• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Was it a SW tour or a VIP group? I didn't think the SW tours came with photographers...
I am assuming tour group, orange straps on passes, blue tooth headphones and receivers. CM at entry described them as tour group and one was scheduled for today.

So disappointed. Here tonight, tour group was let in 15 minutes early with guides and a photographer.
Was it a SW tour or a VIP group? I didn't think the SW tours came with photographers...
Hmm, it is puzzling. They discontinued letting tour guests in early a few weeks ago. As of about a week ago, that was the case. Stay tuned.
You say this as if it's likely to change soon? any chance of that happening by mid-september?
Not that soon, around the end of the year.
Dan knows full well what they look like as he got a few of them a couple of weeks ago. Was it a challenge to get those in your suit case Dan?

Dan knows full well what they look like as he got a few of them a couple of weeks ago. Was it a challenge to get those in your suit case Dan?
Ahhhh, yes it was, FP. Four TIE Fighters for the 4 of us do not travel well on a plane. I think Natalie had each in a separate plastic bag, counting as one of our 'personal' carry-ons. In any case, I know we did get them all home. They are pretty neat though and make fun play things for the boys. :darth:

My family is heading to the dessert party September 21st! I'm fairly excited: it seems like a ton of fun, and we're all over 21 so we can take advantage of those drinks as well. In our 2 week long trip, it's our only planned Hollywood Studios day, so I wanted to be sure we got a good spot for the fireworks.

I, for one, am happy about the change to the TIE fighter buckets. I've always thought the Chewie Steins looked a little creepy. I do wish it was the bb8 cup instead though. :( The TIE fighters look cool, but as Dan is saying are super hard to bring home. The BB8 cups are smaller and easier to stash, and also more likely to be used once you get home. They're also the most adorable thing.

The only problem I'm having is that I'm trying to keep the dessert party as a surprise for my mother. She hasn't noticed it on her My Disney Experience yet, thankfully. However, we did end up with a Biergarten reservation earlier that night. I'm just going to have to convince her to not eat too much there because we need to rush back to Hollywood Studios and "stake out a spot" for the fireworks. I feel like we'll still barely end up touching the desserts though. Oh well. :P

WDW News is reporting "The show “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be dark for two weeks in September. The show will not perform September 13th-September 26th, 2017, but will return on the 27th."

WDW News is reporting "The show “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be dark for two weeks in September. The show will not perform September 13th-September 26th, 2017, but will return on the 27th."
Argh-we will be there Sept 9-18. I've already figured out my touring plans and don't think I could fit it in on the 10, 11, or 12th. Well I guess on the 12th, I could go, but my sister wouldn't be able to (she only has a MNSSHP ticket that day, while I have an AP).

The Star Wars spectacular and dessert party switches over to the Christmas thing THE DAY WE ARRIVE. Seriously crying right now. :sad::sad::sad:

I am just realizing this now. My son is a HUGE SW fan and I'm heartbroken to tell him he won't get to see this. It ends the week before our trip. %&*#

Argh-we will be there Sept 9-18. I've already figured out my touring plans and don't think I could fit it in on the 10, 11, or 12th. Well I guess on the 12th, I could go, but my sister wouldn't be able to (she only has a MNSSHP ticket that day, while I have an AP).

Ok, now that I've watched it on youtube, I guess I'm not as upset/annoyed. Last time it was closed down, they had characters come out for photos and such. Any word yet on if that will happen again?

Never mind I just reread the post, and realized I read it wrong... duh..

Last edited:

We have booked the Star Wars tour for 9/15 now that this is not showing and we are two adults so we are not doing the Jedi Training, what do you think they will have us do for all this time? Very disappointing

...what? But they've already sold dessert party tickets and such! This messes with my plans a lot. D: Like I said we only have the one night in Hollywood studios. They wouldn't do the dessert party when fireworks aren't scheduled, right? And they haven't sent me any email letting me know or anything. Where do they get their info?

...what? But they've already sold dessert party tickets and such! This messes with my plans a lot. D: Like I said we only have the one night in Hollywood studios. They wouldn't do the dessert party when fireworks aren't scheduled, right? And they haven't sent me any email letting me know or anything. Where do they get their info?
This is the stage show, not the nighttime show.

I am showing it being dark on the 13th but I'm not seeing a return date. I think it might resume sooner than the 2 weeks being reported. I believe the temporary stage at Center Stage will be removed and they'll give the new mobile stage another try.

What happens when they don't do the show for tour guests? We are doing the tour on September 18th and I was wondering what changes with the schedule when A Galaxy Far Far Away is not being performed

Awesome...17 days out from our trip and they spring this on us :( :(

Oooooooh. That makes so much more sense. I just saw the post and panicked. Now I feel silly. :P Not a problem then I guess.

I thought the same thing when I saw the post! I almost rearranged our schedule to see the show on the 12th! So don't feel too silly since you weren't the only one :)

What happens when they don't do the show for tour guests? We are doing the tour on September 18th and I was wondering what changes with the schedule when A Galaxy Far Far Away is not being performed
Last time they had no show they did a private meet and greet with Vader for tour guests. Not saying that that will happen again but that is what happened before

Last time they had no show they did a private meet and greet with Vader for tour guests. Not saying that that will happen again but that is what happened before
They also had several instances of some of the characters popping up in Launch Bay or outdoors for spontaneous M&G / photo opportunities. I know we met Boba Fett and several Death Troopers that way when we were there, but they were very limited opportunities and with no advance notice. They just showed up, in some cases there was a temporary queue put in place and the lines were cut after only 15 minutes or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter