Ohana Does Disney Pre Trip Report

Kandiwilde

Mouseketeer
Hi There!!!!!!

Welcome to our Pre trip Report for our November 2017 Walt Disney World Vacation. We are a group of Disney loving girls who live in the UK and became friends through our mutual love for Disney. We collectively call our group ‘Ohana’ as we feel like a family and have been together though everything life has thrown at us.

13179202_10154207817238833_4420689017721881956_n.jpg

SO WHO IS OHANA?

The narrator of this story is me, Kandi. I’m 32 years young and i live in Warrington Uk. I’m completely obsessed with Disney and have been as long as i can remember. I have Coeliac disease so be prepared for gluten free meal reviews in our main trip report.
17992349_10155391730159903_7461924495979216214_n.jpg
18920414_10155524449489903_600027587706684610_n.jpg
14718812_10154718170444903_1802054186363434848_n.jpg

This trip will be my 18th time at WDW, not counting the 4 months I worked at Disney in the summer of 2010 for my international college program. I am mum to 2 kitties called Loki and Thor and they are my world. They are so spolit (and they know it). I work at Starbucks and have spent the last 18 months saving every penny so this dream vacation can become a reality.

My favourite character is Pascal. I love him that much I had him tattooed on my foot. Rapunzel is my favourite princess and obviously Tangled is my favourite film although Moana is a close second. My favourite park is Epcot and i can spend days just wandering around the World Showcase exploring every nook and cranny.

Next we have Vicki who is 26.

15894675_10154976157372904_6458035396388167316_n.jpg

Vicki will be my room buddy on vacation so we will probably never get any sleep as we spend evening s just chatting away about anything and everything. Vicki is from Bristol and works as a funeral director but that doesn’t stop her from loving Disney.

Vicki’s favourite character is Tink and her favourite film is Beauty and the Beast. Her favourite park is the Magic Kingdom.

The next member of the cast is Sophie.

18622546_10155369677678833_5386263470449854863_n.jpg

Sophie is 24 and is completely obsessed with all things Stitch. Sophie comes from the West Midlands and works as a care assistant in a hospital. Her favourite characters are Stitch and Sorcerer Mickey. Sophie has recently been trying to watch every Disney film ever made and her current favourite is Song of the South which ties into her favourite ride, Splash Mountain. Her favourite park is the Magic Kingdom although Animal Kingdom is a close second because Sophie loves animals and practically lives in a zoo. She has so many animals including 4 dogs, 2 parrots, guinea pigs and a tortoise.

The youngest member of Ohana is Nicola, who ironically is also the tallest whereas i am the oldest yet the shortest.

10309646_10202562631521151_117505338886232452_n.jpg

Nic is 23 and lives in Norwich. She lives the furthest away from all of us and so we cherish our time together when we have meet ups. Nic loves Baymax and he comes with her to all our meet ups. Her favourite parks are the Magic Kingdom and Epcot (she couldn’t pick between them). She also couldn’t pick her favourite film because she said she loves them all.

And finally we have Erin who is 28.

17991287_10155212995010908_2955683046384033591_o.jpg

Erin recently married her Prince Charming Jason and moved to Atlanta, Georgia to be with him so she is now in a whole different country to us which can make things a bit difficult when trying to plan things with the time difference. Erin’s favourite park is Epcot and her favourite character is Figment. Unfortunately Erin won’t be joining us for the entire trip but she will be joining us for a weekend. It will be the first time we would have seen her since May.

HOW DID WE MEET?

So about 6 years ago we all applied for the Cultural Representative Program at Epcot through a company called Yummy Jobs. We only had a group on Facebook at the time we applied so we only communicated through that to begin with. Unfortunately we didn’t get the opportunity to showcase our talents and our love for Disney as Yummy Jobs rejected us but by that point we were firm friends. After the disappointment of the rejection we decided to meet up at a UK theme park and after that we have been inseparable. Even though we all live in different parts of the country (and the world in Erins case) we aim to meet up every couple of months, we Skype weekly and we talk everyday over Facebook Messenger. These are my best friends in the whole world and even though we don’t live close to each other I know they are there for me when I need them.

WHEN AND WHERE ARE WE STAYING?

We will be leaving from Manchester airport on November 7th 2017 and will be staying at Coronado Springs Resort for 14 amazing nights with the dining plan. This is the first holiday we would have taken together and we are far too excited!!!!!

We are hoping to get a refurbed room at the resort but we will be happy if we don’t. After all we will be at Disney for 2 weeks.

PLANS AND BOOKED MEALS

So the girls are planning to arrive at my tiny apartment on Monday 6th November after we have all put in a final day of work, because they live so far away it will be quite late by the time that they arrive so I will have dinner ready and Champagne on ice ready to celebrate. Then it will be time for bed as the taxi is booked for 7am the next day to take us to the airport!!!!!

When we arrive in Orlando our plan is to drop all our luggage at the hotel and go to Disney Springs for dinner. We haven’t booked a meal for this day as we aren’t sure what time we will arrive at the resort and don’t want to be rushed as we will be jet lagged from the time difference.

Wednesday 8th November. We are planning to go to the Magic Kingdom on our first morning and hopefully get there for rope drop as we most likely will be up early due to the 5 hour time difference. We have booked the Hoop De Doo Revue at 8:30pm. Vicki is the only one of us who has eaten here so we are all excited to see the entertainment and drink ALL the sangria.

Thursday 9th November is our first Epcot Day. We are eating in San Angel Inn for lunch and then enjoying the offerings at the Food and Wine Festival. Vicki and I plan on sharing at San Angel so we aren’t too stuffed for all the Food and Wine goodies. KI am too excited to eat at San Angel as for years I’ve begged my family to eat here but they hate Mexican food so I’ve always been outvoted.

Friday 10th November is Animal Kingdom. We have Yak and Yeti booked for lunch and we are hoping we will be able to see Pandora during this day.

Saturday 11th November . This is our Hollywood Studios day and we have booked 50s Prime Time Cafe as both Vicki and I love this restaurant and the other girls haven’t eaten here.

Sunday 12th November is going to be a rest day and then we have the MVMCP booked for the evening. We haven’t booked any meals for this day as we are just planning on snacking or going to a water park.

Monday 13th November. We have BOG booked for dinner on this day.

Tuesday 14th November. We were planning on heading to Sea World on this day but due to finances we aren’t entirely sure that this will be happening. If we don’t go to Sea World we will have another lazy day and then head to our dinner reservation at Le Cellier in Epcot.

Wednesday 15th November. Back to MK for lunch at BOG and then just enjoying the park.

Thursday 16th November. This is our character hunt day and we will be having dinner in Raglan Road at Disney Springs as Erin arrives this evening so we want to be at the hotel to greet her.

Friday 17th November. We have managed to get a reservation at Trattoria al Forno for breakfast with Rapunzel. We will then either head to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. We have booked Beaches and Cream for dinner so we can share the Kitchen Sink.

Saturday 18th November. This is Dapper Day. We have booked breakfast at our namesake Ohana (we had to go there!!!) and have a late lunch at Kona Cafe. We plan on going to MK on this day in our Dapper Day dresses to get some photos taken as we are all reunited in our favourite place.

Sunday 19th November. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre. Erin leaves on this day so we are going to AK but with strict instructions that we can’t take Erin into Pandora because she wants to go with her husband and see it together for the first time. We are planning on having dinner in Pandora once Erin has left for home.

Monday 20th November. Our last full day. No meals booked as yet as we want to just take in MK and say our goodbyes.

Tuesday 21st November. Home time. Spending the morning at Disney Springs and then getting the Tragic Express to the airport to fly back to the uk.

We will be writing a trip report once we are there and updating this pre trip report when we have finalised our plans and booked our fastpasses.

We are also vlogging our adventure on our Youtube channel which is Ohana Adventures and posting pictures on our Instagram ohanaadventures17 so please add us and watch our ramblings. Thanks for reading, hopefully i haven’t bored you all to tears and we will See Ya Real Soon!!!!

Tuning in! My partner is from the UK (Wednesbury), so they always love to see things like this, and I'll make sure to share your adventures with them until they can come see me for our first trip!

Following along!

You girls are so beautiful! I'm a sucker for a girl squad trip and it looks like this is already shaping up to be a super fun two weeks.

Kudos for all of those awesome ADRs!

I see that you were a QSFB ICP! I finished up my Fall College Program (Attractions H/H) back in January! Which complex did you live at?

I'm so excited for you ladies and will be following along. Your intro made me a little misty-eyed. It's apparent you all mean a great deal to each other, and I think that's a lovely thing.

My daughter's favorite princess is also Rapunzel, and we hope to book the Bon Voyage breakfast, too. We will be there in January, so I will be on the lookout for your review of that meal.

Have fun prepping for your trip! Thanks for sharing the details with us. :)

Following along!

You girls are so beautiful! I'm a sucker for a girl squad trip and it looks like this is already shaping up to be a super fun two weeks.

Kudos for all of those awesome ADRs!

I see that you were a QSFB ICP! I finished up my Fall College Program (Attractions H/H) back in January! Which complex did you live at?

I lived at Patterson for the first month and then moved to Chatham because my room mates kept turning the a.c. off in May so my apartment was hotter than outside. Thanks for reading, just waiting for the 60 day mark now so we can do our fastpasses and finalise all our plans. It's 5 months today until we go!!!!!

I'm so excited for you ladies and will be following along. Your intro made me a little misty-eyed. It's apparent you all mean a great deal to each other, and I think that's a lovely thing.

My daughter's favorite princess is also Rapunzel, and we hope to book the Bon Voyage breakfast, too. We will be there in January, so I will be on the lookout for your review of that meal.

Have fun prepping for your trip! Thanks for sharing the details with us. :)

We've been through so much together especially in the last 2 years and its brought us so much closer together.
I can't wait for the Rapunzel breakfast, it's all I think about :)

I lived at Patterson for the first month and then moved to Chatham because my room mates kept turning the a.c. off in May so my apartment was hotter than outside. Thanks for reading, just waiting for the 60 day mark now so we can do our fastpasses and finalise all our plans. It's 5 months today until we go!!!!!

I heard Chatham was really nice! I lived in Vista for the six months I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter