"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

A DISer was able to purchase MPLL for their MNSSHP day with no other tickets in their account. LLs for other parks were not allowed.

Link

They’ve been asked some follow up q’s as folks try to verify it and determine if this was a glitch/change. If you want to do this, it might now be worth checking into when your eligibility window for LLs opens up.

Thanks. I've checked the wait times occasionally, and those long wait times are all I have seen. I was hoping maybe there were shorter times and I just haven't seen them. I have also noticed that the last hour or so there is no wait time listed. Does anyone know what time they cut off that line?
For the most part, they tend to cut character lines when they think the existing line will take then up to the end of the party...but not after the party is over. So, it really depends on the current line as to when each line gets cut.

Just in general...lines for characters/rides are always a little lower during the fireworks...we were able to meet Jack and Sally with around a 20 min wait when we got in line just as the fireworks were starting. But, once fireworks are over, everything gets busier.

We went Sunday night (9/29)… was busier than I expected. About 20min wait to get in.

Did about 10 rides. Ate a relaxing dinner at Skipper Canteen.
Saw the 8:15pm parade, and most of the 10pm fireworks. Ducked early to jump in a 15MIN wait for Tron!!!

Did Tron 1x
7DMT 3x
Tiana 1x
BTMRR 2x
Peter Pan 1x

Honestly, if you just want to do every major ride only once, arriving at 6pm and staying to close is sufficient.

Wait times 4-6pm were about 20-35min.

From 945-10pm, wait times were 10-15min

You can walk on Tron or 7DMT in the last 15min.

We went Sunday night (9/29)… was busier than I expected. About 20min wait to get in.

Did about 10 rides. Ate a relaxing dinner at Skipper Canteen.
Saw the 8:15pm parade, and most of the 10pm fireworks. Ducked early to jump in a 15MIN wait for Tron!!!

Did Tron 1x
7DMT 3x
Tiana 1x
BTMRR 2x
Peter Pan 1x

Honestly, if you just want to do every major ride only once, arriving at 6pm and staying to close is sufficient.

Wait times 4-6pm were about 20-35min.

From 945-10pm, wait times were 10-15min

You can walk on Tron or 7DMT in the last 15min.
That is good to know!

I'm freaking out a little as my entire trip next week - incl 2 MNSSHP - is currently forecast for 1/2" to 1.5" of rain every day ......60% to 90% chance of rain day and night. :umbrella: :sad2:

trying to figure out a strategy that will not make the trip feel like a waste of money.........

I'm freaking out a little as my entire trip next week - incl 2 MNSSHP - is currently forecast for 1/2" to 1.5" of rain every day ......60% to 90% chance of rain day and night.
So glad u posted. I had checked AccuWeather this morning and just a few days chance of showers.

Pulled clothes to pack all afternoon & now temps are lower too lol. Back to drawing board.

It could still change. Unfortunately, may be another tropical event.

We do A week at U for HHN, then WDW; no forecast yet there for our party

I've been following this thread for months but for the life of me, I cannot recall what time Mickey starts meeting with guests in his Halloween outfit. Does anyone know? Thanks

I'm freaking out a little as my entire trip next week - incl 2 MNSSHP - is currently forecast for 1/2" to 1.5" of rain every day ......60% to 90% chance of rain day and night. :umbrella: :sad2:

trying to figure out a strategy that will not make the trip feel like a waste of money.........
Florida rain events just cannot be forecasted with that kind of specificity this far out. Even if it is some kind of tropical wave, it will almost certainly change as to timing, amounts, etc, between now and next week. Don’t start freaking out yet.

We went Sunday 9-29. We arrived at 4pm. It was *very* hot and humid (but hey - it's Florida) 🤪
Pack fans/towels/umbrellas - we had nothing with us and regretted it. I felt so bad for people wearing velvet or heavy costumes.
I would have fainted in the heat!

We had Haunted Burgers and that Halloween donut shake or whatever they were called at Plaza Restaurant (We snagged a 4:10 PM) reservation weeks in advance).

We road on:
Aladdins Carpet
Pirates of the Caribbean
Tiana's Bayou Adventure: *PRO TIP get in line right at 6pm to be one of the first groups to board. We only waited about 15 minutes total! Also, DO NOT sit in the front row of TBA if you want to stay dry. We were in the first row and were soaked head to toe for the entire party - not a fun vibe!
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
*Edited to add: Haunted Mansion we got stuck for 10 minutes LOL I think that's why I blocked it from my memory! 👻
Jungle Cruise was closed for refurbishment

Grabbed candy at a bunch of the places lol. The only bad thing is a lot of the candy places especially Columbia Harbor House had a lot of wasted space looping guests around and around just to get a scoop of candy. It was a bit nutty. We wasted about 15 minutes in there!

You do need to FOCUS on what you want to get out of the party. If it's character meet & greets, or rides etc.
It's almost impossible to "do it all" in one party. Although we admitedly went into the party not really planning it all out.

One more *PRO TIP: We went to the early parade at 8:15PM and were in between Frontierland and Liberty Square by the popcorn stand that sold Mickey Halloween Popcorn Buckets. One of the castmembers let us watch the parade directly in front of the popcorn stand. We got there last minute too so it was really a great spot! *I circled it on the map...
My husband had the halloween Mickey popcorn bucket and we watched the parade like a boss 🤩🤣

parade map.png

Last edited:
The party only food listed for Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table are only available for those who have reservations at those places, correct?

Anyone have FOMO? I was hoping to get a trip in to go to the party finally. It didn't work out. Now I've got FOMO after getting all excited about going. Next year for sure!

They’re not “meeting.” It’s a treat trail and they are on either side of the queue indoors and interact with guests. It was very well done when I was there in August. It was Maleficient and the Evil Queen when I was there.
We went to the party on 9/22 and they were still inside Princess Fairytale Hall's treat trail. Still not not advertised, and there were only 2 other guests in front of us because we wait until near the end of the night to trick or treat.

Florida rain events just cannot be forecasted with that kind of specificity this far out. Even if it is some kind of tropical wave, it will almost certainly change as to timing, amounts, etc, between now and next week. Don’t start freaking out yet.

How soon in advance can you tell? We are leaving Saturday for a trip Sunday-Friday, and I am really nervous especially because we are going with somebody who has never gone, and I really wanted them to be able to see Fantasmic, do the halloween party Tuesday, etc....

How soon in advance can you tell? We are leaving Saturday for a trip Sunday-Friday, and I am really nervous especially because we are going with somebody who has never gone, and I really wanted them to be able to see Fantasmic, do the halloween party Tuesday, etc....
We are in a similar discussion. Being to Disney much more often, just seeing the forecasts for next week to have up to 8+ inches of rain would mean almost everything is cancelled. Looking at different ideas of seeing if we can just reschedule to a later timeframe.

I don't know much about Florida weather, how much is 8 inches of rain? Will it be raining all day or just occasional downpours (Ive gone before where it would rain for an hour and then be fine the rest of the day)? Its not definite yet, right? This is three people in a row talking about canceling their trip for next week which has me feeling really disheartened. Is it going to be that bad?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest