*Official September 2011 Thread!* Who's joining me?!

Heading to Disney in 78 days Sept 24- Oct1 can't wait! We will be staying at POFQ for the first time.

We fell in love with POFQ. You're going to be there the same time as us. If you see a Disboards card hanging on the back of a backpack it might be me - so come on over and say hi :goodvibes

We arrive on September 23rd :cool1:

We are going on our first WDW trip September 7th through September 14th. So excited!!!! We are staying at the All Stars Music resort.:yay:

We're officially under the two month mark, Woo hoo! I am seriously considering adding another day... ;)

I will be at All-Star Movies from September 11th-16th. It's my first Disney World Trip, and my third solo Disney trip. (Two visits to Disneyland.)

I can't wait!

Looks like we'll be joining the party!

We hadn't planned on heading back to WDW until December 2012. But my boss just informed me on Friday that they'd like to send me to Orlando to present at a conference September 19-23!

Since my travel and food costs for the week; and hotel cost for all of us is covered, we couldn't pass it up. We're extending through the weekend on our own dime. So we'll be at the Royal Plaza Hotel in Downtown Disney from September 19 - 26. We're also planning on attending MNSSHP on Friday, Sept. 23.

Update:
We tweaked our trip a bit.
We'll be staying an extra night, and moving ourselves on site. We'll be at All-Star Music from September 19-27.

Trying to make a decision. Gonna be at CR from Sept. 10-17. Have the chance to go to the Halloween party, party is myself, Wife, and 3 year old daughter. Which is better to spend the money on, water park or Halloween party? I am leaning toward Typhoon Lagoon right now, as the late night party might not work for a 3 year old. Any thoughts?

Newbie to the forums and thought this was a good place to start. We are going to be going Sept 22-29th and will be staying at Pop Century. I will be celebrating my birthday at WDW on Sept 27th!

We are going to the MNSSHP on September 23. It is the first one for us :woohoo:

We will be at MNSSHP that night too. Are ya'll dressing up? I am still debating if the girls will be dressing in their costumes or if they will just wear their holiday outfits that I already have for them.

We will be at MNSSHP that night too. Are ya'll dressing up? I am still debating if the girls will be dressing in their costumes or if they will just wear their holiday outfits that I already have for them.

Just from what I observed last year at our first MNSSHP, the kids that were not dressed in costume often seemed upset that they weren't dressed up when so many other kids (and adults, lol) were. I also noticed that there was a lot of character interaction with the kids in costume. While my DD11 was getting autographs from the Tremaines, The Step Sisters were calling out to my DS as he stood observing his little sis to ask if he was Prince Charming! The Step mother even walked up to him and gave him a once over...saying 'MAYBE'. lol :laughing:

I was so happy I had surprised DD with a trip to BBB to get all costumed up before the party, I know it made her night to walk around feeling special. If we had not done that, I know she would have been one of those other kids wishing she was dressed up. She (and me too) can't wait until this year! :banana:

Just from what I observed last year at our first MNSSHP, the kids that were not dressed in costume often seemed upset that they weren't dressed up when so many other kids (and adults, lol) were. I also noticed that there was a lot of character interaction with the kids in costume. While my DD11 was getting autographs from the Tremaines, The Step Sisters were calling out to my DS as he stood observing his little sis to ask if he was Prince Charming! The Step mother even walked up to him and gave him a once over...saying 'MAYBE'. lol :laughing:

I was so happy I had surprised DD with a trip to BBB to get all costumed up before the party, I know it made her night to walk around feeling special. If we had not done that, I know she would have been one of those other kids wishing she was dressed up. She (and me too) can't wait until this year! :banana:

My only concern is the heat. We are from Louisiana and are used to it, but . . .

Oh, I am from LA also! What are your dates going? FWIW...I have been at the end of Sept a couple of times and the heat has not been bad either trip.

Sept 21st thru Sept 27th. This will be a first for us, we have never seen the halloween decorations.
I hope the heat isn't bad. I had wanted to do Christmas, but DH doesn't want the crowds and we can't take DD out of school during Nov or Dec.

My only concern is the heat. We are from Louisiana and are used to it, but . . .

We were there last year during the times you are going this year (almost exact dates, lol), and it wasn't bad to us, but we are from GA and used to warm Septembers like you are. There was never really any overly hot days except the first day we were there, the rest was very pleasant, and the MNSSHP is in the evening/night, which cools off pretty good. Just plan your costumes accordingly. DD was Jasmine, so that was a perfect warm night costume. This year she's thinking Tink, or the Chesire Cat, which will both work for the warm weather.

Just keep in mind that it will be warm and get your costumes to work with that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter