Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on my FP for my trip in just under 60 days :love: while simultaneously stalking this thread. Just curious... For those of you within your 60 day window, have you already made FP for your DHS days and plan to change them when they release SW related FP or are you just waiting to book new ones at that time. Can't decide if there is an advantage/disadvantage to either approach.

Book now.

Use the schedule from the front page as a guideline and give yourself some leeway. (EG If you're not doing a character breakfast you may want to put more of your FP+ in the morning before the parade - or try to schedule on FP+ in the morning, afternoon and evening so worse case you may only have to give up one.)

If SW Tier 1 FP+ show up later that you want you'll at least have the other FP+ already booked.

(Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that...)

If you happen to have a H&V for May 15th that you plan to cancel...please keep me in mind ;)
I posted three H&Vs I'd like to drop awhile back and only one got taken. So, I still have a 5/15 at 5pm WITH Fantasmic for three people. Let me know if you're interested. (The other one I have is 5/25 at 4:45pm, no Fantasmic package, 3 people). PM if anyone wants to coordinate.

Heading out for my birthday at DHS and with luck Trader Sam's. Will be checking in off and on.

Well first, happy birthday!
Second, if you remember I'd love to know how the wait went for you at Trader Sam's! I want to fit it in for our trip, but a 3 hour wait kind of puts a damper on things...

Book now.

Use the schedule from the front page as a guideline and give yourself some leeway. (EG If you're not doing a character breakfast you may want to put more of your FP+ in the morning before the parade - or try to schedule on FP+ in the morning, afternoon and evening so worse case you may only have to give up one.)

If SW Tier 1 FP+ show up later that you want you'll at least have the other FP+ already booked.

(Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that...)

I pretty much did this just to get things lined up since we plan on hopping over to EP to eat on at least one of our days. I used the first page of this to determine which show(s) I will be trying to FP and left those times free to avoid any issues in the system with overlaps so the system doesn't say they aren't available because I already have plans for that time.

--->
that map was from when the parade went all the way to ST.
The parade starts at the front of the park and ends at the stage, this year it'll be off centered in front of GMR

The parade starts at the front of the park and ends at the stage, this year it'll be off centered in front of GMR

Thank you. It was the only map my google-foo could pull up.

So if they go to just past where the hat is now, how do they ditch? Do they turn around and go back the way the came?

So do you think the strategy of watching by American Idol would still work. If we did try to watch the parade, I was thinking about Kenny the Pirates strategy.

Thank you. It was the only map my google-foo could pull up.

So if they go to just past where the hat is now, how do they ditch? Do they turn around and go back the way the came?
The 501st and Rebel Legion (both are volunteer groups not owned by Disney) march on and exit thru ST. But all the rest go up on stage do the welcome show and then characters go backstage via GMR backstage door and TSMM backstage gate. The celebs hop back in their car and drive back down the same street they came up. Watch a video and you'll get a better understanding of this

So do you think the strategy of watching by American Idol would still work. If we did try to watch the parade, I was thinking about Kenny the Pirates strategy.
This is a good point since it'll be off center we don't know if it'll be more toward the right or left of GMR.

TY

I was thinking of grabbing sandwiches from starring rolls ~10:15 and grabbing a spot near the 'B' of hollywood blvd on that map
yep, I'm not sure if 10:15 will get you a shady spot but anywhere on the left side of the Blvd will be good.

I am working on my FP for my trip in just under 60 days :love: while simultaneously stalking this thread. Just curious... For those of you within your 60 day window, have you already made FP for your DHS days and plan to change them when they release SW related FP or are you just waiting to book new ones at that time. Can't decide if there is an advantage/disadvantage to either approach.

I just did my FastPasses last night at midnight. (I am exhausted, especially since I couldn't get to sleep I was so worked up from Disney planning!) I did book my FastPasses for my SWW day. I had planned Star Tours in the am so I booked the time I wanted there. Then I just grabbed two for the afternoon, but figure those will be adjusted based on show schedule/FastPasses so I wasn't too concerned about the times.

Wow the lady with the Anakin costumes.

I have a BABW Trekking Turtle (FILBERT!) who is my constant companion and I have a zillion outfits for him and yes, every SW outfit, and I know at home I had a small meltdown while organizing them because I suddenly couldn't remember which lightsaber was Anakin's.

But I was mostly just upset at myself. And no one got yelled at!

I'm new to the whole booking FP but I wonder the same thing. I went ahead and booked FP for that day and plan on changing them. I wanted to go ahead and get a ST FP so I didn't miss out or get one when something else was going on. Managed to get a ST FP for 8:45-9:45.

I am waiting until the SW shows are added.

FYI, just released a Hollywood & Vine dinner reservation for May 29, if anyone wants to jump on it.

Quick question for anyone who has booked the VIP tour...do you need to pay upfront or is it added to your room tab after its done? How does that work? TIA!!

Quick question for anyone who has booked the VIP tour...do you need to pay upfront or is it added to your room tab after its done? How does that work? TIA!!
Paid at time of booking. (Technically it took a few days to show up on my cc statement).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest