• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official August 2021 thread ***

I've been contemplating a trip to Disney for a few months now. We last went in June of 2019. I saw the announcement for the Boo Bash and that peaked my interest. We did the Villians After Dark when we were there last and loved it. I had toyed with the idea of going in October, but that would have had to be a fairly quick trip. Then the clencher was when my 14 year old said how much he would like to go back and see all the Star Wars stuff- we were there before everything opened. So, I started looking at dates in August right before school starts and without much thought or over-analyzing like I normally do, I booked it! We are going August 8-14th and staying at the POP. I'm really excited and hope they announce the Boo Bash dates soon. Now I'm reading and researching so I can catch up with all the COVID changes. Normally I've been researching for months when I have a trip planned. This one has caught me off guard!

Almost time to book dining reservations, although I don't have many to book.

I'm starting to feel nervous about my park reservations. I have DHS and AK early in my trip. I'm worried that FP will come back and I'll really want those days to be as late in the trip as possible. But reading the just back reports, and casually checking wait times...I think I don't want it to come back.

Almost time to book dining reservations, although I don't have many to book.

I'm starting to feel nervous about my park reservations. I have DHS and AK early in my trip. I'm worried that FP will come back and I'll really want those days to be as late in the trip as possible. But reading the just back reports, and casually checking wait times...I think I don't want it to come back.
Park pass planning is hard! I hope it remains green through my ADR date so I can change park passes based on what ADRs I get.

What makes me especially nervous is the 6pm closing at MK on 8/14, which is the first day of our trip. If that is going to be a recurring thing, I may need to change my MK days!

Park pass planning is hard! I hope it remains green through my ADR date so I can change park passes based on what ADRs I get.

What makes me especially nervous is the 6pm closing at MK on 8/14, which is the first day of our trip. If that is going to be a recurring thing, I may need to change my MK days!

Maybe Boo Bash that night?

I read somewhere...I forget where...that 8/14 was an early closing due to a corporate event or rental -- I have no idea whether this is true or not.

I read somewhere...I forget where...that 8/14 was an early closing due to a corporate event or rental -- I have no idea whether this is true or not.
That would be a relief. It’s our arrival day so we weren’t planning on visiting a park anyway, but it made me nervous there might be other days with an early close that week! We were there when MK had a 6pm close last summer (no events, they were just closing early every day then) and it felt wayyyyy to early.

Its really hard to justify purchasing a Boo Bash ticket at these high prices. It looks like there are 2 nights during our stay that the party is offered. Halloween party was 6 hours, this is only 3 and they are expecting people to pay the same price. No parade and no fireworks.

Last edited:
Its really hard to justify purchasing a Boo Bash ticket at these high prices. It looks like there are 2 nights during our stay that the party is offered.
I don’t think I’ll do it. I’m going solo and I only have 2 park days. If my littlest was with me I would probably do it so she could see Jack, but this year probably isn’t the year for me. I think it looks really fun and I don’t think the price is awful when it includes all those rare characters and snacks and trick-or-treat, but I don’t think it looks right for my trip. I hope everyone who goes has a great time!

Did it say food and drinks are included? "
Add to the fun when you chill out with select ice cream novelties and more.
In the midst of all the fun and festivities, take time to refuel with ice cream novelties, popcorn and select beverages—included with the cost of the event—available at carts stationed throughout the park. In addition, you can purchase select menu items at several of the park's dine-in locations."

We are booked at BC from 8/18-8/28. Cannot wait after cancelling last year. We just started the countdown this week with the kids from where we left off last year when we made the decision to cancel.

We thought about doing Boo Bash but with the cost and the late hours I am not sure my kids will be able to hang that late and that would be a lot of wasted money if they were tired and grumpy so I think we will end up passing on that. If the price was a little cheaper I may have considered more.

I really need to sit down and figure out what dining we want this time as the 60 day mark is coming up fast. Maybe this weekend while we are camping I can find some down time to get organized.

Our Disney bin is out and ready for me to start going through it to see what I have and still need to get before our trip. Anyone else have a Disney bin they keep with all their goodies?

Maybe Boo Bash that night?
Confirmed this morning that Aug 14th is not a Boo Bash night. Not sure why it's closing early. Possibly hours will change later?

I believe there is a private party on the 14th -- that's why it's closing early. Someone in a FB group I'm in said it was the company her husband works for so she was sure of the date.

I'm not going to buy the Boo Bash tickets. Too steep for what they're offering. We moved one our MK reservations to the next day so we won't have to leave the park early.

It says you can enter at 7 for the Boo Bash. Problem with that is that the non-ticket holders can still stay in the park until 9. I think the included snacks and beverages are probably on par with the hit chocolate, ect they hand out that the Christmas Party.... 3 hours isn't worth $700 for family of 5...

Boo Bash works if you make that day a non-park day otherwise. With the event an After Hours offering with limited capacity you should be able to walk on (hopefully) most rides and enjoy the other Halloween theming at a price similar to a one-day ticket (on some nights anyway).

If you do not plan to go to Boo Bash it might be the perfect day to go to MK as some may shy away from going to the park on a "party day" making crowds more tolerable... if you have a hopper you can head out and over to another park before the Boo Bash crowds start to arrive.

If you do not plan to go to Boo Bash it might be the perfect day to go to MK as some may shy away from going to the park on a "party day" making crowds more tolerable... if you have a hopper you can head out and over to another park before the Boo Bash crowds start to arrive.
That was definitely true for the halloween party, but that was because the park closed to "regular" guests at 6pm that day. With boo bash, "regular" guests can stay in the park until 9pm. Plus, with the scarcity of park passes, I suspect MK will sell out of park passes those days just there is more demand for MK park passes each week than there is availabilty. I'm not counting on crowds being any lower on boo bash days.

The free boo bash treats for now seem to be the normal ones you get at an after hours (mickey ice cream, popcorn, sodas, waters, etc.) and then the trick or treat candy you would get at MNSSHP. We are still contemplateing going. We can take a day off of our park tickets purchase to offset a little bit of the cost, and just do a Disney Springs/Pool day before the party. If it was a little bit cheaper we would probably pull the trigger, but it seems a bit much so we are not sure yet.

That was definitely true for the halloween party, but that was because the park closed to "regular" guests at 6pm that day. With boo bash, "regular" guests can stay in the park until 9pm. Plus, with the scarcity of park passes, I suspect MK will sell out of park passes those days just there is more demand for MK park passes each week than there is availabilty. I'm not counting on crowds being any lower on boo bash days.
I would agree that crowds will probably be the same on party days and non-party days. MK has been filling to capacity every day for months. I don't anticipate this changing unless they greatly change park capacity and I don't see this happening as they just can't seem to find people to hire to allow them to open more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter