***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

2/26-3/7 and praying for warm weather!!! Staying at AKL for the first time with husband and our 4 yo son.

So glad I’m not the one who doesn’t do a lot of ADRs! I figure we can always find something yummy to eat, plus we plan to get some groceries to keep in our studio. I love Marrakech which isn’t super popular, and I want to try eating at least a snack at the lounge at the Brown Derby. And we will get breakfast at EMM.

Add me to the roll call too! I hope I’m doing this right. Trip planned for 3/9-3/16 staying at SSR (thanks to DVC family member), cannot wait. Going with two other family members, but I’m the one planning. Got all FPs and ADRs that we wanted, had to rearrange some things to make SDD and FOP work but we got them. Seriously hoping that lots of planning will balance out all of the crowds!

So glad I’m not the one who doesn’t do a lot of ADRs! I figure we can always find something yummy to eat, plus we plan to get some groceries to keep in our studio. I love Marrakech which isn’t super popular, and I want to try eating at least a snack at the lounge at the Brown Derby. And we will get breakfast at EMM.

Always wondered...are kids welcome in lounges in the parks and at the resorts? I assume so since it is Disney World but I’d never show up to a “lounge” at home with my kids in tow.

FP's done this morning but took almost 3 hours :sad2:
Thankfully work knew I was going to be late.
First they said my DD didn't have a ticket linked so I'm frantically checking the MDE app and computer :badpc:
After logging on and off several times it SLOWLY began to work. Thankfully I was able to get our FP's and the times we wanted:worship:
I was surprised to find an early morning SDD on our 7th day. Got 4 days of FOP because it's DD's favorite ride. Plus we have EMM at MK and HS, Illuminations Dessert Party and DD's Aqua tour.
All of our rides are schedule in the AM so we can have the afternoons for the pool and F & G. Can't wait till they release the menus.

We are surprising out kiddos with the trip - will let them know when we pick them up from school on travel day. Any great ideas for breaking the news on the road? The waiting part between now and then is the hardest! And I can't pack ahead without ruining the surprise...

we are surprising our kids too! My daughter turns 13 on the 8th-we are waking them up early early on the 9th to catch flights from the west coast at 5:30 am. Not sure how we’ll break the news. Two days at Hard Rock at Universal-my son is 9 and a Harry Potter fanatic and we’ve never been. Then five days at the Boardwalk Villas on our DVC points March 11-16. Have EMM at HS booked-haven’t been to WDW since 2010.

I'm surprising my son AND husband with this one! I got a bonus at work this summer so I'm using that to pay for it, plus Swagbucks rewards I've saved up. I can't decide how to surprise them either! Our flight isn't until later in the afternoon so I may have us all go out to breakfast and "forget" something in the house when we are leaving so I can run back in and put our suitcases in the living room with some Disney items in them. Any other suggestions would be appreciated though! 45 days!

Super happy! I was able to move my FOP FP to 12:35 from 6:35. Makes my day there run so much more smoothly. Refreshing pays off!

Nice! I'm hoping to snag just one FOP fastpass for my husband on our Animal Kingdom day. I had one but then had to change days to accommodate early morning magic at hollywood studios. Hoping one pops up eventually!

We'll be there for our make-up honeymoon (rescheduled from June of 2018 when I broke my ankle six days before we were set to leave!) from 3/15-3/23 staying at Coronado Springs. First time either of us have stayed there, but it seems like renovations have (mostly) wrapped up and we'll be good! Got our FP for FoP on three different days, for SDD, 7DMT, PPF and twice on space mountain for my wife. My Christmas present was aquatours at epcot and I'm so excited I can barely stand it. We're doing the deluxe dining plan cause of the Honeymoon part and we're really looking forward to CRT and Be Our Guest. It'll also be our first DAH event - we got the one for MK and AK AND our first ever fireworks party. I'm terrified I'll break the other ankle right before we leave again....buuttttt we're just putting positive energy out there because it's going to be an AMAZING trip! Also, I've never been for the Flower and Garden festival, so that's exciting too!

Just have a few ADRs. None at Epcot cause hoping to do booths at Flower and Garden. Thoughts about that plan?
You think a lot like me. My Epcot plan is lunch at Marrakesh, and then graze at booths as needed until they kick us out at 11! I’m also making an effort to include Skipper, and excited about Jiko.

Oh, and I should officially join the party on this thread.

Ahem.

We're going for a FIRST TRIP (for all except my wife, who went when she was a kid), March 23-28, staying at WL.

And right about now I am going OUT OF MY GOURD finding things to plan before FP day--I don't know what I'll do during the 60 days after!

And right about now I am going OUT OF MY GOURD finding things to plan before FP day--I don't know what I'll do during the 60 days after!

The post FP let down is real. You get up early, get yourself psyched for a possible fight with MDE, book everything, and then it's just, "Now what? Nothing? Really, nothing for two months? Seriously?!?!?"

I don't think I have posted here yet. End of December, I got a wild hair and decided we needed to celebrate my youngest son's birthday in Disney so I made a reservation for 3/1-3/3. We celebrated my older son's 7th at Disney in October, so it is only fair! Unfortunately there wasn't much left but I managed to get us a ressie at Pop Century. We have some ADRs and I'm contemplating 1 day tickets for us all but will probably pass and make it a resort only trip.

Back story: we have APs that we are activating in June and we have about 8 trips in the works for 2019 alone so a resort only trip isn't a bad thing. We also live in GA about 7 hours away by car.

Glad to be joining in!

Glad to see another GA person and WDW fan !!

We were suppose to get my son's first hair cut at Harmony Barber Shop in Sept 2017 but it didn't happen. While my wife and son were out shopping yesterday someone was commenting on our "daughters hair" not knowing it was a little boy. My son just turned 3 and his hair is pretty long now and we are going back just to have his first hair cut at WDW the end of March. My son proceeded to tell the lady that daddy was taking him to Disney World to have his hair cut !! How cute!

We were eating dinner last night and he said something about getting his hair cut. I said daddy is taking you soon son, he came back with Mickeys not so scary Halloween party? He loves to watch the Halloween parade on YouTube. I tried to explain that Halloween was over and that we will see a parade but it was not going to be the Halloween parade. He sunk his head down in disappointment. My wife said my Lord that kid and the Halloween parade. She said it looks like another Disney trip in the fall so we can take him to see that parade. SCORE one for the son!!

Glad to see another GA person and WDW fan !!

We were suppose to get my son's first hair cut at Harmony Barber Shop in Sept 2017 but it didn't happen. While my wife and son were out shopping yesterday someone was commenting on our "daughters hair" not knowing it was a little boy. My son just turned 3 and his hair is pretty long now and we are going back just to have his first hair cut at WDW the end of March. My son proceeded to tell the lady that daddy was taking him to Disney World to have his hair cut !! How cute!

We were eating dinner last night and he said something about getting his hair cut. I said daddy is taking you soon son, he came back with Mickeys not so scary Halloween party? He loves to watch the Halloween parade on YouTube. I tried to explain that Halloween was over and that we will see a parade but it was not going to be the Halloween parade. He sunk his head down in disappointment. My wife said my Lord that kid and the Halloween parade. She said it looks like another Disney trip in the fall so we can take him to see that parade. SCORE one for the son!!
I got my oldest's done at Harmony but not my youngest's. So this time, you see, I had to make it fair!

I had to make it fair!

I'm with ya! Anything Disney to make it fair!!
You guys must be around the Atlanta area. It takes me a little over 8 hrs and I live outside of Rome. We are taking the wife's new Maserati instead of the Hummer so we should make better time on this trip.

I'm with ya! Anything Disney to make it fair!!
You guys must be around the Atlanta area. It takes me a little over 8 hrs and I live outside of Rome. We are taking the wife's new Maserati instead of the Hummer so we should make better time on this trip.
Metro Atlanta, Gwinnett to be exact. And I have a lead foot. HAHA.

Cave Spring here!
I can lead foot too but it's real hard in an H2 Hummer, she is a non aerodynamic brick but super fun to drive. That's why we are taking the car this time! I just need to head out early so I can get south of ATL by rush hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter