Official MLB 2024 Season Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

I've never been to Candlestick, but the current park is a great setting -- although it can get REALLY cold there. IMHO, it's one of the nicest settings I've seen, although PNC in Pittsburgh is my all time fave.
I’ve been to their “new” stadium. One summer night I thought that shorts would be fine. The last time I was there it was for a concert. It

I’ve been to Candlestick for preseason football and baseball. It’s a miserably windy place. The Giants gave away the Croix de Candlestick to anyone who stayed until the conclusion of an extra inning night game.

Croix_de_Candlestick.JPG

My dad got tickets for a day baseball game there. Right behind home plate about 20 rows back. It was a sunny day and I wore shorts. But we left as soon as the shade started, because direct sun was the only thing that kept us warm enough with the swirling winds. I did get some suite tickets from my company. They leased the suite for the entire year, mostly for entertaining customers at football games. The baseball season was mostly distributed to employees. It was OK with the windows closed, but still miserable from the parking lot until we got inside and closed the door.

Nats' Juan Soto has tested positive for CV-19 and will not play in tonight's game.
So he’s been training with his team and has exposed them all yet they are allowing the rest of the team to play and possibly further expose other teams. When will they figure out that all of this is a bad idea?

So he’s been training with his team and has exposed them all yet they are allowing the rest of the team to play and possibly further expose other teams. When will they figure out that all of this is a bad idea?
That's exactly what I was thinking!

They just played the O’s on Monday and Tuesday once at OPACY and once at Nats Park. 2 of the O’s players had it and were out the last few weeks and just came back. Hope it doesn’t spread too much around MLB.

The Rays had one of last years All Stars test positive. It was reported on the 16th, but he was absent from the team a few days before that. He won't be available for opening day, but he says he's feeling fine & ready to go.

I wish the players & managers would take this more seriously, so they can continue to play. We watched the Marlins/Braves games & the Rays intersquad game. Some of them were taking it very seriously. Unfortunately, it appeared most weren't.

Last edited:
Well - I was watching to Angels at A's, then stopped watching figuring I could go back to my DVR recording the game. Went 10 innings with a walk off grand slam, and my recording ends right after about 4 hours when the bases are loaded. At least MLB has video highlights.

Well - I was watching to Angels at A's, then stopped watching figuring I could go back to my DVR recording the game. Went 10 innings with a walk off grand slam, and my recording ends right after about 4 hours when the bases are loaded. At least MLB has video highlights.
Rookie mistake. :p I always extend my recording by an hour, then record the next show, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter