***Official September 2020 Thread***

I was wondering how they would handle tickets to MNSCHP. We have tickets for Sept 22. I would hate to not get that money back if we have to change our dates. I would love it if they allowed us to use the money to get tickets for next year but I know that won't happen.

Anyone else considering changes in HOW you plan your day based on what we currently know?

For us this whole park reservation thing is a nightmare as we're the opposite of planners. We like to decide what to do for the day either on the same day or the day before and from what information I've seen so far, it looks like you need to reserve a park before you can even think about booking your ADR, so no park reservation means no ADR either. This means that we'll need to reserve our park for the day before or on the 60 day mark as that's when the ADR's will open :confused3

I still have all of mine (including Cindy) but I know they'll disappear.

We also have tix for Sept 15 Halloween Party! I'm still of the mindset that they are canceling EMH and VAD so I'm fairly certain Halloween is next up on the chopping block.
We have tix for that party too. Last I heard the parties were on but not selling any more tix. There should be a thread.

All my non-park ADRs are gone now. My park ADRs are still there. Interesting system they have.
Same here, both our breakfast and dinner Ohana, and cape may dinner adrs are gone but the droid depot, oga's, and mama melrose are still there

I received the generic email yesterday too. I was happy to see that it stated since we already have valid tickets we would have priority on reservations (dining, etc.) once the new system was in place. I wasn't sure since we technically have military salute tickets, though they were already linked and FP's made from our original April trip. So glad to hear they still "count" as real Disney tickets!

I looked in the MDE app and it still shows all of my adr's except Boma. I guess they will be slowly canceling them. I am glad I'm still old school and write down everything on paper. I had all my original FP's written down too in hopes I could try to get close to them when we were able to pick them again.

Now that I'm looking at new hours (which I realize could be changed by the time Sept. rolls around) I am kind of re-thinking our plans. For example, our 1st day we were going to have breakfast at Boma at 8:30 then spend most of the day in AK which would have been open till 8. MK was going to be closed early for MNSSHP but Epcot and HS would still have been open so we could hop. Now I'm thinking since AK is open 8-6 (and we're not sure if park hopping will be allowed) we should do early breakfast at the resort or grab something small at AK, still eat lunch at Satuli Canteen as planned, and either do dinner at Boma or even another resort and save the Boma breakfast for a morning when we're going to HS or Epcot, since they're not showing opening till 10 or 11. So many things to consider! DH is laughing at me since he says he knows I love to plan- yea, and HE gets all the benefits of having a chill vacation because of all my planning!

Anyone else considering changes in HOW you plan your day based on what we currently know?

Without a doubt, yes! I had my meals, park days and hopping planned. fast pass choices were in my head, just not on paper yet. I don’t even know where to start with new plans based on park hours. I am definitely taking the wait and see attitude though. I don't have much hope of going at this point, but I will start re-planning based on what I hear once the parks re-open.

For us this whole park reservation thing is a nightmare as we're the opposite of planners. We like to decide what to do for the day either on the same day or the day before and from what information I've seen so far, it looks like you need to reserve a park before you can even think about booking your ADR, so no park reservation means no ADR either. This means that we'll need to reserve our park for the day before or on the 60 day mark as that's when the ADR's will open :confused3

Well before you pretty much had to plan ahead anyway, since you could pick dining 180 days out (and pretty much had to if you wanted good places and times) and FP's 60 or 30 days out, which dictated which parks you would generally be at on any given day during your vacation. My DH personally doesn't like having to do so much detailed planning either, and in the almost 20 years we've been going as a family the level you have to plan at has steadily increased. He always says he feels bad for the average person or family that shows up thinking they can just have a great day and realizes that dining, rides, etc. have been planned by other guests way ahead of time- and now they're having to wait so much longer or miss out because they didn't know they had to plan.
What I have enjoyed on our last few trips, as the kids have been older or the one last year with just DH and I, is that we can kind of plan less and just go with the flow. If we don't get a certain adr, we just go with something else. If we don't get the exact FP's we want we either wait in line or do something else. I can certainly understand guests who don't go as often being completely frustrated at having to plan every detail to ensure that their vacation goes smoothly and they get to do everything they want though.

Without a doubt, yes! I had my meals, park days and hopping planned. fast pass choices were in my head, just not on paper yet. I don’t even know where to start with new plans based on park hours. I am definitely taking the wait and see attitude though. I don't have much hope of going at this point, but I will start re-planning based on what I hear once the parks re-open.
Believe me, I understand! For the April trip we originally planned I had perfect times and places for adr's, exactly perfect times for fp's and they were all the headliners at each park, including time to do DHS to get in early for RotR two mornings along with FP's for Smuggler's Run and Mickey & Minnie's RR! When we re-booked for Sept. I was able to get almost the same places at almost the exact same times- give or take 10 minutes- for adr's so I was super excited! I hope it all pans out well and you're able to go!

For us experiencing the Star Wars stuff is pretty important so I'm interested to see when DHS opens how they will handle it. When they were opening the park at 8 am people were getting there at 5-6 am to "get in line" to get in the virtual line. With DHS opening at 10 am, will we have to get there by 8 am now, or will people still be lining up at 6 am? If they make all rides like that and eliminate FP I personally think that will be unfair. There won't be as much of an advantage to staying on property if you can't pick FP's at 60 days and dining at 180 days. SO if guests don't get to the parks first thing will they not be able to ride certain attractions at all?

My Tusker house & 1900 Park Fair breakfast ADR's are gone. My Story time, 1900 Park Fair and Cape May dinner ADR's are gone. The only ADR that is hanging on is our 50's Prime Time Cafe and I expect that to go away too. I will wait and see what happens next with the reservation plan before I think about canceling.

I had reservations at Tusker House, Chef Mickeys, Biergarten, and BOG and they're all gone except for the BOG. The reservations is still showing the FD Recovery reservation. This is aggravating, but it must be an absolute mess for the CM's trying to deal with all this too.

Wonder how long it will take for them to apply the 35%. We are paid in full so we will get a refund. IF we go we will use that and other refunds we have coming from the dessert parties to pay for our meals now.

Well before you pretty much had to plan ahead anyway, since you could pick dining 180 days out (and pretty much had to if you wanted good places and times) and FP's 60 or 30 days out, which dictated which parks you would generally be at on any given day during your vacation. My DH personally doesn't like having to do so much detailed planning either, and in the almost 20 years we've been going as a family the level you have to plan at has steadily increased. He always says he feels bad for the average person or family that shows up thinking they can just have a great day and realizes that dining, rides, etc. have been planned by other guests way ahead of time- and now they're having to wait so much longer or miss out because they didn't know they had to plan.
What I have enjoyed on our last few trips, as the kids have been older or the one last year with just DH and I, is that we can kind of plan less and just go with the flow. If we don't get a certain adr, we just go with something else. If we don't get the exact FP's we want we either wait in line or do something else. I can certainly understand guests who don't go as often being completely frustrated at having to plan every detail to ensure that their vacation goes smoothly and they get to do everything they want though.

We really don't plan. Last trip we upgraded our QSDP to DDP and we hated being tied down to those reservations. Most days we'd book two meals, like breakfast and dinner, on the same day so we'd have several days without a reservation. But just because we had a reservation in MK didn't mean we spent the day there. I do book fastpasses 60 days out, but that doesn't mean we'll go to the particular park we've got fastpasses for that day. Even though I might not get my favorite rides on FP+ when we decide which park to go to, wether the same day or day before, I've never had any issue getting them while we're in the park. And even if I weren't able to get a particular fastpass, I'm not averse to standing in the standby queue either.

I love how relaxed we are about planning and we never miss out. We never rush to rope drop a park and we stay in the park exactly how long we feel like it and it's very rare that we bother doing EMH. We do what we want, when we want to do it. I think it helps that we go every other year, so we don't feel like we have to rush to do everything in one visit either.

Believe me, I understand! For the April trip we originally planned I had perfect times and places for adr's, exactly perfect times for fp's and they were all the headliners at each park, including time to do DHS to get in early for RotR two mornings along with FP's for Smuggler's Run and Mickey & Minnie's RR! When we re-booked for Sept. I was able to get almost the same places at almost the exact same times- give or take 10 minutes- for adr's so I was super excited! I hope it all pans out well and you're able to go!

For us experiencing the Star Wars stuff is pretty important so I'm interested to see when DHS opens how they will handle it. When they were opening the park at 8 am people were getting there at 5-6 am to "get in line" to get in the virtual line. With DHS opening at 10 am, will we have to get there by 8 am now, or will people still be lining up at 6 am? If they make all rides like that and eliminate FP I personally think that will be unfair. There won't be as much of an advantage to staying on property if you can't pick FP's at 60 days and dining at 180 days. SO if guests don't get to the parks first thing will they not be able to ride certain attractions at all?

As far as RoTR and getting there super early, as long as your whole party is in the park by opening time, you have the same shot of getting a boarding group as everyone else. I haven’t seen Avatar land yet, never mind Star Wars so there is a lot for us to see this time. Last trip was a 20th wedding anniversary in 2016. I hope we all get to go in September!

As far as RoTR and getting there super early, as long as your whole party is in the park by opening time, you have the same shot of getting a boarding group as everyone else. I haven’t seen Avatar land yet, never mind Star Wars so there is a lot for us to see this time. Last trip was a 20th wedding anniversary in 2016. I hope we all get to go in September!

Pandora is beautiful! Especially at night. Pictures don't do the floating mountains justice. Just make sure you have your app up and running or a map handy because it can get really confusing to navigate it. There's so much foliage it can be hard to keep your bearings straight. Okay, here's my opinion of the two rides: Flight of Passage was the most incredible ride I've ever been on! (I'm sure RotR will be even more incredible, but I digress) The second time we rode it my son dismounted his beast, looked at me with the biggest grin, and said "that'll never get old." And I haven't been through the queue line yet! I want to see the interior, but I'm not willing to wait 2-1/2 hours to do it. LOL We had a fastpass the first time, so you completely bypass the interior. The second time we did rope drop. We were at the front of the herd and they took us some weird way. We were on and off in 15 minutes. Then there's Na'vi River. Biggest waste of time and space, IMO! I was so disappointed. The best thing I can say about it is you get to sit down and it's air conditioned.

There's my short review of Pandora.

I wouldn’t assume that ROTR will operate the same way come reopening. Maybe it will but I’d take the “it won’t” if we were betting.

Pandora is beautiful! Especially at night. Pictures don't do the floating mountains justice. Just make sure you have your app up and running or a map handy because it can get really confusing to navigate it. There's so much foliage it can be hard to keep your bearings straight. Okay, here's my opinion of the two rides: Flight of Passage was the most incredible ride I've ever been on! (I'm sure RotR will be even more incredible, but I digress) The second time we rode it my son dismounted his beast, looked at me with the biggest grin, and said "that'll never get old." And I haven't been through the queue line yet! I want to see the interior, but I'm not willing to wait 2-1/2 hours to do it. LOL We had a fastpass the first time, so you completely bypass the interior. The second time we did rope drop. We were at the front of the herd and they took us some weird way. We were on and off in 15 minutes. Then there's Na'vi River. Biggest waste of time and space, IMO! I was so disappointed. The best thing I can say about it is you get to sit down and it's air conditioned.

There's my short review of Pandora.

I actually love Na'vi River it's one of my favourites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter