for 1st time ever. Do you guys think $78 per night extra is worth it for 1BR vs Studio. Will be with my wife and 2 daughters - 11 and 9. Thanks!

I do - we like to make breakfast in the room routinely (DH cooks while I get ready) and we love being able to bring half as many clothes because we can do laundry. It's especially lovely to get home from vacation and put away a suitcase full of clean clothes instead of having a mountain of laundry to do. ETA - DH just reminded me that eating breakfast in the room can save a lot of $ to offset the $78.

And when our kids were with us (we're empty nesters now) it was also nice to have a door between us and them at night. (Someone else on the DIS, wish I could remember who so I could give credit, refers to the difference in cost as the "nookie tax".... ;))

Yes. You'll have a king sized bed in the master bedroom for you and your wife. Your two daughters will have the living room, a queen sleeper sofa and a twin sleeper chair. So they don't have to share a bed either. Not to mention the full sized washer/dryer and full sized kitchen. You and your wife can adjourn to the bedroom and watch television in there while the two girls either sleep or watch television in the living room.

We only book a studio if we are there three or fewer nights and it's just the two of us (we each get a queen bed to sleep in). For a longer stay, we'll book the one bedroom for the two of us because it's just more comfortable. Plus our son can join us if he chooses to with the extra sleeping spaces.

I do - we like to make breakfast in the room routinely (DH cooks while I get ready) and we love being able to bring half as many clothes because we can do laundry. It's especially lovely to get home from vacation and put away a suitcase full of clean clothes instead of having a mountain of laundry to do. ETA - DH just reminded me that eating breakfast in the room can save a lot of $ to offset the $78.

And when our kids were with us (we're empty nesters now) it was also nice to have a door between us and them at night. (Someone else on the DIS, wish I could remember who so I could give credit, refers to the difference in cost as the "nookie tax".... ;))
LoL....This is tooo funny.

Thanks so much for the replies. I just booked the 1BR. I hope all the refurbs are done by then so will just be a matter of picking the best location at the resort. 1st world problems as they say. :)
Are you Close to Hospitality House/ booking or just reg. booking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter