OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok just finished with DVC member services. They are on top of things and were really good.

It seems BOTH restaurants in Italy have not released yet if anyone is wondering.

I got my second choice of Rose and Crown for 12/4 5:30pm with 8:15pm showing.
Will they be released tomorrow morning?

Got what we wanted. Chef De France. She tried to tell me they were not accepting reservations. I told her on line it shows they are part of it. She said when a restaurant sells out it goes away but she would check anyway. She checked and low and behold it had the exact time when wanted and that was for 7 people. Make them check if they say it's not showing up. Our was for Christmas Eve.

Got through after 27 min on the DVC line. My first choice - Chefs de France dinner for 8:15 show on 12/5 wasn't available. Booked La Hacienda instead and will look tomorrow to see if Chefs opens up. Total per person was $90.53 with tax. Typical terms and conditions like valid theme park admission required but a few unique ones:

• Really stressed that narrators were subject to change without notice
  • Monorail may be operating on a modified schedule, so plan travel time accordingly
  • Lobster entrees are not included at any location

Last edited:
i am sorry I did not ask.

If I am not mistaken, the restaurants in Italy are NOT Disney owned. It is possible that NON Disney owned is not releasing yet.

I was able to book Via Napoli but not Tutto like we had wanted, hoping they open more tomorrow!

Called right at 7 and on hold for over an hour on the FEST line. Then disconnected right at the end. So I called the DVC line right at 9 and got right through. Got what I wanted but nothing is showing up in MDE and when I tried to link it, it says that number is already linked ... to me :confused: So I guess I will be patient and see if I get an email or it shows up in MDE later??
Laurie

Called right at 7 and on hold for over an hour on the FEST line. Then disconnected right at the end. So I called the DVC line right at 9 and got right through. Got what I wanted but nothing is showing up in MDE and when I tried to link it, it says that number is already linked ... to me :confused: So I guess I will be patient and see if I get an email or it shows up in MDE later??
Laurie

Use the chat and they'll fix it! We had the same issue and the CM was saying it was a recurring issue today.

Just checked, our reservation is showing in MDE, booked through regular dining number, gave them AP number.

Just to add to the catalog of experiences this morning, here's mine:
Called DVC Member Services right at 9:00. Recorded message said wait time would be over 60 minutes. The line was very static-y, lots of long periods of silence in between on-hold music, etc. Periodically recorded messages would come on with updated wait times. 25 minutes, then 19 minutes, then 16 minutes, then 9, then 5. Altogether I was on hold for 26 minutes, the first time. Rep came on the line and I told her what I wanted and before she asked when we wanted to eat, she asked what show we wanted to see. Hmm, that seemed odd. I told her 8:15 and she looked and looked (and "hmmmm-ed" and grumbled to herself along the way which made me really nervous). Eventually she said she couldn't see anything for our restaurant (Teppan Edo) at all on our date (Christmas Eve). So she put me on hold to see what she could do. On hold for 10 minutes and she came back to tell me she was still looking and hadn't forgotten about me. On hold another 22 minutes and she came back to say there were no 8:15 shows that day for that restaurant but she could do 6:45. I would have taken that from the beginning if she had mentioned that! Oh well. Then she said, "OK so that's a 4:10 dinner for the 6:45 show" and I'm like, but we want a lunch reservation. So then she looked and said she couldn't find anything it was only giving her 4:10. So I took it, but I feel like it's impossible that they couldn't have had a single other time available. Either the system is only showing the reps a very limited number of available reservations, or something's not working right. I may call later in the day to see if I can get different information. It's a pain to cancel and rebook (now that we have to prepay), but I'll do it if I can get something better.
Good luck everyone!!

We were able to get Biergarten at noon for 5 pm show on Nov 30th. My husband loves the Biergarten, so it will be fun. We are on the DxDP so we didn't have to pay anything upfront. We still had to give a CC in case we don't show up.

Yes just a CC guarantee if you have the Dining PLan. Just checked my CC and NO charge. So its seems everything ok.

on a side note: I dont know if the CM actually checked to see if we were on the DP. So there might be a chance for those who are planning to get the DP but dont have it yet.

on a side note: I dont know if the CM actually checked to see if we were on the DP. So there might be a chance for those who are planning to get the DP but dont have it yet.

I know for sure our's did. She said "I see you are on the dining plan." I didn't have to mention it at all.

Yes just a CC guarantee if you have the Dining PLan. Just checked my CC and NO charge. So its seems everything ok.

I'm not on the dining plan but the agent I spoke with (DVC) did ask for my hotel reservation # and when I said I didn't have it handy, she said it was to verify dining plan - which we then didn't need.

Finally got through to member services and while they also did not have anything for my first choice, Via Napoli, they did have my second choice of La Hacienda. 11/29, 5pm ressie, 8:15 Show. So I booked it and cancelled my Spice Rd at 5:30. I was also able to book my June 2020 trip, which I couldn’t do online bc I had transferred points. So I’m a happy lady!

I told DH I’d get up at 6am tomorrow to check for Via Napoli or a later La Hacienda but he said he is good with it like it is. We are leaving at 6pm for our first Disney Independence Day trip so I may be up anyway. Lol

Last edited:
My rep asked me twice if I was on the Dining Plan (we are not). She knew who I was based on the member number and other info I'd entered at the very beginning of the call. She never asked my reservation number, though. So maybe she could see my membership to verify that I am a member, but since she never asked for our specific reservation number she couldn't see whether we had the DP or not? Who knows.
Also, it has been about an hour and I've not received an email (booking online they come almost instantaneously). Checked online and the reservation is there, though, and shows as pre-paid, so that's good.

Any idea when the other speakers will be announced? I’m wondering if I should go ahead and book a NPH date tomorrow or wait and see if John stamos is added.

Online showed up as an option yesterday but still didn’t work today. I had no trouble calling in to book. I normally book much later in the year but only had one date I could do the CP this year! ETA I’m doing Rose & Crown since I’ll be alone (I like sitting outside when I’m alone). Dinner at 5:20 and 8:15 show. Perfect for me!

Any idea when the other speakers will be announced? I’m wondering if I should go ahead and book a NPH date tomorrow or wait and see if John stamos is added.

I don't think we know for sure. Last year the final group of narrators (including John Stamos) wasn't announced until November 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter