*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

I just read rather Rockin Rollercoaster will be closing Jan 8th. The day I arrive, I’m so bummed. And now I will adjust plans to get to AK for Expedition Everest.
I saw that too! So bummed. It was down in April when we were there last, so we were really looking forward to it this time.

Christmas is over so now the focus on our trip can begin!!! Down to 35 days and it is getting real!!!! 5 days till I can apply for DAS then everything is pretty much done except for the packing. The trip anxiety is starting to set in!!!!!

25 days for me. I'm going to attempt DAS registration tomorrow. But first I need to figure out which parks we'll be in each day and I'm really struggling with that!

Okay...can someone help me out here....which rides do I need to get up early and get in a virtual queue for?? I've only ever done this once before, at Disneyland, when MMRR first opened.

Are there some you have to get a VQ and an individual LL. Or does the VQ replace the lightning lane??

You better get on that. It will be here before you know it lol
I'm trying! Juggling budget and figuring out what I actually need vs may not use but was recommended to take. What I'm going to put in my checked bag vs order from Amazon Fresh when I get there... yikes! It'll be ok.

I have a whole spread sheet with parks for each day, ADR's other meals, apprx costs but I know that it will all change as soon as I get there and depending on my mood etc... I love planning but it is too hard to do so far out not knowing where I'll be or how I'll feel. Maybe I don't want breakfast that day but it was the only Homecomin brunch ADR I could grab.... etc...

I should add for the main post:

1/12-1/21 BRV/SSR/Riv

Last edited:
We plan to do a Walmart delivery order a couple days before so we can order water and some snacks.

And I'm on the DAS chat now.
Then...I think everything is pretty much "done" except figuring out clothes and what to pack!

I'm trying! Juggling budget and figuring out what I actually need vs may not use but was recommended to take. What I'm going to put in my checked bag vs order from Amazon Fresh when I get there... yikes! It'll be ok.

I have a whole spread sheet with parks for each day, ADR's other meals, apprx costs but I know that it will all change as soon as I get there and depending on my mood etc... I love planning but it is too hard to do so far out not knowing where I'll be or how I'll feel. Maybe I don't want breakfast that day but it was the only Homecomin brunch ADR I could grab.... etc...

I should add for the main post:

1/12-1/21 BRV/SSR/Riv
You are gonna do great and you will have a wonderful time!

Okay...can someone help me out here....which rides do I need to get up early and get in a virtual queue for?? I've only ever done this once before, at Disneyland, when MMRR first opened.

Are there some you have to get a VQ and an individual LL. Or does the VQ replace the lightning lane??
The VQ is only available for Tron & Guardians of the Galaxy.

ILL is available for: 7 Dwarfs & TRON - MK
Guardians - EPCOT
Rise of the Resistance - DHS
Flight of Passage - AK

7AM for all of them, may the odds be ever in your favor!

The VQ is only available for Tron & Guardians of the Galaxy.

ILL is available for: 7 Dwarfs & TRON - MK
Guardians - EPCOT
Rise of the Resistance - DHS
Flight of Passage - AK

7AM for all of them, may the odds be ever in your favor!

So if we book an ILL, we don't get into a virtual queue at all, correct?
At 7am, do you pick your return time or are they distributed in order like a genie+ return?

So if we book an ILL, we don't get into a virtual queue at all, correct?
At 7am, do you pick your return time or are they distributed in order like a genie+ return?
You can pick your time for the ILL, but not for the virtual que. You can pay for the ILL and also get a virtual que. I'd try for the virtual que first as that will go quickly, then pay for the ILL. Also, not sure if you are on or off site, but onsite can purchase ILL at 7 am. Off site has to wait til park open to purchase ILL.

25 days til we're there! I've only booked 4 dining reservations. We have a 2 bedroom at OKW then AKL so we will get a grocery order and do mostly counter service, eat breakfast and a couple of meals in room and lounges (when we're not with the kids!)

I didn't want to have to be tied down too much, plus our 3 grandsons have a ton of energy. I think it will be more enjoyable for everyone to take a break and hopefully have some pool time rather than waiting on an adr, breaking up sibling fights at the table, and getting frustrated when no one's hungry after 2 bites and getting the bill! Ha Ha. They will be more interested in the ice cream and snacks they can get in the parks!

Oh yes, I need to remember our Walmart order. The kids are all home this week so it would be a good time to talk about what they want for breakfast/snacks in their room.

And I need to go over with DD22 how to do VQ and ILL for our first day as she won't be on a plane yet at 7 am.

12 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter