Okay, someone tell me about the Rainforest restaurant in DTD.....

colbybug

DIS Veteran
I've never been there, just walked past it on our last trip and I'm thinking that we might have missed something really fun. Well, we're taking another trip to DL this Spring and wonder if this is a "don't miss"? Is the food that good or does it just have alot of atmosphere? Is it more for adults or would young kids like it too? Lots of questions, I know... thank goodness for this board!

Kathy

We go there the first night of every trip. The kids love it , the food is good and they make great drinks. The store is fun but the staff in the store is never nice. It is a great place for a group because it is loud , so you don't have to worry about the kids soo much!

We have one in our mall so I would never spend my precious Disney time there, but my kids really like going. I will say though that the food is not great. If you go there save yourself some frustration and just get a burger or a salad. Remember too that the kids meals are HUGE! My dd 8 and dd4 always share. We usually get a cookie in the mall after and that is plenty. There are plenty of places to get snacks in DTD!!! :yay: Your kids will probably really like it. It rains every 30 minutes!

I think the food there is really good. I generally get the China Island Chicken Salad which is huge and can be split and DH gets an appetizer. Then one kids meal for the kids to split and we are stuffed. I think you have to try it yourself to know if the food is good for your tastes. To me, it is as good or better than a TGI Fridays, Chili's or Applebees with a really unique atmosphere and much more varied menu. I can totally understand not wanting to eat at one if you have one near you locally however. We don't so we can't miss out when we go to Disneyland.

Not sure if I'll go with our two young children (5 and nearly 2 years.) I went to the one at the Mall of America when I was pregnant with our first son. Looked really cool outside, and I loved the room themes inside, but it was a bit loud, with thunderclap and rolling thunder noises and (I think?) animal noises. I would think slightly older kids would just love it, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter