***Official September 2023 Thread***

I'm also waiting on points to be loaded on a new contract to make a reservation and nail down our dates. I'm getting the contracts notarized and mailing off the check today. 😄 We could book a two bedroom today by borrowing points, but I'm buying a contract with banked points, so we're going to wait it out. Thankfully our home resort is Saratoga Springs, so there should still be availability when points get loaded.

I still can't decide if we should do the week after Labor Day or the end of the month. We're taking all four of our adult kids this year plus our daughter-in-law. We're hoping to book a two bedroom and a studio.

Sept 9th to 19th at SSR.

Points from our new contract are loaded! We're all booked! Just have to wait for Southwest to open flights now.

I forgot to post here, but we are going to VGF Sep 3-9. There is a chance we'll go to DHHI so we get some beach time instead, but either way we will be at a Disney resort.

Edit to fix the weird run on sentence.

Last edited:

We'll be there September 9-16th(may add an extra night on) staying at Boulder Ridge Villas...which is our DVC home but it's also my son's first "real" trip where he counts as a child lol. We're going to celebrate his 4th birthday

We've moved our trip up to August!

The D23 Expo is coming to WDW btw at the Contemporary September 8-10, 2023.
This may really influence the move to DHHI so we can skip those crowds. At the very least, I'll change our check out day to the 8th if we decide to keep the VGF reservation.

This may really influence the move to DHHI so we can skip those crowds. At the very least, I'll change our check out day to the 8th if we decide to keep the VGF reservation.
Exactly!! We moved our trip up a week (now arriving August 27th) so that we are at Universal that weekend. D23 crowds are no joke!

Last edited:
I have updated our reservation to be Sep 3-8. I am toying with making it Sep 2-8 if we decide to stay at VGF. If we move to DHHI then we'll keep it 3-8.

We've moved our trip up to August!

The D23 Expo is coming to WDW btw at the Contemporary September 8-10, 2023.
Isn't that usually in California? I don't know if I should be excited or scared by the crowds. I just grabbed 2 extra nights for the 7th and 8th, so I can figure it out later.

I guess I'll need to check with my family and see if they would rather move it to later in the month or go to D23.

Edit: So far I've polled 2 of 6 family members. One "no way" and one "heck yes". I predict the final vote to be 3 "heck yes" (including me) and 3 "no ways" and 1 "how much does it cost?"

Last edited:
My party is going to WDW from the 12 to the 20th

Originally when we started planning we were aiming for POP but we just heard that Drury Plaza is open and have moved our reservations there Just this morning.

Wish I had read the updates about D23 before making the move though. I'm starting to wonder if I should also move my dates by a week. This is only my 2nd time going to WDW so I'm not sure what to expect that week after D23 in regards to park crowds.

Hi
We will be there 9/22-9/30 at Shades of Green
Excited to try SOG for first time, as it’s the only way we can afford to experience a deluxe resort
We normally stay value to save money but with the 5th person in our party over age 2 SOG is actually our cheapest option

Welcome to the Official September 2023 Thread! We are less than a year out now, so let's start planning!

The magic is calling us to the place where all of our dreams come true, the most magical place on Earth - answer the call!

When are you going in September 2023 and where are you staying?

Dates and Resorts:wave:

September 1st - 10th: pskelly - POFQ
September 3rd - 13th: hsmamainva - Pop Century
September 6th - 20th: EmilyGahr - Wilderness Lodge and Yacht Club (honeymoon!)
September 21st - 25th: VAtink - Yacht Club
September 21st, 25th - 27th: JiminyCricketNJ - Bay Lake Tower
September 27th - October 7th: debedo - BW/CCR
Sept 10-14 All Star Music

Officially booked! Staying at Pop from 9/10-9/17 under the dining promo. My son and I are going and possibly my mom, step dad and sister will be going with us from Atlanta (we live in Indianapolis). Now just to wait for Southwest to open up flights!

Is it September yet? :rolleyes1

I can finally update my trip information! I will be at Boardwalk Resort September 4-16th. This is my first time staying at an Epcot resort and can't wait to be able to walk over to the Food and Wine booths!

Just booked our trip today! 9/5 to 9/10 at All Star Movies. It's a surprise bday trip for my daughter and she won't know about it until June.....ugh...hard haha. My husband and I speak of it in secret. Anyway, waiting on MNSSHP tickets to come out in May (hopefully) and for Southwest to release their flights to see if I need to tweak my dates. So excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter