****Official January 2021 thread****

@GRBforWDW When you went to Topolino's what was the dress code for breakfast? I've been trying to get this ADR or Chef Mickey for this week and just grabbed a Topolino's for a perfect time! Then I saw the dress code note on the website and not sure what we have packed is suitable.

@GRBforWDW When you went to Topolino's what was the dress code for breakfast? I've been trying to get this ADR or Chef Mickey for this week and just grabbed a Topolino's for a perfect time! Then I saw the dress code note on the website and not sure what we have packed is suitable.
I have been there twice for breakfast and wore as well as saw others in regular park attire. I believe dress code mentioned may be for dinner.

Nice day at the MK today. I don't really know how to gauge the crowd. It definitely wasn't like a major holiday and I would say more like how September-November used to be. Wait times were half of the posted time. We were there rope drop-park close.

Lots of good content for IG.

Mask compliance was OK. Saw some questionable practices by a few guests but the CM's were quick to correct.

Lunch at BoG
Dinner at Skipper Canteen. We were serenaded the entire dinner by a 1yo in the next table who cried/screamed the entire time. Mom must have been someone very important because she was on the phone the whole time.

Back at AKL-Jambo, showered and relaxing by 8:30pm.

I have been there twice for breakfast and wore as well as saw others in regular park attire. I believe dress code mentioned may be for dinner.
Yes, we certainly did not dress up! I didn't see the dress code message on the website. That would have been sad... Sorry folks, you're not wearing the right clothes, get out, now! 😭

And they took it away!
What's up with that Disney?
I just got another Touring Plans alert - had gotten one last night and I verified in Disney's site and it was extended. Now it's not :(
I'm still seeing the extended hours for Saturday - 9pm and Monday - 8pm within the MDX app.
Resort information says we are back to MK closing at 9pm.PhotoGrid_Plus_1610798522798.jpg

Starting to finally let myself get excited about our upcoming trip January 26-31 to celebrate DD's 21st birthday! Going with DD20 and DD17 who have never been and doing one park per day. It's a quick trip (they are both missing school) but we'll take what we can get! DD20 really wanted to celebrate turning 21 in Epcot -- she's not a big drinker but wanted to try a few fun drinks, spaced throughout the day. She was hoping to be doing DCP this semester (was chosen for last Fall), but this will be the next best thing. We are DL veterans and it is overwhelming to plan a Disneyworld trip! Kind of glad we're starting small. It will be strange not having MaxPass but we'll enjoy being less driven by that schedule. Anyone else being stealthy about their trip? We haven't told many people we're going and won't post on social while we're there -- coming from California with our Covid numbers I know people will think we are being reckless and irresponsible (I've definitely had those thoughts myself). We are taking every precaution and understand the risks. Any suggestions for cocktails to try in Epcot?

Yes, we certainly did not dress up! I didn't see the dress code message on the website. That would have been sad... Sorry folks, you're not wearing the right clothes, get out, now! 😭
That world be sad!
I'd never known a character meal to gave one, but also haven't seen Riviera. Lol Thanks for clarifying! We have an early ADR this morning !
Resort information says we are back to MK closing at 9pm.View attachment 550470
I'm so glad they switched back, WDW must gave been in error during their updates. Touring Plans sent out an email a few hours later again (this was my first time signing up, I'm thinking its automated?)

1/16 MGM, It will ALWAYS be MGM in our family

6:30am alarm. Secured RoR boarding group #48 with no issues. Skipped the Mara grab and go because I had placed a mobile order at Ronto Roasters.

Arrived at the park before official opening time and walked onto M&M Runaway Railway. Ate BK and lost my retainer for the 1st time. A CM found it on the table and returned it to me. I made a mental note to keep better tabs on it. (Narrator, She Didn't! )

Shopped in the marketplace before our boarding group was called. Took a Blue Milk break before riding Slinky & Alien Saucers. Back to SWGE for lunch at Docking Bay 7. The pot roast is one of my favorite meals.

Shopped on our way to ToT. Skipped RnR because I am old and my back was hurting. I thought a pretzel w/cheese would help so we took a break. It was about now I remembered that I left my retainer at lunch. This is when the freak out session started.

Olympic walking event started with a mad dash back to SWGE. I explained to the hostess who wanted to send me to Guest Services. I begged to let me in the restaurant so I could check. She finally relented. I FOUND IT! ON THE FLOOR NEXT TO WHERE I HAD SAT. I was lucky it wasn't smashed. At this time my husband breathed a sigh of relief because I would have been a pleasure for the rest of the trip if I hadn't found it.

Rode Smugglers Run before ending the night at MGM at Olga's.

Bus to AK Kidiani to check for food options but passed and took the shuttle to Jambo. Showered and in bed by 8:30pm.

Tiredness level: HIGH

Starting to finally let myself get excited about our upcoming trip January 26-31 to celebrate DD's 21st birthday! Going with DD20 and DD17 who have never been and doing one park per day. It's a quick trip (they are both missing school) but we'll take what we can get! DD20 really wanted to celebrate turning 21 in Epcot -- she's not a big drinker but wanted to try a few fun drinks, spaced throughout the day. She was hoping to be doing DCP this semester (was chosen for last Fall), but this will be the next best thing. We are DL veterans and it is overwhelming to plan a Disneyworld trip! Kind of glad we're starting small. It will be strange not having MaxPass but we'll enjoy being less driven by that schedule. Anyone else being stealthy about their trip? We haven't told many people we're going and won't post on social while we're there -- coming from California with our Covid numbers I know people will think we are being reckless and irresponsible (I've definitely had those thoughts myself). We are taking every precaution and understand the risks. Any suggestions for cocktails to try in Epcot?

We will be there the exact same dates as you. Happy early birthday to your DD!

We are definitely being quieter about our trip, but not completely stealthy. The high schooler isn’t coming with, so that will certainly help keep it more quiet ha. My coworker is there now with his family, including three kids, and they told school/work a completely different vacation plan.

What types of cocktails do you normally lean towards?

We will be there the exact same dates as you. Happy early birthday to your DD!

We are definitely being quieter about our trip, but not completely stealthy. The high schooler isn’t coming with, so that will certainly help keep it more quiet ha. My coworker is there now with his family, including three kids, and they told school/work a completely different vacation plan.

What types of cocktails do you normally lean towards?
My daughter is a typical young adult and I think she/we lean towards fun and fruity. She doesn't really care for beer but wants to try a few "signature" drinks in a few different lands.

Hope you have a great visit!

Basically anything from France, the Limoncello Margarita from Italy, the Rose flight at the Cusine Classique festival booth. And the Pop Eats booth has glitter beer! I’m almost 40 and will be taking selfies with it on Instagram 😂

Basically anything from France, the Limoncello Margarita from Italy, the Rose flight at the Cusine Classique festival booth. And the Pop Eats booth has glitter beer! I’m almost 40 and will be taking selfies with it on Instagram 😂
I just turned 49 this year and my IG is full of all kinds of silly stuff. Yesterday my husband and I made a series of reels that recreated the Pina Colada song. The whole series was filmed in MGM.

Peeps! I keep hearing FastPass being mentioned by guests. Not asking what it is but where to go to check in. I heard it first at AK then today at EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter