** Official August 2024 Thread **

Thank you for posting this - they sent me the email about the refurbishment and I glanced at it and didn't really read that mobile ordering will be the only option. This is actually a big deal for us because my 12 year old often goes to get her own food and mobile ordering won't work for her. What to do, what to do... I have been toying with upgrading to CBR and maybe I will do that?!
You're welcome. I still haven't received the email about it. I've tried searching through my email to make sure I didn't miss it (I admit, I am that person who leaves unread emails in my inbox until its an insane number), but I still haven't gotten it. I'm a member of a POP! Facebook group that posted about it, which is the only reason I even know. Although, someone did post that they spoke to a POP! dining staff member and they said they will still have options for people who do not have a cell phone. So, if you do decide to stay at POP!, your daughter should be able to manage. I guess it depends on whether upgrading to CBR is worth the upcharge.

Today was our ADR day. Booked Toledos, Tonys, Flying Fish, Boathouse, Mama Melrose, Monsieur Paul, and Boma. Snagged a Space 220 Lounge. I am very excited for Monsieur Paul.
We booked ours yesterday too. I was shocked that we got a Space 220 Lounge spot. This is our 3rd trip since it opened and this is the first time we've managed to book a spot. Although now that it's been open for a while and we've heard the food is mid, we didn't want to even try for the full dining experience. It was going to be Lounge or NOTHING!

We also booked Boma, Homecomin', 1900 Park Fare (I want to meet Tiana!), Storybook Dining at Artist Point, 'Ohana Dinner, Topolino Breakfast, Fantasmic Dining (we went with Hollywood & Vine dinner because we've already been to Prime Time and Sci-Fi and I didn't want to use 2 dining credits for Brown Derby), Trattoria al Forno Breakfast, and a late night spot at Oga's Cantina so we can see Galaxy's Edge after everyone is gone.

Question - how early does everyone start to pack? We have a basket where we put things that we know we're going to take to Disney, but how early to people start to pack their suitcases? We probably seriously start around 2 weeks before our trip.
I do roughly the same. A container to hold things we know we are going to take that things can go in at any time, and then 2 weeks out I will start pulling together our suitcases. We are also packing our daughter up for her first year at college so I am starting to accept my house and brain are going to be messy. Planning this trip has been bittersweet because it will begin the day after we drop her off.

We booked ours yesterday too. I was shocked that we got a Space 220 Lounge spot. This is our 3rd trip since it opened and this is the first time we've managed to book a spot. Although now that it's been open for a while and we've heard the food is mid, we didn't want to even try for the full dining experience. It was going to be Lounge or NOTHING!

We also booked Boma, Homecomin', 1900 Park Fare (I want to meet Tiana!), Storybook Dining at Artist Point, 'Ohana Dinner, Topolino Breakfast, Fantasmic Dining (we went with Hollywood & Vine dinner because we've already been to Prime Time and Sci-Fi and I didn't want to use 2 dining credits for Brown Derby), Trattoria al Forno Breakfast, and a late night spot at Oga's Cantina so we can see Galaxy's Edge after everyone is gone.
You got some great picks! I am glad to see there was a lot of availability!

You got some great picks! I am glad to see there was a lot of availability!
I'm currently in the UK, so I was lucky that reservations open at 11 am here instead of the crack of dawn when I'm in the US! 😂
Also, the first one I went for was the Space 220 Lounge. When I was done booking all the others, I went back to Space 220 to see what was left, and they were GONE! So, if you go for that, you need to be quick!

This morning was my ADR day. The only one I had trouble getting was Sci Fi. I was 60 + 5 and they only offered 8:50pm for supper - way too late for us to eat. I will keep trying for it. Otherwise, we got Le Cellier, Cape May, Tony's, Crystal Palace, Trattoria al Forno.

I noticed Genie+ price is little higher this week. I'm guessing that Tiana opening will drive the price up even higher. I hope I'm wrong.
It's so expensive already!
We are going to do Genie + for the first time this summer. I'm nervous about navigating it properly. I'm not very tech savvy.

It's so expensive already!
We are going to do Genie + for the first time this summer. I'm nervous about navigating it properly. I'm not very tech savvy.

The tip thread here is very helpful
https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...lightning-lane-please-read-posts-1-7.3856734/

Youtube how to videos are great for seeing how it works. I like Ear Scouts
https://www.youtube.com/@EarScouts

And, I do know how to navigate it, but I made my kids learn (18,21,24) and they are much better at it than me. Unfortunately, my daughter is not going with us and she's the best one at it.

The tip thread here is very helpful
https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...lightning-lane-please-read-posts-1-7.3856734/

Youtube how to videos are great for seeing how it works. I like Ear Scouts
https://www.youtube.com/@EarScouts

And, I do know how to navigate it, but I made my kids learn (18,21,24) and they are much better at it than me. Unfortunately, my daughter is not going with us and she's the best one at it.
We are using Genie+ for the first time in August-Ear Scouts has many helpful videos .
Highly recommend 👍

Question - how early does everyone start to pack? We have a basket where we put things that we know we're going to take to Disney, but how early to people start to pack their suitcases? We probably seriously start around 2 weeks before our trip.
I never fully unpack in between trips. My daughter is a CM so I visit quite often and have some stuff down with her. I only need a carry on and backpack when I go. When I come home I take out any dirty clothes and wash those. My other stuff like chargers, AP cards, etc never leave the bag. I always make sure to put my bathing suit straight back in my bag after washing. Once I got to the Yacht Club and was so excited to hit the pool grabbed my swimsuit and put the top on then realized I didn't have the bottom skirt piece :oops::oops:. Not a happy camper!!!

I never fully unpack in between trips. My daughter is a CM so I visit quite often and have some stuff down with her. I only need a carry on and backpack when I go. When I come home I take out any dirty clothes and wash those. My other stuff like chargers, AP cards, etc never leave the bag. I always make sure to put my bathing suit straight back in my bag after washing. Once I got to the Yacht Club and was so excited to hit the pool grabbed my swimsuit and put the top on then realized I didn't have the bottom skirt piece :oops::oops:. Not a happy camper!!!
Oh no! Did you end up purchasing another bathing suit there or just sadly forgo the pool?

I booked my one and only ADR at The Biergarten in August. But I don’t think I really needed to bother. I know it’s always been an easy one to book, even day of. Just looking at random times between now and August, there is tons of availability. :)

Going on our first trip at the end of August! I have so many planning questions and I’m overwhelmed by all the information that is available. EarScout has been a life saver, and so has watching these threads!! Arriving on a Sunday and leaving on Saturday. Staying at AKL.

My husband and I are really going for the food, Star Wars (him), and the Princesses (me!)

My must do list: meet the Princesses + Minnie, Mickey + Moana; eat and shop at Epcot (sadly this is only in for half a day right now because I can’t figure out a better plan that also gives us a rest day); 7DMT; TBA; Traders Sam’s Grog Grotto - Dole Whip - Cheeseburger Spring Rolls

AND!! We are doing MNSSHP and DHS AH!!! Which is why I can’t figure out how to fit a full Epcot day in.

Any major recommendations? Or schedule tips for a first timer. Two adults, no kids. SO EXCITED YOU HAVE NO IDEA THIS IS ALL I TALK ABOUT NOW AND I HAVE A TIMER FOR EE AND ADR.

Any major recommendations? Or schedule tips for a first timer. Two adults, no kids. SO EXCITED YOU HAVE NO IDEA THIS IS ALL I TALK ABOUT NOW AND I HAVE A TIMER FOR EE AND ADR.
We'll be at WDW the same week as you. :) It will be hot. We found that we needed to have an indoor dining reservation at least once a day in order to cool off.

Your MNSSHP ticket will get you into the Magic Kingdom as early as 4pm. There are several ways to spend that day, depending on your other park tickets.

Just ask lots of questions and we will be happy to give you lots of answers. We were totally lost when we went to Disneyland for the first time ever last April. WDW would be so much more confusing. :)

Going on our first trip at the end of August! I have so many planning questions and I’m overwhelmed by all the information that is available. EarScout has been a life saver, and so has watching these threads!! Arriving on a Sunday and leaving on Saturday. Staying at AKL.

My husband and I are really going for the food, Star Wars (him), and the Princesses (me!)

My must do list: meet the Princesses + Minnie, Mickey + Moana; eat and shop at Epcot (sadly this is only in for half a day right now because I can’t figure out a better plan that also gives us a rest day); 7DMT; TBA; Traders Sam’s Grog Grotto - Dole Whip - Cheeseburger Spring Rolls

AND!! We are doing MNSSHP and DHS AH!!! Which is why I can’t figure out how to fit a full Epcot day in.

We always go in August. My recommendation would be to try to rope drop, at least a couple of times. You can really accomplish a lot before it gets too busy. We tend to rope drop, take an afternoon break, go back in for the evening. We like one table service a day too, just to get out of the heat, as suggested by @Wood Nymph . Hope you have a magical trip!

We always go in August. My recommendation would be to try to rope drop, at least a couple of times. You can really accomplish a lot before it gets too busy. We tend to rope drop, take an afternoon break, go back in for the evening. We like one table service a day too, just to get out of the heat, as suggested by @Wood Nymph . Hope you have a magical trip!
Is it bad to say I probably over researched and because of that I have worked in rope drop every day and a break every afternoon? Lurking around the Dis Boards has been so helpful.

How long is your break normally? Any other big first timer tips?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter