• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2020 Thread***

Hello everyone! We will be at the Poly during mid-September! It's our first stay there. Our ADR's are in 2 weeks and honestly the only meals we really HAVE to have anymore are Via Napoli and Yak and Yeti!

Happy planning to you all!

Since you are doing Yak & Yeti do you have a Landry's card? You get the money back plus then you don't have to worry about having a reservation.

*waves*

Hi everyone! we're doing a split stay, CBR Sept 9-13 and a suite at RR 14/15 thanks to my generous boss who is a DVC member! We love doing a resort day or two at the end of the stay just to get a little R&R before heading home :)

I'm having such a hard time planning which parks/which days right now because so much is opening and changing between now and September. In particular, I'd prefer doing DHS towards the beginning of the trip so we have a chance to try over multiple days to get a Boarding Group, but I'm worried I won't be able to get FP+ for MMRR at 60+1 or 2.

I'm also wondering if BGs will even be such an issue 6mths from now?
I was watching the frenzy when MFSR opened, but by the time we got there last September it had died down enough that we walked on at rope drop and did it twice in a row (walked the queue the second time, but it was just that, and slow shuffle/walk that only took about 20mins).

Anyone have thoughts?

T minus 7 days until it's ADR day!

I've been shuffling our plans around to match as many EMH as possible. Here's to hoping we get everything we want!

Got up at the crack of dawn to do my ADRs this morning. I was trying to book a Be Our Guest lunch for the sixth day of our trip (so 180+6 days out) and there was zero availability. As in, nothing at all, not even a weird off time. I know it's a popular reservation, but that seems kind of extreme to me. It made me wonder if there was some kind of error.
No trouble getting everything else I wanted including a BOG pre-park opening earlier in the week. We're doing Artist Point, Tratoria, Biergarten, Sci Fi, Coral Reef, Hacienda de San Angel, Kona, and Chefs de France. Also still crossing my fingers that Space 220 reservations will pop up soon and that it will be one credit on the DDP. Wishful thinking?

So, I've been getting the daily updates on the official park hours from Touring Plans this past week - anyone else kind of crushed to see how early the parks are closing? I mean - DHS and DAK are closing at 8/830 for the whole week. EMH at MK is down to 11p.m. This whittling away of park hours is a bummer. Bright side: we won't need a dedicated Disney Springs day when we can just hop over there most evenings I guess? (And Disney Springs is insanely hot during the day, so night-time visits will be a blessing I suppose).

I'm really torn the party tickets are a lot cheaper than After Hour tickets. I'm sure we'll have both available on our trip. Just trying to decide what would be the best choice for us since rides are the priority which means we'd like less crowds. I'm thinking DAH is less crowded due the time it's at.

I'm not seeing any After Hours planned for September at all: https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/08/20/disney-after-hours-dates-fall-and-winter/

There are dates listed all the way through March 2020, but they skip right over September.

They haven't released the dates for September yet. Last year it was May before they did so assume it will be at least that again this year. Wish they would do it sooner.
How strange that they back-track and add September dates after the fact! Thanks for letting me know though, I looked at historical dates and I was happy to see AH events every Thursday in Sept 2019, so I'm hopeful we get the chance this year!

How strange that they back-track and add September dates after the fact! Thanks for letting me know though, I looked at historical dates and I was happy to see AH events every Thursday in Sept 2019, so I'm hopeful we get the chance this year!

Maybe I am not looking at the same thing you are. The link you posted above was put out in 2019 talking about fall (2019) and winter (2019 and 2020 early). So not seeing where they would be back tracking. They haven't put anything out for dates after September 2020 either.

Maybe I am not looking at the same thing you are. The link you posted above was put out in 2019 talking about fall (2019) and winter (2019 and 2020 early). So not seeing where they would be back tracking. They haven't put anything out for dates after September 2020 either.
Ugh - you're right, I can't read. I was seeing October but glossing over the fact that they were 2019 dates, not 2020! This is like when I told someone Space Mountain was going down for a 2yr refurbishment instead of Spaceship Earth 😬 I'll never ear my ears at this rate! 🤣🤣

I posted this on the Facebook page, and haven't seen any mention of it here, so I'll post it here, too. I got an email from my TA this morning saying that Southwest will be releasing their schedule through October 30th on Thursday, March 12th. Just a heads up for those of you waiting on that.

Last edited:
So, I've been getting the daily updates on the official park hours from Touring Plans this past week - anyone else kind of crushed to see how early the parks are closing? I mean - DHS and DAK are closing at 8/830 for the whole week. EMH at MK is down to 11p.m. This whittling away of park hours is a bummer. Bright side: we won't need a dedicated Disney Springs day when we can just hop over there most evenings I guess? (And Disney Springs is insanely hot during the day, so night-time visits will be a blessing I suppose).

The park hours often change as we get closer as well. Hang tight and keep your fingers crossed 🤞

09/05/20-09/13/20 - Port Orleans Riverside. Dinner reservations - Check :) First time in a long time that we were able to book all of our first choice restaurants at our preferred times!

Last edited:
Got up at the crack of dawn to do my ADRs this morning. I was trying to book a Be Our Guest lunch for the sixth day of our trip (so 180+6 days out) and there was zero availability. As in, nothing at all, not even a weird off time. I know it's a popular reservation, but that seems kind of extreme to me. It made me wonder if there was some kind of error.
No trouble getting everything else I wanted including a BOG pre-park opening earlier in the week. We're doing Artist Point, Tratoria, Biergarten, Sci Fi, Coral Reef, Hacienda de San Angel, Kona, and Chefs de France. Also still crossing my fingers that Space 220 reservations will pop up soon and that it will be one credit on the DDP. Wishful thinking?

I had the same issue with BOG! Our ADR day was yesterday and I was up before the time needed with computer set n ready and could get BOG for Labor Day yet nothing available 4 days later on the 11th. I thought it was strange as I expected more options for the later date. Do you think that could be a sign the Labor Day MNSSHP party will be less busy than the Friday party?

My fiance and i will be staying at POP from 9/13-9/26 for our DisneyMoon!
Anyone planning to book flights with SW, does it pay to book right away or wait to see if prices come down?

My fiance and i will be staying at POP from 9/13-9/26 for our DisneyMoon!
Anyone planning to book flights with SW, does it pay to book right away or wait to see if prices come down?

I always book as soon as they are released, I don't know if it helps or not, but flights always wind up being more expensive after I book.

Made ADR's this morning!!!! Bummed I couldn't get a PPO for a BOG breakfast, and I'm not finding any availability for a dinner at Storybook Dining for either a Fri or Sat (the only 2 nights that would work for us). I won't give up, though! On a funnier note, I DID get excited that I got a 4:00pm ADR for Storybook...thinking it was for 9-11-2020, only to realize after I confirmed/reserved everything...it was actually for TODAY (3-11-2020). In a panic, I tried to cancel, but given it's within the 24 hour window *crying* - I had to call. I got it cancelled and hopefully I'm not charged tonight for a dinner while I sit 3,000 miles away!! Whew - it's been a morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter