• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR AUGUST 2022 Check-in Thread***

Just three weeks left until I arrive! I'm relieved I grabbed a MSEP dining package when my dates opened up - I was half expecting to cancel it as the Plaza Inn menu isn't a great fit for us, but now that it will be the parade's farewell week (and now that I've found out I can sub out the entree) that bit of breathing room should be very worth it. And of course, all credit to this board for alerting me when Blue Bayou reopened reservations so I could secure F! viewing.
My itinerary is taking shape as:
Saturday 8/20: CA start, Lamplight brunch, Storytellers' dinner with the WOC package
Sunday 8/21: DL start, Blue Bayou lunch with the F! package (at least, I hope I can request the package - it's just a regular reservation)
Monday 8/22: CA start
Tuesday 8/23: DL start, Plaza Inn lunch with the MSEP package
Wednesday 8/24: DL start

Last time (2017) we didn't end up seeing ANY of the nighttime shows (other than watching the fireworks once from our hotel balcony) so hoping to catch up big time.
Sounds amazing! Oh and you got that lamplight lounge brunch!

Looking to trade a Trader Sam's res for Monday Aug 8. We have lunch at 2:50 for 4; however MDW has been inconsistent with on time departures and I think we need a later time. Will have a child in the party so anything from 4:00pm to 7:30pm would be optimum!

Just three weeks left until I arrive! I'm relieved I grabbed a MSEP dining package when my dates opened up - I was half expecting to cancel it as the Plaza Inn menu isn't a great fit for us, but now that it will be the parade's farewell week (and now that I've found out I can sub out the entree) that bit of breathing room should be very worth it. And of course, all credit to this board for alerting me when Blue Bayou reopened reservations so I could secure F! viewing.
My itinerary is taking shape as:
Saturday 8/20: CA start, Lamplight brunch, Storytellers' dinner with the WOC package
Sunday 8/21: DL start, Blue Bayou lunch with the F! package (at least, I hope I can request the package - it's just a regular reservation)
Monday 8/22: CA start
Tuesday 8/23: DL start, Plaza Inn lunch with the MSEP package
Wednesday 8/24: DL start

Last time (2017) we didn't end up seeing ANY of the nighttime shows (other than watching the fireworks once from our hotel balcony) so hoping to catch up big time.

Oh, I like the idea of sharing itineraries! Thanks, yours looks great!

Here's what we have as of today:
Tuesday 8/23: no park -- GCH cabana rental
Wednesday 8/24: DL start, Riverbelle premium F! dinner
Thursday 8/25: DCA start, Lamplight Lounge lunch, WOC dessert party
Friday 8/26: DL start, Oga's early, capture your moment photo session, Plaza lunch with MSEP package
Saturday 8/27: head home

We initially had 1-day tickets and added the hoppers after securing dining - makes for a bit of an awkward back and forth, perhaps, but it'll all work out in the end.

Oh, I like the idea of sharing itineraries! Thanks, yours looks great!

Here's what we have as of today:
Tuesday 8/23: no park -- GCH cabana rental
Wednesday 8/24: DL start, Riverbelle premium F! dinner
Thursday 8/25: DCA start, Lamplight Lounge lunch, WOC dessert party
Friday 8/26: DL start, Oga's early, capture your moment photo session, Plaza lunch with MSEP package
Saturday 8/27: head home

We initially had 1-day tickets and added the hoppers after securing dining - makes for a bit of an awkward back and forth, perhaps, but it'll all work out in the end.
Ooh! Our itineraries are super similar!
Wednesday 8/24 we have Riverbelle lunch hoping to get the Fantasmic! pass
Thursday 8/25 we are also doing the WOC dessert party
Friday 8/26 we have reservations at Plaza Inn for the character breakfast!

We are doing one park per day, possibly adding Genie+ on a day by day basis.

We are a group of 2 grandmas and 3 granddaughters ages 5,7,9. 3 day park hoppers, with Genie +, oldest grandchild has a DAS. We have some set Reservations for lunches and dinners, because it helps with her anxiety to have scheduled breaks. If that doesn't work well, we will adjust as we go.. We have been blessed with the opportunity to do VIP Tour on 2 days, it's money I reserved after my mom's passing for some extra pixie dust this trip.

Mon 8/1 Travel and pool day with cabana at DLG Goofy's Kitchen Dinner

Tues 8/2 Eat breakfast in room, go down 7:30-40 ish, Disneyland Park
~8:00 -10. Get a few rides in, probably a couple of Fantasyland Rides, Jungle Cruise or Winnie the Pooh?
10:15. Capture Your Moment Reservation - 20 minutes
10:30. Meet Guide VIP tour. I’ve told them we are doing pictures, so we will coordinate where to meet.
10:40 -12:45. Fun stuff, rides, photopass opportunities
1:00 Lunch Reservations at Cafe Orleans in Disneyland
2 - 5:40. Fun stuff, rides, photopass opportunities
6 :00. Dinner Reservations at Naples Ristorante in Downtown Disney
7 -815? Do something low key in prob in DL, as kids will be tired out maybe the train or Casey Jr or Canal boat, guide suggestions? Have guide drop us off at the reserved seating for Fantasmic around 830
End our day with Fantasmic 9:00 PM Back to the Hotel, get the kids to bed.

Wednesday 8/2. Park Reservation Disney California Adventure
7:30 Breakfast Reservation at Storytellers Café
~8:30, Enter Disney California Adventure from the Hotel Gate
8:30-10 20. Check out Redwood Creek Trail and Animation Class, maybe Monsters Inc Ride
10:30. Meet Guide.
10:30-545. Fun stuff, rides, photopass opportunities, would like to check out some of the shows at Avengers Campus like the Dora Milaje and Or Guardians of Galaxy dance off.
Mobile order some lunch at some point probably around 1ish. Several possibilities, depending on where we are in the parks.
6 :15 Dinner Reservations at La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney
7 :15 -815 Dr Strange show? squeeze in a couple more rides if short waits.
8:30 Have guide leave us at reserved seating for Main Street Electrical Parade
End our day with Fireworks(hopefully). Reserved Seating

Thursday 8/3 – Park Reservations Disneyland Park, can park hop to California Adventure after 1:00
We have a Breakfast Reservation at Napa Rose in the Grand Californian Hotel for the Princess Adventure Breakfast at 8:20 am
Today we are on our own, so I figure we will make sure everyone got to ride the ride they most wanted to or repeat things they enjoyed. We will use Genie + or DAS to get the rides with as short a wait time as possible. There is a Lion King show I think the kids would enjoy. Probably be in the park around 10:45 am
We can just mobile order lunch or snacks at quick service when we get hungry. Since breakfast lasted later, I did make a reservation for late in the afternoon if we wanted it at the Carnation Café at 3:30 PM
We have a reservation for the Dessert Party for World Of Color in California Adventure check in after 8 PM, show starts at 9
The other grandma and 2 youngest grandkids head to bed at DLH, they fly home with her on Friday for a visit. Oldest grandkid and I grab our bags from bell services and head to Hilton near Universal Hollywood

Fri 8/4 Sleep in, Universal Hollywood opens at 9. Just one day, looking forward to the Studio Toour.

Sat Fly home!

We are a group of 2 grandmas and 3 granddaughters ages 5,7,9. 3 day park hoppers, with Genie +, oldest grandchild has a DAS. We have some set Reservations for lunches and dinners, because it helps with her anxiety to have scheduled breaks. If that doesn't work well, we will adjust as we go.. We have been blessed with the opportunity to do VIP Tour on 2 days, it's money I reserved after my mom's passing for some extra pixie dust this trip.

Mon 8/1 Travel and pool day with cabana at DLG Goofy's Kitchen Dinner

Tues 8/2 Eat breakfast in room, go down 7:30-40 ish, Disneyland Park
~8:00 -10. Get a few rides in, probably a couple of Fantasyland Rides, Jungle Cruise or Winnie the Pooh?
10:15. Capture Your Moment Reservation - 20 minutes
10:30. Meet Guide VIP tour. I’ve told them we are doing pictures, so we will coordinate where to meet.
10:40 -12:45. Fun stuff, rides, photopass opportunities
1:00 Lunch Reservations at Cafe Orleans in Disneyland
2 - 5:40. Fun stuff, rides, photopass opportunities
6 :00. Dinner Reservations at Naples Ristorante in Downtown Disney
7 -815? Do something low key in prob in DL, as kids will be tired out maybe the train or Casey Jr or Canal boat, guide suggestions? Have guide drop us off at the reserved seating for Fantasmic around 830
End our day with Fantasmic 9:00 PM Back to the Hotel, get the kids to bed.

Wednesday 8/2. Park Reservation Disney California Adventure
7:30 Breakfast Reservation at Storytellers Café
~8:30, Enter Disney California Adventure from the Hotel Gate
8:30-10 20. Check out Redwood Creek Trail and Animation Class, maybe Monsters Inc Ride
10:30. Meet Guide.
10:30-545. Fun stuff, rides, photopass opportunities, would like to check out some of the shows at Avengers Campus like the Dora Milaje and Or Guardians of Galaxy dance off.
Mobile order some lunch at some point probably around 1ish. Several possibilities, depending on where we are in the parks.
6 :15 Dinner Reservations at La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney
7 :15 -815 Dr Strange show? squeeze in a couple more rides if short waits.
8:30 Have guide leave us at reserved seating for Main Street Electrical Parade
End our day with Fireworks(hopefully). Reserved Seating

Thursday 8/3 – Park Reservations Disneyland Park, can park hop to California Adventure after 1:00
We have a Breakfast Reservation at Napa Rose in the Grand Californian Hotel for the Princess Adventure Breakfast at 8:20 am
Today we are on our own, so I figure we will make sure everyone got to ride the ride they most wanted to or repeat things they enjoyed. We will use Genie + or DAS to get the rides with as short a wait time as possible. There is a Lion King show I think the kids would enjoy. Probably be in the park around 10:45 am
We can just mobile order lunch or snacks at quick service when we get hungry. Since breakfast lasted later, I did make a reservation for late in the afternoon if we wanted it at the Carnation Café at 3:30 PM
We have a reservation for the Dessert Party for World Of Color in California Adventure check in after 8 PM, show starts at 9
The other grandma and 2 youngest grandkids head to bed at DLH, they fly home with her on Friday for a visit. Oldest grandkid and I grab our bags from bell services and head to Hilton near Universal Hollywood

Fri 8/4 Sleep in, Universal Hollywood opens at 9. Just one day, looking forward to the Studio Toour.

Sat Fly home!
Re the WOC dessert party, I’m reading that you should check in around 7pm if you’re at all particular about whether you get a high or low top table or where you are sitting

Re the WOC dessert party, I’m reading that you should check in around 7pm if you’re at all particular about whether you get a high or low top table or where you are sitting
Thanks, we will see how it goes. But there is no way my group can wait for 2 hours for the show. Between the lateness, and sensory/anxiety issues of one child, it just doesn't work. We'd like a high table bc of the children, but otherwise wouldn't be making any specific requests. I thought about checking in myself, but from what I understand we all have to be there to get wristbands and then get in another line for seating. So I may try to do wristbands before 8 and then maybe take the kids to little Mermaid or something and nearby bathroom. Then do the seating part closer to 8.

I really don't understand the concept of having a ,"reserved" table and chair and then still have to line up hours early. When it's just a reserved area and you are particular where you sit like with Fantasmic, fine. But a table and chair, just put the person's name on it show your confirmation on the phone to the seater, at anytime before show, like when you go to a theater show. High top or low could be an option when you reserve.

I have an extra premium dining river Belle Fantasmic reservation. The one with table seating!

I snagged two until I knew for sure which night worked better for us.

Offering here first if anyone wants to coordinate

It’s for Wednesday august 10th for 3

I will take the Riverbelle on Aug 10 if still available! 😃

Anyone know what is going on after hours on August 25th and 27th at DCA? August 25th 9pm - 1am and August 27th 9pm - 12am are showing special after hours events.

August trip coming up! Wife and myself
8/28-8/31 - BWPPI
8/31-9/3 - VGC

Have had this trip planned since last fall staying offsite. Went to WDW in December - loved it - and decided to buy DVC. April I bid on a Boardwalk resale contract (saved $100 per point vs Direct) that luckily passed ROFR and I got my DVC account June 1st. Contract had some 2022 points left and with our next WDW trip not until December 2023 we decided to try and see if we could get a night at Grand Cal DVC side.

Having heard how hard it is to score even one night and being only a few months out we didn't hold out much hope but put in a couple waitlist for the first and last night of our trip. Then started checking the website a few times a day. Well on June 8th found a Studio for 9/1-9/2. On June 11th found a 1 bedroom for 8/31-9/1. And on June 18th the waitlist for the last night 9/2-9/3 came in. So now we have three nights at VGC! I feel like I got very very lucky. And still hoping for more lighting strikes to get my Studio waitlist for 8/31-9/1 to replace the 1 bedroom and save a few points (wow that VGC summer points chart is not kidding).

And now get the unexpected bonus of the early entry perk too!
WOOT! This morning at the day 31 mark I got my last waitlist to swap my 1 BD for a Studio. Saved 26 points and now all three nights in one room now moving! Chatting with DVC right no to combine the three reservations. Still can't believe my luck. I should have bought a lottery ticket Friday 😊

Last edited:
WOOT! This morning at the day 31 mark I got my last waitlist to swap my 1 BD for a Studio. Saved 26 points and now all three nights in one room now moving! Chatting with DVC right now to combine the three reservations. Still can't believe my luck. I should have bought a lottery ticket Friday 😊
Buy one today!

WOOT! This morning at the day 31 mark I got my last waitlist to swap my 1 BD for a Studio. Saved 26 points and now all three nights in one room now moving! Chatting with DVC right no to combine the three reservations. Still can't believe my luck. I should have bought a lottery ticket Friday 😊
Congratulations! We got our last night in a two bedroom this morning as well!

Given the smaller audience here, I was hoping to ask a first timer question for DL. With the my experience app and Genie+, how can I set things up where all members of my party can make Genie+ reservations, mobile food orders, scan in for LLs, room key, and make purchases? Do they all need their own login for My Disney Experience app, or all sign in under me? I'm a WDW person and always had magic bands for all of these things. Appreciate the guidance :)

If anyone is in need of a Trader Sams Reservation on August 13th (Saturday), we have an extra one we could release for 2:55pm for 4 guests. Let me know if anyone is interested and we can coordinate a drop.

Given the smaller audience here, I was hoping to ask a first timer question for DL. With the my experience app and Genie+, how can I set things up where all members of my party can make Genie+ reservations, mobile food orders, scan in for LLs, room key, and make purchases? Do they all need their own login for My Disney Experience app, or all sign in under me? I'm a WDW person and always had magic bands for all of these things. Appreciate the guidance :)

If it works like WDW, we share the same log in through out my family. That way if I am on a ride or not able to whip out my phone, my son or daughter can use the app and try for a new reservation or order food if they are walking around on their own.

If it works like WDW, we share the same log in through out my family. That way if I am on a ride or not able to whip out my phone, my son or daughter can use the app and try for a new reservation or order food if they are walking around on their own.
Appreciate it. I assumed it may just be a shared login. Really good to know.

Wife and my 25th wedding anniversary and 50th birthdays this year and we are heading down to celebrate. We are driving from a suburb of Vancouver Canada and the three other times we have driven the I 5, but now are heading to the coast to drive hwy 101 from Crescent City south to Anaheim. We will spend the first night at Crescent City then do the Redwoods and then head to Sam Francisco for a day and a half and do sites like Alcatraz and Fisherman‘s Warf.

Once in Anaheim our plans are
Friday August 12 - Disneyland
Saturday August 13 - California Adventure
Sunday August 14 - kids (daughter 22, daughter’s boyfriend 22, son 20, son 18) fly in. Head to Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, TCL Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Walk of Fame then head to a VRBO.
Monday August 15 - Universal Studios.
Tuesday August 16 - Sony Fim Studio Tour, Academy Awards Museum, La Bria Tar Pits.
Wednesday - Beach Day
Thursday August 17 - Disneyland
Friday August 18 - California Adventure
Saturday August 19 - Disneyland
Sunday August 20 - Kids fly home we head north driving.

We cannot wait. It’s been 4 years since we’ve been home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter