Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Ok. Probably been asked on this forum but 294 pages is a lot to go through. :)

I have an 8:30am ressie at Chef Mickey's. MK doesn't open until 9am that day and I am reading that the buses start about 45 to an hour before the park opens. That doesn't seem to give me enough time to make this ressie.

Is that information correct or do the buses run a bit earlier than that? If not, what is the best way to get to the ressie? Minnie Van (as I have a toddler that needs a car seat)?

Thanks in advance.

Ok. Probably been asked on this forum but 294 pages is a lot to go through. :)

I have an 8:30am ressie at Chef Mickey's. MK doesn't open until 9am that day and I am reading that the buses start about 45 to an hour before the park opens. That doesn't seem to give me enough time to make this ressie.

Is that information correct or do the buses run a bit earlier than that? If not, what is the best way to get to the ressie? Minnie Van (as I have a toddler that needs a car seat)?

Thanks in advance.
Buses start running around 6:30 every morning.

I thought I read that somewhere but the official Disney site says 45 minutes prior to park opening.

Thanks for confirming the 6:30 bus start time.
You may see that stated in lots of places, but it isn’t accurate.

I am going from AK at closing to MK for After hours. What is the fastest way? Please note that I do have a car if that is the best way. Thanks.

Good to know! You would think Disney would be more accurate in their statements about this.
There's a method to their madness!!!! If the official word is that buses start running an hour prior to park opening, they can fall back on that if there are bus issues! If they officially state that buses start running at 6:30 and buses don't actually start right at 6:30, there are issues!!! Not to mention that these early morning buses don't run as frequently as the regular buses run. They tend to run closer to every 25 mins vs the every 15-20 mins the regular buses run.

I am going from AK at closing to MK for After hours. What is the fastest way? Please note that I do have a car if that is the best way. Thanks.
A bus will probably be fastest. You can take a bus to MK right from AK. If you drive, you will have to get into the TTC, then tram or walk to the ferry/monorail. Then take one of those to MK. That can be time consuming.

There's a method to their madness!!!! If the official word is that buses start running an hour prior to park opening, they can fall back on that if there are bus issues! If they officially state that buses start running at 6:30 and buses don't actually start right at 6:30, there are issues!!! Not to mention that these early morning buses don't run as frequently as the regular buses run. They tend to run closer to every 25 mins vs the every 15-20 mins the regular buses run.

Makes sense. So if I have an 8:30 ressie at Chef Mickeys I should probably get to the bus stop around 7am just to make sure.

Makes sense. So if I have an 8:30 ressie at Chef Mickeys I should probably get to the bus stop around 7am just to make sure.
Yes, but it would make a difference what resort you are coming from. Some are closer than others.

Hi all. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and have character meals in Ohana and Crystal Palace on separate days but at 08.30 bookings. We have a car but prefer to use their transport. Does anyone know how long a bus from AKL to magic Kingdom would take please?

Hi all. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and have character meals in Ohana and Crystal Palace on separate days but at 08.30 bookings. We have a car but prefer to use their transport. Does anyone know how long a bus from AKL to magic Kingdom would take please?

Google Maps can give you driving time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!