OJ Simpson Died

All I can think of is I pray his kids are ok, what a mess me made of their little lives.

Off he goes to be judged in a place where tricks like ill-fitting gloves don't matter.
The time to worry about his kids was back in 1993 when they lost their mother in a senseless murder.

All 4-5 (?) kids now are grown adult kids who have had their father their entire childhood/good chunk of adulthood.

. I remember listening to the verdict come in, in a basement chemistry lab, with a radio the teacher whipped out. So, it feels like a part of my story died..

Funny but for me I was in a microbiology lab when we heard the verdict on the radio. Not in the basement though. :)

No sympathy for this one

I have a clear memory of the trial, and remember the gut-wrenching feeling when the verdict was read. (I was watching at my office, in a conference room with co-workers.) I felt so disappointed with the prosecution and with our justice system.

I hope this brings some peace to the families of the victims, Ron and Nicole. Fred Goldman released a statement saying that it just reminds him of how long Ron has been gone and how much he is missed. :guilty:

Remember that his “kids” are now full fledged adults probably with kids of their own. I don’t follow celebs lives much so not sure if OJ was a grandfather.

The time to worry about his kids was back in 1993 when they lost their mother in a senseless murder.

All 4-5 (?) kids now are grown adult kids who have had their father their entire childhood/good chunk of adulthood.

I don't understand, did they stop being his kids at some point? Tricky

My first thought was relief that Nicole and Ron's remaining family get to live on the earth, without OJ around. Live out the rest of their life, as best they can. Not belittling his own family's loss & complicated grief - but time without having to deal with pictures & thoughts of him out living his life. A small blessing.

I was working in a very rough high school when the verdict came - I don't know if it was lunch or just at the end of school but most students instantly celebrated the verdict of not guilty, in full glory - not an inch of exaggeration. It was something to see.

For the Bronco chase I was living in Japan but the memory of that was interrupting the NBA finals, and some loved ones' intense irritation over that, more than anything.

I don't understand, did they stop being his kids at some point? Tricky
You said: “All I can think of is I pray his kids are ok, what a mess me made of their little lives.”

Just clarifying that they were all grown up now and not little children.

The evidence he left behind was his ‘confession’ remember some on that jury that acquitted him said they did so in retaliation for the King incident not due to the case the prosecution presented
A lot of people felt that way at the time but err it’s not like they wanted their daughters to marry him….oops.

I was a juror on a state civil case at the time. It’s all anybody talked about during lunch breaks.

I was working in a very rough high school when the verdict came - I don't know if it was lunch or just at the end of school but most students instantly celebrated the verdict of not guilty, in full glory - not an inch of exaggeration. It was something to see.

I was in high school at the time (not a "rough" school). As a student, our feelings on the matter were...complicated. I think, that, for one, we didn't want to believe he did it - he was a guy many of us liked. It was easy for us to see it as an overzealous prosecution - young people are prone to that. Considering that DNA evidence was new and didn't make sense to us, the very believeable idea that the LAPD would plant evidence (even if they didn't need to), and the generally messy prosecution case, it felt like a vindication. Really, despite the fact that it seems pretty clear that he did it, I think that to this day, if I were on that jury with that exact case presented, it'd be hard to convict. Many people feel that the jury got it wrong, but it was the prosecution that botched it.

On a side note, as this was going on, we were Seniors reading Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment. The project culminated in the before lunch and after lunch AP Senior English classes enacting a mock trial using evidence from the book. My class was the defense, and we patterned everything off of OJ's defense. Another class served as the jury, and we won, much to the teacher's chagrin. She didn't like our class because while we were smart, we were that kind of "lazy smart" where things came easily so we didn't work hard. I'm not even sure we all read the book in it's entirety. We still won. Take that class with valedictorian and saludttorian!

Last edited:
I have a clear memory of the trial, and remember the gut-wrenching feeling when the verdict was read. (I was watching at my office, in a conference room with co-workers.) I felt so disappointed with the prosecution and with our justice system.
I had an identical experience. Must have been lots of people gathered around lots of conference rooms that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter