• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oga's Cantina is HS

disgirl

DIS Veteran
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong place, meant to put in Disney world dining. Sorry, I can not seem to delete it.

Hi! I will be making my dining reservations this week for my Dec. trip and thought I had everything we wanted planned, but am now wondering if I should try to get a reservation at Oga's Cantina on our HS day. It will just be DH and me and DH is a Star Wars fan. I thought it might be nice to have a drink and maybe something to eat. I know their menu only has like 2 food items on it, but thought it might be fun, but I do not know really anything about the experience.

Is it worth trying once? Any thoughts will be very much appreciated. Thanks!!

It's usually crowded and you will be seated at a table with strangers or share a standing-only table with strangers. There is a two-drink limit and a 45 minute time limit.

It is fun and something I enjoy. I actually prefer not to have a reservation even though it means I won't have a seat. I don't care to be squished in with another group and while you are usually still at a table with other people, it feels more natural that way. I have found the drinks to be hit or miss (much like most of the drinks at Disney), but it is a fun atmosphere.

I think it's fun to try once, especially if you're a Star Wars fan. We requested to stand at the bar (as opposed to share a table with strangers) and they were able to accommodate. I recall being crammed in with at least 2 or 3 other parties in a tight booth before asking to move to the bar. I can understand others not wanting to stand after walking in the parks all day, but i had a great time and the bartenders were great and highly entertaining! The drinks were a little pricey and a bit hit or miss, but i enjoyed the experience overall.

I think it's fun to try once, especially if you're a Star Wars fan. We requested to stand at the bar (as opposed to share a table with strangers) and they were able to accommodate. I recall being crammed in with at least 2 or 3 other parties in a tight booth before asking to move to the bar. I can understand others not wanting to stand after walking in the parks all day, but i had a great time and the bartenders were great and highly entertaining! The drinks were a little pricey and a bit hit or miss, but i enjoyed the experience overall.
I do not know if DH will enjoy standing or being crammed in with others, but I am hoping the overall experience of the place, will make it worthwhile. Thanks for the input.

It’s really more about the experience than the drinks or food. It’s cool to see once. We stayed about 20 minutes or so. Very crowded. I think the drinks are premade. We didn’t care for them. One and done but glad we got to see it.

Try for a reservation after park closing. We've done this a few times and usually Oga's isn't as crowded at that time. Plus, you get the benefit of a nearly empty Galaxy's Edge and some great photos.
You’ve been lucky. A lot of my Oga’s have been end of night or even after park close since I’m usually acting as tour guide to family & friends and hoping to get them those awesome Galaxy’s Edge night photo ops. It’s always been pretty crowded. I think more and more people are trying for those late spots for the cool night shots in front of the Millennium Falcon.

It is worth trying. We did it on our Honeymoon and glad we did. We had a drink, looked around, and moved on in about 25 minutes. Kind of a cool thing that went right along with making a light saber at Savi's, both cool.

You’ve been lucky. A lot of my Oga’s have been end of night or even after park close since I’m usually acting as tour guide to family & friends and hoping to get them those awesome Galaxy’s Edge night photo ops. It’s always been pretty crowded. I think more and more people are trying for those late spots for the cool night shots in front of the Millennium Falcon.
Go for the reservations 45-60 minutes after the park closes- Galaxy's Edge by the Millenium Falcon has been empty the 4x I've been there at various times of the year (including spring break). Once they stop allowing people to pass through GE without an Oga's reservation it really clears out and you can get great nighttime pics at Kylo Ren's shuttle and the Millenium Falcon. The only people there are those exiting Smuggler's Run or waiting for their Oga's ADR since no one else is allowed to enter the area. Oga's will still have a crowd but won't be insane like it is earlier in the day. At least that has been our experience.

I do not know if DH will enjoy standing or being crammed in with others, but I am hoping the overall experience of the place, will make it worthwhile. Thanks for the input.
If you get inside and really aren't feeling it you can always leave. Once they stuck us in front of the emergency exit with barely any counter space for a party of 7. Half my group just left, the rest of us had one drink and left pretty quick. It was an awful spot to be given. Thankfully it was my second time there and the first time was lovely, so it didn't ruin it for me.

It’s worth doing once. I would not bother trying the food. You would be better off doing the big pretzel or charcuterie board at Baseline Tap.

I went once and I'm not sure if I'm just too old for the experience or what. It's loud, the floor is sticky and I was up past my bedtime. It felt like I had time traveled to my old college bar but it was star wars themed.

We also have had wonderful experiences booking the last reservation after park close. Much less crowded, and GE was empty when we came our. We got a few moments for photos before they marched us out. When we checked in, we requested a booth, as we were really tired. That added another 10 minutes or so to the wait, but was worth it to sit. We were paired with another family that didn’t want to chat, no that was fine.

Definately a MUST try for a star wars fan.. I say even if not, its a great experience. The drinks are actually descent too!

You definitely should try it. First time we went were sitting at the bar but near an end. It was meh and we couldn't really hear Rex. Next time we were at a standing table right in front of Rex and had much more fun. Watching that little guy spin his tunes and hearing his lines really made for a more fun experience.

I wouldn't expect to eat there though. Get yourself a Ronto wrap before or after you go.

Def try at least once. I'd recommend a reservation given how jammed it is during the day. I was standing at the bar. One drink. No food ordered. I was processed in and out in less than 20 mins. My cheque was delivered 5 mins after my drink. There was a party of 3 Australian ladies in their mid 20s beside me. They must have ordered 2 or 3 drinks each plus appetizers and they were given their cheque at the same time as me. That's a decent size bill given the prices. Perhaps you get up to 45 mins at a table but spending more doesn't seem to buy you more time at the bar. It's a fast churn standing at the bar. Like PPs I wouldn't pay for food. Grab a ronto wrap before or after.

It's a lot of fun! The drinks are interesting and look great, both with and without alcohol. The food options are just snacks and not substantial, so don't rely on them for much. But definitely get a reservation and try is, especially for a Star Wars fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter