**Official December 2010 Thread!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

SageFemme

Mouseketeer
We can't possibly be the only ones going in December 2010 now can we?!?! :cool1: :santa:

Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

What's your story? Why December 2010? When and what resort?

For us, we planned on having a wedding in Dec. 2008 and honeymooning at WDW. Instead, we got married at the courthouse in July 2008 because DH's parent's house was available to rent immediately and we wanted to hurry things up. Now I wish we would have gotten married at WDW! Ugh! Well, due to financial reasons we couldn't go in Dec. 2008, so we decided Dec. 2009. Seeing as how things are going currently, we're also unable to go this Dec. So now we are hoping for Dec. 2010. Why am I so set on Dec. you may ask? Well, first of all, DD's birthday is Dec. 5th so we would like to make this a surprise birthday trip. Secondly, I am obsessed with anything and everything Christmas so what better time? We are hoping this is our first and last family WDW trip as a family of 3 as we are going to start TTC that month!!

So, the tentative dates are from Dec. 4th-12th, but the last date could change. We were planning on staying at AKL all year, but now I'm thinking the Contemporary might be a better fit for this trip because my DD loves trains and would love the monorail. Better yet, maybe we should do a split stay and stay at Contemporary the first half and AKL the second half? :scratchin

Who's next?!

Hi!

We are attending WDW Dec 4th-12th offsite. My husband is attending a work conference so we are tagging along. I am super excited since this will be my first time seeing WDW at Christmas!

:woohoo:

Rose

We booked WL for Dec 4-11, 2010!! I can't wait and a LONG wait it will be. We usually go to Disney in May for our anniversaey, but this year we came home with a Disney souvenir that is 9 months in the making!! She wil be here in January and so we decided to take a December vacation so she would be big enough to sit up on her own in the stroller and at restaurants. We're also excited to see the Christmas decorations! :santa:

Hi there! :wave2: You can count us in as well. We are planning our 2nd trip to Disney for December 4-12 of 2010. It will be our family of 6 (me, hubby, our 3 kids, and my nephew). We will probably be staying in two rooms at Pop Century, but that is still being discussed.

We just took our very 1st trip to Disney this past October, and we all fell in love with Disney! :lovestruc Everyone had such a great time, our kids keep asking when they can go back. We plan to surprise them with this trip for next December .... we are going to try to keep it a secret until Nov of 2010. When we put up the Christmas tree on Thanksgiving weekend of next year, we will wrap a big box (a Christmas gift that they will need to open early) telling them about the trip (Mickey balloons, Disney Dollars, countdown calendar, etc....) That will be about a week before we go! For our first trip, the kids knew a year in advance, and that was a long wait for the younger ones.

We had so much fun at Disney for Halloween, so we can't wait to experience Disney at Christmas time! :santa:

We keep trying to decide if we should go the first or second week in December (want to avoid the last two weeks in Dec for sure!) ..... so far, looks like the first week is the popular choice.

Our daughter's birthday is on December 11th, so we will also be celebrating her birthday while we are there! We will pick a nice restaurant, order a cake, and take a few small presents along for her to open that day!

Can't wait! Let the (long) COUNTDOWN begin!

Oooh! Oh! Us too! :teeth:

We will be there from Dec 7 to Dec 17 and staying in the CR. Our favorite time of year at the parks, and the CR is home. Always has been...always will be...I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. :goodvibes

How far in advance did you make your reservations? We are thinking of mid November 2010 or early December 2010 on site.:confused:

Count me in! Dec 8-16th, as long as we're there on the 12th for my big 3-0!!

It'll be our first time at the POLY! :P

Well after watching the HGTV special on Xmas decorating in WDW I have convinced my husband to do a mini weekend next December. Now is just deciding when and where. Most likely a value but we will see. Now I need to get my dates together!! Any suggestions on which week to go? Definitely must do MVMCP!

I'll be there December 3 - 11, 2010, staying at the Coronado. FINALLY... I am under 1 year!! WOOHOO!!! :cool1:

I had to give up our annual MNSSHP, Free Dining and my Birthday but we did decide to go the first week in December 2010 to see the decorations and the many extras of the holidays.

BCV but I have to wait until the 7 month window and hope we get in. So far we have gotten to go there the last 3 trips.

See you all next Christmas in Disney.

Count us in for December 2010. Our tentative dates are the 4th -11th. I haven't booked yet, as I am trying to wrap my head around whether to go for the 40% pin code I received for deluxe resort. DS (11) would love to stay at AKL, or hope for free dining.... We have only ever stayed at All Star Sports, which we love. We've never looked for specials when we are booking nor have we used the dining plan. We have,however, gone the first week of December before and absolutely loved it. This trip is at DH request to return during that time again. The decorations and the added festivities are not to be missed!! Angelbabyjana, I think your surprise trip is wonderful. We surprised our son when he was 6! I loved the reveal! Its still one of my fondest Disney related memories!!

Count us in for December 2010. Our tentative dates are the 4th -11th. I haven't booked yet, as I am trying to wrap my head around whether to go for the 40% pin code I received for deluxe resort. DS (11) would love to stay at AKL, or hope for free dining.... We have only ever stayed at All Star Sports, which we love. We've never looked for specials when we are booking nor have we used the dining plan. We have,however, gone the first week of December before and absolutely loved it. This trip is at DH request to return during that time again. The decorations and the added festivities are not to be missed!! Angelbabyjana, I think your surprise trip is wonderful. We surprised our son when he was 6! I loved the reveal! Its still one of my fondest Disney related memories!!

We got $219 a night for the Poly with the PIN!! I think AKL was roughly $145 for a standard view room. Can't beat that!! *Well, FD is a better deal if you have a larger family... but there's no guarantee on FD being extended to Dec again. :goodvibes

I don't think I've seen the answer to this can some one tell me if they know what date the 2010 Christmas day parade (I know they pretape it) is? I think its typically the first Saturday or Sunday of the month. Also does anyone know if its a parade like any other where you just have to find a seat and wait for the magic to begin?

Hi! Dec 19-26 POP with hubby, DD and DS. First Christmas my hubby takes this week off from work!!! :banana:

I just came back from WDW and the XMAS parade.
You pretty much stand for 3 hours.........they tape at various times.
It is SUPER crowded. WARNERS are there, too, so DOUBLE crowded.

I think it is always the FIRST w/e in Dec....
This yrs was SUPPOSE to be 12/3 - 12/5. Weather was bad, so they did it on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter