Official Disneyland ½ Marathon & 5k

A word of warning about the race shirts. They are bigger than normal. I got a small and really needed a xsmall. But I had a lot of fun at the EXPO. I talked with Jeff Galliway about doing goofy next year. And he signed my bib!

If there are any Dooney and Bourke purse fans at the Disneyland half this weekend, my sister would like to sell her Princess run version she got at the expo last Feb. she never used it. I have it with me and will be at Disneyland until Monday afternoon if anyone is interested. It's the middle sized one. Send me a private message and we can try and meet up.

Loving this trip so far. Can't wait for the race tomorrow.

We officially signed up for the WDW Half in January!!

Well I'm about 50 kinds of crazy jelly with all this talk about packet pick up, cool pictures of the shirt and expo adventures. I still have 130 days until my goofy adventure. :scared:

But seriously, HAVE FUN tomorrow. Be sure to slow down, take a look around and enjoy the view!!

Looking forward to race reports, pictures, etc. popcorn::

Good luck and have a blast tomorrow!! So excited to hear about your races and see your pictures! Have a great day!!

Time for bed at the Grand Californian. Sleep tight half marathoners. See you in the morning.

By the way, I just saw a sign in Downtown Disney. If anyone forgets breakfast, Hagen Daaz will be opening up extra early to serve the marathon crowd before the race. Maybe I'll start my day with an ice cream sundae before the race (or maybe NOT).

La Brea Bakery, Wetzels Pretzels, and the juice place will all be open extremely early (ie before the race) if anyone finds this useful.

Good night all.

Getting ready for the run. Everyone have a great race today! Make sure you stay hydrated and put on some sunscreen!

Can't wait to hear race reports. My daughter and I ran the Rock and Roll Half relay in Virginia Beach this morning. The weather was extremely hot and humid, but so well run that we would definitely consider this one again, when we can't get to DL! ;)

It was pretty darn hot out there! Felt like we were running into the blinding sun a lot of the time, but overall it was a really fun race. C2C complete and I'm exhausted!

Am a bit upset- something happened with my bib tag- my time they have recorded as completed is 3:29 at 16:00. /mile. I was done way before that. No one on my timing texts that I had set up got my 5k results.- bit they got the subsequent texts. Looks like assigned my a default start time somehow. How do I have this fixed? I started at the exact time my dh started- saw myself on the jumbo tron. . Don't know what happened. This is going to affect my placement for the WDW Half.

Other than that- race was fun - blinding sunlight though! Lots of characters - lots of bands and cheerleaders. My favorite were the horses backstage at Disneyland and running the warming track at the baseball stadium.

Oh- and of course, running down main street and through the castle was another favorite.

Exhausted. It's hot here today in the sun. I lasted an hour in the marathon shirt. It's hot to wear. Don't know how others are tolerating it.

I had to change out of the marathon shirt as well. For my first Disney half marathon, I enjoyed it. I thought the corral movement was pretty organized. I either beat my half marathon time by a shirt margin or just did the same time as the one I did last October. I know I did better though because I would have beat it if I didn't stop for the potty. I think for my 40th birthday next year I want to go for the c2c. Now to break it to hubby!!

Did yall run the half through Carsland? I saw pictures and it looked like you did- but it might have been the 5K so I wasn't sure.

Looked like a lot of fun!

More race reports, please! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter