"Official" 2024 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

We’re only doing 3 days in December, so we’ll have Mickey’s party one night, stay till close, and then rope drop Animal Kingdom the next day.

Let’s wish ourselves luck! :)
ohh rope dropping AK ... that's going to be early. Good luck to you too.

We have never been to WDW during the Christmas season and my son really wants to go during his school's winter break as this is our last year where we could realistically make it happen (once he starts high school next year - he has really short breaks). So we are arriving on 12/20 and leaving on 12/24. We cannot leave any earlier than noon on 12/20, so we are on a flight that lands at MCO at 6pm (Flying from NYC). My son would LOVE to do MVMCP and I am thinking we might be able to pull it off. My brother can pick us up from the airport and race us back to the Grand Floridian (staying on DVC points). We can then head straight to MK. We are okay with not riding any/many rides as we are going for a long trip this August and will get to ride plenty. This trip is more about experiencing the parks and resorts in all their Christmas splendor. Even if we get to the party late, it would be fine. I am thinking that the crowds will be much more manageable than going to MK during the day on Saturday. Are we insane? Is this a terrible idea?

We have never been to WDW during the Christmas season and my son really wants to go during his school's winter break as this is our last year where we could realistically make it happen (once he starts high school next year - he has really short breaks). So we are arriving on 12/20 and leaving on 12/24. We cannot leave any earlier than noon on 12/20, so we are on a flight that lands at MCO at 6pm (Flying from NYC). My son would LOVE to do MVMCP and I am thinking we might be able to pull it off. My brother can pick us up from the airport and race us back to the Grand Floridian (staying on DVC points). We can then head straight to MK. We are okay with not riding any/many rides as we are going for a long trip this August and will get to ride plenty. This trip is more about experiencing the parks and resorts in all their Christmas splendor. Even if we get to the party late, it would be fine. I am thinking that the crowds will be much more manageable than going to MK during the day on Saturday. Are we insane? Is this a terrible idea?
In theory, this could work. I just don't trust flights to leave on time anymore.

I don't think you are insane by any means, but I know personally, I would be too anxious during the flight to MCO and don't know if I would welcome that level of stress. By the time your plane lands, the party is about to start, and on top of that, you have to hope for no delays, getting luggage timely, exiting the airport, getting to Disney, and then navigating to inside MK for the party. With this being the last night of the party, tickets are at a premium price, and even if things go your way, you may not make it to the park until 8:30 optimistically, and only have a few hours to enjoy. I think that is something you have to ask, is it worth the price for a shorter version of the party? As you mentioned, I do believe MK will be very crowded the next day (Saturday Dec. 21) due to the Christmas crowds slowly arriving, but more so, because Dec. 20th was the last day of the party and the first time in 2 days where there was no party. With that said, we normally go this time of year, and are going this year and attending MVMCP on Dec. 20 - however, we have gone during this time and not done MVMCP, and MK park days following a party (and the day following the last party) are manageable, and trust me, you will absolutely get a full blown version of Disney Christmas Magic not only at MK but all parks and resorts, outside of MVMCP. There is nothing like being at Disney around Christmas!!!!! Good luck!!!

Cross posting from the MNSSHP thread since I saw MVMCP tickets available as well. Promo seems to be part of Amazon Prime days so it might end today.

Prime members can get 20% off some Viator activities which just happened to include some dates for MNSSHP & MVMCP tickets and worked out to about 14% off what Disney was charging at the AP rate my night (no, discount doesn’t work on normal park tickets before anyone gets too excited).

[YMMV- How-to in case anyone else is considering giving into temptation: search Viator on Amazon, click banner about Viator which takes you to travel deals, click Viator offer on the travel deals, search for the party name, select date, go to cart to see discount, compare to WDW to make sure it’s a good price. I had no issues but others on the gc thread are so I’m calling it YMMV.]

Just checked the Viator/Prime MVMCP tickets. It would cost me $12 more per ticker than my AP discount. Maybe it's the date, or who knows what?

I will be attending this party as a first-timer this autumn. In reference to park admittance at 4:00pm, would I just enter through the party-specific gate using my MB+ and then obtain a party wristband just past the turnstile? And then starting at 7:00pm you are required to wear the party wristband during the official event hours, I assume.

I have zero knowledge of the Christmas parties, but just wanted to say good luck to you! We are going these exact dates but have decided to skip the Christmas party even though we should be at WDW relatively early on 12/20 (driving in the night of the 19th, most of the way if not the whole way). I did also assume the day after the last party will be busy, so I think we are going to shoot for MK on 12/23 and cross our fingers.

I hope everything works out for you and you get to enjoy the party!

Any chance the castle dream lights will return this year? Last xmas we really missed them :sad1:

Thursday 12/19 or Friday 12/20 are the only dates we can attend. Is one better than the other in terms of crowds? Or no difference?

Thursday 12/19 or Friday 12/20 are the only dates we can attend. Is one better than the other in terms of crowds? Or no difference?
All the parties eventually sell out. A Friday night might have more locals who might have preferences that are different from overnight guests, but it’s impossible to say what effect, if any, this might have on your experience.

The thing to consider is that if everything goes to plan, you will be able to enjoy at least some of the party.

But if.. and its a BIG IF, your flight is delayed at all, then your night is done. And considering this will be late December, weather delays are more likely than other times of the year.

If you make the choice to stick with this plan, I would manage expectations carefully - and be fully prepared to miss most/all of the party. How old is your son? How will he feel if circumstances beyond your control cause you to miss the party? Will that put a cloud over the trip overall?

It's not a choice I would personally make. Plenty of holiday magic to see and experience without the timing concern.

If there were going to be any new character meets, would they have announced it early like they did for the Halloween party?

How does VQ work for the party for Tron.
Any way to ride it two times if we get to park around 4.

How does VQ work for the party for Tron.
Any way to ride it two times if we get to park around 4.
They’ve said Tron will be standby for the party. That likely means you could ride twice if you want to spend the time in line.

As for arriving at 4pm, in the window before the party there is no indication that it won’t be the normal virtual queue.

That means you’d need a regular park ticket and to have secured a virtual queue at either 7am or 1pm (the latter from inside the park).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest