• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official December 2017 thread!

We have Mickey's Backyard BBQ booked for 12/9 and I am worried it's gonna be too cold. High as of now that day is 72 and low is 55. Is it worth chancing it or should we cancel and plan something else?

Finally bit the bullet and used InstaCart. No more running around or over-planning. All I need to do is be back at the resort by 2PM to show ID for the adult beverages. Left instructions for the delivery to contact me by phone on where to meet them. I know they usually go to bell services. By the time they deliver, I will probably be ready for one.

Just double checked all plans and everything is a go. MCO hotel is set, dinner next door at Hooters is set, Uber in the early AM is scheduled, groceries are set.

I know SWA does not overbook flights. However, they do oversell flights. I don't understand the differences. The simple fact is that you have a ticket and there are no seats, you don't get on the plane. Pretty much all flights after mine into Sunday are listed as Sold Out. There is an early morning flight on Saturday that we could take. It would eliminate the concern of not being on the flight. I can also do Early Bird check-in which guarantees us getting a seat. I need to contact SWA to see what we can do.

Last edited:

Finally bit the bullet and used InstaCart. No more running around or over-planning. All I need to do is be back at the resort by 2PM to show ID for the adult beverages. Left instructions for the delivery to contact me by phone on where to meet them. I know they usually go to bell services. By the time they deliver, I will probably be ready for one.

Just double checked all plans and everything is a go. MCO hotel is set, dinner next door at Hooters is set, Uber in the early AM is scheduled, groceries are set.

I know SWA does not overbook flights. However, they do oversell flights. I don't understand the differences. The simple fact is that you have a ticket and there are no seats, you don't get on the plane. Pretty much all flights after mine into Sunday are listed as Sold Out. There is an early morning flight on Saturday that we could take. It would eliminate the concern of not being on the flight. I can also do Early Bird check-in which guarantees us getting a seat. I need to contact SWA to see what we can do.
"Southwest does not overbook as part of the selling process (Effective May 8, 2017). While we no longer “overbook” flights, there will be operational instances where we will be over available seating capacity resulting in an oversale. Operational instances that may create an oversale include weight restrictions and aircraft type changes."

I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, I read that as well. However, it is clear that they do "oversell". There is really no difference between the two. I am sure we will be in Boarding Group B so we should be fine.

I am now a little on the concerned side is that OKW is practically 100% booked for the week we are there. I looked at each day of our trip. There were no studios for the week left. 1BR and 2BR had a day here, day there available but nothing for more than 2 nights. If they overbooked rooms, it would be interesting on where they would be able to move people. I wouldn't be too upset with a move over to another resort :cool1:

Not overly concerned. I can just have a :drinking1and relax.

I am now a little on the concerned side is that OKW is practically 100% booked for the week we are there. I looked at each day of our trip. There were no studios for the week left. 1BR and 2BR had a day here, day there available but nothing for more than 2 nights. If they overbooked rooms, it would be interesting on where they would be able to move people. I wouldn't be too upset with a move over to another resort :cool1:

Not overly concerned. I can just have a :drinking1and relax.

Are you DVC staying on points? Or are you a cash reservation at OKW? I only ask because if you are DVC, the rooms may have been transferred from DVC to be sold cash and the resort may not actually be full. I see studios and 1 bedrooms available for my dates under the passholder discount. I check multiple times a day to see if something with a better rate pops up haha

I was just going over MDE for last minute checks and balances. Noticed where we had FEA FP there is now Balloons and state FP+. Does this mean Frozen is down while we are there? AND do we have to use it on that day or can it be used another day at another park? Does anyone know what this means and can help me out?

Just called Disney to see what happened. Apparently the MDE app is "glitchy" and FEA is still showing on their end. CM was kind enough to stay on the phone with me while I went and checked on the actual website instead of the app. It showed FEA. So guess we are still on for FEA.

Last edited:
21 days. My son is sick. :guilty: :crazy2::sick:. Hope he gets over it soon and doesn't pass it on to others.

My son got the flu on Friday, came to my house for help. I got it Sunday night. It is nasty stuff, glad we both got it before we leave. Spoke with physician and was told after 7-10 days we would not be contagious, so we are good to go and not infect others.

I hope your son recovers soon and the rest of you don't get it.

Anyone else going next week and bumming about the weather forecast? If it is looking like rain on Animal Kingdom day should I plan on switching?

Went to Universal two years ago and had terrible weather then as well.

Anyone else going next week and bumming about the weather forecast? If it is looking like rain on Animal Kingdom day should I plan on switching?
The last time I visited the Animal Kingdom it was monsoon-like weather. It was raining so hard and it was so windy we were completely soaked despite wearing ponchos. We went on the safari ride during this weather and it was one of the best safari rides we've ever had. Each species of animal had clustered together to find shelter. It was really neat to see how they stuck together and found a safe space for themselves. Also, it stopped raining afterwards and the park was pretty empty allowing us to do most things we wanted to do. Not saying you should definitely go on a rainy day, but if being wet isn't going to bother you go for it.

It's December!!!! 10 days until we leave!! And my oldest just came down with the flu! :sad1:

But .. better now instead of later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter