*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

You can't change your name on the Disboards and I didn't like mine being my full name so I started a new account. Do you mind updating the user name on the post for me?

This is me...
Oct. 13 - Oct. 24 - <removed> - POP
Updated! :wizard:

Oct. 13 - Oct. 24 - ItsMEH - POP

So we're coming up on the time to schedule our ADRs and I'm just not sure where I want to eat that's worth it anymore. I'm thinking Sanna as we'll be right there in Jambo, but also Trail's end and maybe over at WL, out on the lake (why can I never recall what this one is called?)

What other dining locations at resorts are surprising hits and you don't walk away wishing you had just saved the money?
Kona is on the list of locations I've never dined at and may try.

I’m sure this has been asked but what are good places to take a two year old to eat. Also just found out we will be four months pregnant on our trip

I’m sure this has been asked but what are good places to take a two year old to eat. Also just found out we will be four months pregnant on our trip
Maybe crystal palace? Hopefully characters are back by then. Congrats :)

Just got a notice that park pass reservations have been re-opened for the 50th anniversary and the weekend in case you've been waiting to get one!

So we're coming up on the time to schedule our ADRs and I'm just not sure where I want to eat that's worth it anymore. I'm thinking Sanna as we'll be right there in Jambo, but also Trail's end and maybe over at WL, out on the lake (why can I never recall what this one is called?)

What other dining locations at resorts are surprising hits and you don't walk away wishing you had just saved the money?

From my May/June trip this year:

Kona was great, I enjoyed it as much as previous pre-covid visits despite the more limited menu.

GF Cafe brunch on my arrival day was excellent, one of the best meals on that trip

Beaches & Cream was trash. No idea why people go nuts over that place except the prices. YC food in general was a big disappointment compared to GF.

July I just had 2 TS both at CSR since it was a weekend trip and one of those was mobile order to go. But Three Bridges was fantastic and I would put it on par with the casual TS places at the Deluxes (that was my mobile to go, they’re open super late). I also ate at Rix’s Bar & Grill when hanging at the resort on departure day and really enjoyed it.

I've had a couple really good experiences at Kona. And one really fantastic server there. Not sure what The Wave refurbishment schedule is but I've also had multiple good experiences there sitting at the bar.

I’ve finally allowed myself to get excited about this trip! I confirmed today I’m good to take the 2 weeks off. My boss is always super accommodating of our team’s requests but that’s still the most time I’ve ever asked for in one go and a member of our team left recently so we’re short trainers. I may have played the gf card lol but my boss genuinely felt sorry for me. Canada finally reopening the border is a huge relief. It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other. This is going to be the most special trip I’ve ever been on anywhere.

I’ve finally allowed myself to get excited about this trip! I confirmed today I’m good to take the 2 weeks off. My boss is always super accommodating of our team’s requests but that’s still the most time I’ve ever asked for in one go and a member of our team left recently so we’re short trainers. I may have played the gf card lol but my boss genuinely felt sorry for me. Canada finally reopening the border is a huge relief. It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other. This is going to be the most special trip I’ve ever been on anywhere.

That's awesome!!!

Myself...I'm....just blindly moving forward and at this point I'll believe it when I check in at Gran Destino. 😂

I was excited, but I'm worrying a bit again. With the Covid stuff, I'm a bit concerned if I'll have to quarantine when I get home, even if vaccinated. But I don't think so. I saved up days anyways.

And then my problem child (our cat 😍) had to have 4 teeth removed last week which cost close to $2000! Yeeesh, let's hold off on those paid fast passes, okay?

But, I'm ready to make reservations, I've resigned myself to the fact there is a possibility indoor masking may be back, I've calmed myself about the crowds, we know we have to be patient, now I know I will most likely have my period for most of the trip (again, second Disney trip in a row >:( ) and I am practicing tuning out my siblings who I know will annoy me at some points during the trip.

Oh, and did I say I decided this was the trip I was going to attempt to fly without Xanax? Yeah. :oops:

That's awesome!!!

Myself...I'm....just blindly moving forward and at this point I'll believe it when I check in at Gran Destino. 😂

I was excited, but I'm worrying a bit again. With the Covid stuff, I'm a bit concerned if I'll have to quarantine when I get home, even if vaccinated. But I don't think so. I saved up days anyways.

And then my problem child (our cat 😍) had to have 4 teeth removed last week which cost close to $2000! Yeeesh, let's hold off on those paid fast passes, okay?

But, I'm ready to make reservations, I've resigned myself to the fact there is a possibility indoor masking may be back, I've calmed myself about the crowds, we know we have to be patient, now I know I will most likely have my period for most of the trip (again, second Disney trip in a row >:( ) and I am practicing tuning out my siblings who I know will annoy me at some points during the trip.

Oh, and did I say I decided this was the trip I was going to attempt to fly without Xanax? Yeah. :oops:

Sounds like a lot of things drinks at Dahlia will solve! You will love the tower so much. And the Dig Site pool is really fun. CSR is such a beautiful resort. I’m really glad certain folks on the boards enabled me for that trip lol!

Hmmm, if Toledo is open by the time we go...I'm thinking of dropping Boathouse for Toledo.

First, everyone but me has been to Boathouse and we have a Gibson's here so I don't really care. Second Toledo is gorgeous and the menu looks good, third....it's in our hotel! :D

thoughts?

Theme parks hours have been released through October 9th.

Magic Kingdom is currently scheduled to open at 9:00 AM daily. It will close at 9:00 PM on October 1. 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 9. It will close at 8:30 PM on October 5 and 8 for the Boo Bash.

EPCOT is currently scheduled to be open 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily.

Hollywood Studios is scheduled to be open 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM most days. It will close at 8:00 PM on October 6.

Animal Kingdom is scheduled to be open 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM daily.

Blizzard Beach is scheduled to be open 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily.

Theme parks hours have been released through October 9th.

Magic Kingdom is currently scheduled to open at 9:00 AM daily. It will close at 9:00 PM on October 1. 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 9. It will close at 8:30 PM on October 5 and 8 for the Boo Bash.

EPCOT is currently scheduled to be open 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily.

Hollywood Studios is scheduled to be open 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM most days. It will close at 8:00 PM on October 6.

Animal Kingdom is scheduled to be open 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM daily.

Blizzard Beach is scheduled to be open 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily.
Well those hours are just a bit too generic and just aren't going to stay put. I can't envision them closing the MK before midnight on the first.

Well those hours are just a bit too generic and just aren't going to stay put. I can't envision them closing the MK before midnight on the first.
I’m really hoping you’re right and I have said the same thing about them extending hours. My fear is they just don’t have the staff to keep open for 16 hours or longer at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter