*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

30 days! This is both exciting and intimidating. I'm so excited to go and ride Tron and Guardians for the first time and see the new Moana area. Also to get to spend a week with my daughter. At the same time though I'm already dreading the Disney blues I know I will have afterwards. Plus my trip anxiety is starting to set in. Ugh. Gotta do my DAS application tomorrow. Hoping it goes well. Got my suitcase out today lol
What are your countdowns at?!!!

30 days! This is both exciting and intimidating. I'm so excited to go and ride Tron and Guardians for the first time and see the new Moana area. Also to get to spend a week with my daughter. At the same time though I'm already dreading the Disney blues I know I will have afterwards. Plus my trip anxiety is starting to set in. Ugh. Gotta do my DAS application tomorrow. Hoping it goes well. Got my suitcase out today lol
What are your countdowns at?!!!
I found the DAS application process fairly simple. I believe I had a 12-15 minute wait to start the chat, but after that it was super simple. The CM I spoke with was very friendly.

8 days so starting to be able to see extended forecast. Showing a bit of snow here the day before and day we leave so now I'm nervous. 1-3 inches so maybe not a problem getting to the airport but if the plane has to de-ice we don't have a lot of room for delays. It has time to change...

8 days so starting to be able to see extended forecast. Showing a bit of snow here the day before and day we leave so now I'm nervous. 1-3 inches so maybe not a problem getting to the airport but if the plane has to de-ice we don't have a lot of room for delays. It has time to change...
I’m at 7 days and it looks like the snow is coming that afternoon. I leave at 5am.

Fingers crossed the weather does not impact your trip!

11 days for us! Getting so excited! Still waiting on menus for Festival of Arts. This has to be the latest they’ve ever released the menus. I wonder what the hold up is.

I really miss FP… I used to be able to plan so much better. I’ve been checking my tip board on MDE to try and get a sense of what will be available for LL in the morning and how fast they sell out but with FP I could really plan which rides at which times. For Epcot especially, we have park hoppers and plan to hit Epcot twice. I used to be able to split Epcot in half and make FP for the front of the park one day and world showcase the next. Now it’s just whatever is available the morning/day of. I feel like we will just be walking back and forth all day.

Taking my parents back for the first time since I was a kid so I just want my planning to be on point.

Crossing fingers for you! I've got travel anxiety from our Christmas trip last year that got cancelled twice. We just got snow Dec 30th finally here. We're in Canada so this is not normal. I told everyone I know when we will have a storm - Jan 20th! (the day we leave to drive to USA to fly out!).

Starting to run other scenarios through my head in case of snow, looking at SW's availability Monday/Tuesday and thinking about managing our pets if the pet sitter can't make it out right away.

I've seen a lot of storm predictions fizzle into nothing. But doesn't hurt to have some ideas I guess.

DD22 and her fiancé shouldn't have trouble flying out of STL so they can go ahead and enjoy Epcot if we're late. I have a Mears bus reservation for all 6 of us- I assume we don't all have to be on the same bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter