Okayyyyyy, next question u will know the answer to

wcw57

DIS Veteran
Supposin'....jus' supposin'....we have a family which wants to travel from WDW resort to Universal for the day.

They will not have their car.

Bestest way to accomplish that?

Supposin'....jus' supposin'....we have a family which wants to travel from WDW resort to Universal for the day.

They will not have their car.

Bestest way to accomplish that?
Are there any children under 6?

Depends on how many people, as well as how many are kids and what their ages are.

We did that journey the other way around when we were staying at universal. We used uber and it cost around $20 but that was just me and dh.

AHHHHHHHHHH, yes.

2 adults, one 14 year old, and a seven year old.....
No child seats or boosters are required, so your best and most economical method would be UberX or Lyft. If you're transferring hotels with luggage, or just don't want to squeeze 3 across into a small car, use UberXL or Lyft XL.

While staying at the Contemporary this month I noted a Mear's minivan taking a family to Universal; I knew because they said they were going for the day. No idea what the cost was but the hotel staff seemed to to know the driver.

Last edited:
Last time I did a day trip to Universal, I took a Mears Shared Ride van... Which was something like $30+ per adult round trip. (It's currently $33/adult, $25/kid 4-11.)

I just looked up Mears for a family of four from AS Music to Universal Orlando and it said a flat rate of $55.00 each way for a luxury Van, Sedan, or SUV. That doesn't seem bad.

Mears Luxury Van/SUV/Sedan: $110
Mears Shared Ride: $124

I did it about 8 years ago, before Uber existed. I didn't have an issue with Mears when I used them. They were fantastic for me.

Last time I did a day trip to Universal, I took a Mears Shared Ride van... Which was something like $30+ per adult round trip. (It's currently $33/adult, $25/kid 4-11.)

I just looked up Mears for a family of four from AS Music to Universal Orlando and it said a flat rate of $55.00 each way for a luxury Van, Sedan, or SUV. That doesn't seem bad.

Mears Luxury Van/SUV/Sedan: $110
Mears Shared Ride: $124

I did it about 8 years ago, before Uber existed. I didn't have an issue with Mears when I used them. They were fantastic for me.
We took a Lyft last month and it was less than $30 round trip.

We always use Uber/Lyft....it runs around $15 each way. I like to get dropped off, and picked up, at the Hard Rock Hotel...much easier and quicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter