Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/...tual-ride-and-see-through-construction-walls/

I think the see through part of the construction walls was a cute addition. It'll be more exciting to look through once progress is made...

I'm glad WDW opted for this mine train rather than interactive princess m&g's - though they would've been really awesome... the coaster is more attractive to the general public (boys, adults).

Cool. I've only heard about the sneak peek areas, not seen them. The one element of the decor on the construction walls that confuses me is the "painting the roses red" scene which seems to take us to an intermingling of stories as exists in Disney/ABC's "Once Upon a Time":

8249337834_920a23eb94.jpg

Cool. I've only heard about the sneak peek areas, not seen them. The one element of the decor on the construction walls that confuses me is the "painting the roses red" scene which seems to take us to an intermingling of stories as exists in Disney/ABC's "Once Upon a Time":

8249337834_920a23eb94.jpg

Maybe that's a nod to Alice's Teacups which are nearby.

Maybe that's a nod to Alice's Teacups which are nearby.

That has to be it :) Now the honey pots/balloon bit make more sense too, I didn't even notice they were out of place with the dwarves - that's how good these artists are.
Good thinking. Thanks!

Wonderland looks so cool!! Oh well, I'm excited to have The Little Mermaid area and I'm sure Snow White's area will be classic.

In reference to the Princess M&G...
This site has Tiana, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Jasmine and Rapunzel as princesses... did they just cover all their bases but probably won't use them all or if they do, it'd be roulette style as previously mentioned?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/NewFantasylandHistory/#section-7 (Scroll down)

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/10398 - was there going to be a Wonderland in the original expansion?
DSC_0095-L.jpg

There was supposed to be a Pixie Hollow, but no Wonderland.

Anyone know if the Tangled area will be done by March 1? A little off topic, what about splash mountain? My son's third time in Disney and has never been on it. The first time he was too short, the second it was closed due to rain.

I wish they did an Alice in Wonderland area! But it is of course all about flogging the new films these days, shame :sad2:

I'd also like to know what will be open in August, that's my next trip!

jkpmac said:
Anyone know if the Tangled area will be done by March 1? A little off topic, what about splash mountain? My son's third time in Disney and has never been on it. The first time he was too short, the second it was closed due to rain.

Don't know about Tangles, but Splash is typically only down in Jan and beginning of Feb. can't control the rain though!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We're planning on ETWB so I'm pleased about her doing pictures with those who participate. Are adults discouraged to participate, though? (well, it'd be two young adults)

I really hope it's not roulette style. :crazy2:
That would be just cruel.

There have been several reports of CM's directly discouraging adults from participating. One report claimed that their CM specifically asked if any "children" wanted a part, therefore entirely bypassing any adults who wanted to participate

jkpmac said:

I haven't seen a single date attached to the Tangled Princess and the Pee experience, so no idea.

Splash is supposed to reopen in mid- to late-March.

There have been several reports of CM's directly discouraging adults from participating. One report claimed that their CM specifically asked if any "children" wanted a part, therefore entirely bypassing any adults who wanted to participate

Hmm that's odd and unfortunate. My friend and I went mid December, I'm 19 and my friend is 18, and I got picked to be a soldier but my friend wasn't hand selected for anything. However, when the cast member asked if anyone else wanted a part they gave my friend one. While 18 isn't exactly an "adult", they didn't care about it. So once again, like most of things with this attraction, it seems to depend on the cast members working it.

Kimi313 said:
I am apparently behind, what is the Tangled area?

The area between IaSW and HM (old Fantasyland Skyway station) under refurb for a while now, known to be restrooms and better access between FL and LS and rumored to include charging stations and/or a Rapunzel M&G.

The whole area has a strong Tangled theme, including her tower.

The area between IaSW and HM (old Fantasyland Skyway station) under refurb for a while now, known to be restrooms and better access between FL and LS and rumored to include charging stations and/or a Rapunzel M&G.

The whole area has a strong Tangled theme, including her tower.

Yes I saw they were working there but no sign so I just went on. I really need to learn to slow down at DW and be more observant, lol. My DD is 22 now but we watched Tangled twice over Christmas break so I'm excited and I know she will be too! Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2

Hmm that's odd and unfortunate. My friend and I went mid December, I'm 19 and my friend is 18, and I got picked to be a soldier but my friend wasn't hand selected for anything. However, when the cast member asked if anyone else wanted a part they gave my friend one. While 18 isn't exactly an "adult", they didn't care about it. So once again, like most of things with this attraction, it seems to depend on the cast members working it.

I went the beginning of December and the CM specifically asked if there were any CHILDREN who wanted a part that hadn't gotten one. One child raised their hand and she gave them a character and then she ushered everyone in the next room, never asking if anyone else wanted one.

It could certainly just be that it does depend on the CM working that room.

I went the beginning of December and the CM specifically asked if there were any CHILDREN who wanted a part that hadn't gotten one. One child raised their hand and she gave them a character and then she ushered everyone in the next room, never asking if anyone else wanted one.

It could certainly just be that it does depend on the CM working that room.

I hope it was just one CM. It would be a shame to exclude the adults who travel without kids and are children at heart all their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter