"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Was just going to post about Halloween being sold out, but just saw the posts. Happy I decided to snag ours early through Undercover Tourist. Will be our first Halloween party ever at a Disney Park which has been on my wife's bucket list since forever! I think our 5-year-old and 2-year-old are going to have a blast as well :)

One question for the veterans that has kind of been somewhat addressed above, but we weren't originally planning on attending a park on that Friday so as to relax a little before we do the 5K Wine and Dine the next morning (and considering the cost of the party is not cheap), but wondering if it makes sense to avoid the main gate lineup and wait with the youngins by doing parks that day as reportedly MK is less busy during the day on party days. We were originally holding out to do Magic Kingdom for most of the day on Sunday Nov 2nd in hopes of seeing it for Christmas too. Any thoughts or suggestions from the seasoned party veterans? :)

Was just going to post about Halloween being sold out, but just saw the posts. Happy I decided to snag ours early through Undercover Tourist. Will be our first Halloween party ever at a Disney Park which has been on my wife's bucket list since forever! I think our 5-year-old and 2-year-old are going to have a blast as well :)

One question for the veterans that has kind of been somewhat addressed above, but we weren't originally planning on attending a park on that Friday so as to relax a little before we do the 5K Wine and Dine the next morning (and considering the cost of the party is not cheap), but wondering if it makes sense to avoid the main gate lineup and wait with the youngins by doing parks that day as reportedly MK is less busy during the day on party days. We were originally holding out to do Magic Kingdom for most of the day on Sunday Nov 2nd in hopes of seeing it for Christmas too. Any thoughts or suggestions from the seasoned party veterans? :)

Our typical party season strategy always involves actually doing MK on a party day we won’t be attending to take advantage of the insanely low waits, and doing the actual party on a separate day. I have rope dropped and properly toured before attending the party the same night—I did it solo last year—but even with a resort break in the middle of the day it was just way too exhausting. I had to totally scrap my plans for the day after bc I was so wiped. I really really don’t recommend it.

In September we plan on doing the tried and true. It’s helped by the fact that there are EEH on our arrival day. We plan on that and the first party day of our trip to take care of our regular MK touring, and will attend the party on our last night.

Scott Gustin just reported on Twitter that Halloween night has sold out. That’s 6 weeks earlier than last year.

This just doesn't make sense to me. Travel by all reports is slower this year compared the post-covid crazy. Party price is the same as last year at a not cheap $200pp so it's not like there is a deal to be had here, unless some 3rd party seller screwed up and sold tickets underpriced. Halloween is on Thurs so that's nothing special. Didn't Disney say on their last call they're expecting slightly lower/leveling off attendance for the rest of the year WDW?

Like, did Disney drop party capacity? That seems so far fetched- but if I wanted a party ticket to any party this year I'd be buying now just in case this is what happened.

...Of course my favorite dark horse vote for things that don't make sense is Disney IT :rolleyes:

This just doesn't make sense to me. Travel by all reports is slower this year compared the post-covid crazy. Party price is the same as last year at a not cheap $200pp so it's not like there is a deal to be had here, unless some 3rd party seller screwed up and sold tickets underpriced. Halloween is on Thurs so that's nothing special. Didn't Disney say on their last call they're expecting slightly lower/leveling off attendance for the rest of the year WDW?

Like, did Disney drop party capacity? That seems so far fetched- but if I wanted a party ticket to any party this year I'd be buying now just in case this is what happened.

...Of course my favorite dark horse vote for things that don't make sense is Disney IT :rolleyes:
I hopped back on the bird site and interestingly Gustin deleted that initial tweet bc he said the app was apparently still letting people buy tickets despite the website showing a sellout. It could well be IT.

But! Even tho I definitely agree that it’s weird given the projections of slowdowns, I don’t think that actually makes much difference wrt the Halloween party bc it’s so wildly popular. And I’m also inclined to agree with Tom Bricker’s recent theory that people have begun to use Halloween party tickets as a substitute for a regular park day. The word has absolutely gotten out that you can get in early in part bc Disney has done a good job of advertising it, lines have gotten crazier and crazier at 4pm.

If we wanted to go last minute in our trip on a Sunday....would we be able to still get tickets or has it gotten to the point it's sold out. We will be going in Sept.
I would not count on making a last minute decision to attend a party.

If you look at the 2023 MNSSHP Thread you can see when each party sold out but as we’re already seeing, what happens one year in no way indicates when parties will sell out the following year. That being said, historically for the past number of years ALL parties have sold out.

Just talking out loud, but I’d tend to think a Thursday party this year vs. a Tuesday party last year could definitely sway things. Thursday night is basically the weekend the way some people work/view the world these days, or it’s close enough to make a long weekend out of it. Plus Wine & Dine Half Marathon is that weekend - you can go to the Thursday night party and wake up (or just not even sleep!) and go run the 5k that Friday. Last year you still had a few days in between. I’m not doing Wine & Dine weekend this year but if I were, I know that 10/31 party would be temptingly close!

Just talking out loud, but I’d tend to think a Thursday party this year vs. a Tuesday party last year could definitely sway things. Thursday night is basically the weekend the way some people work/view the world these days, or it’s close enough to make a long weekend out of it. Plus Wine & Dine Half Marathon is that weekend - you can go to the Thursday night party and wake up (or just not even sleep!) and go run the 5k that Friday. Last year you still had a few days in between. I’m not doing Wine & Dine weekend this year but if I were, I know that 10/31 party would be temptingly close!
Ooooohhh! Wine & Dine, nice connect. Alright, I’m coming around to this might not be as crazy as it seemed…

PLEASE READ:

Now that we have a Sold Out party we need to post our annual reminder:

Disney MNSSHP tickets are non-transferable.

IMG_7086.jpeg

A sold out party is a sold out party except for very, very rare instances where more tickets become available through the Disney website. (Occasionally this happens in extreme circumstances when something like a hurricane is brewing so many guests are cancelling their party tickets.)

ADVERTISING TO SELL OR PURCHASE TICKETS IS NOT PERMITTED ON DISBOARDS. Any such posts will be deleted and warning points may be awarded.

Also, as is often asked, if party tickets are sold out on the Disney website/app, they are also sold out when phoning Disney and through third-party vendors.

If you are unable to attend a party to which you have purchased tickets, please contact Disney to make alternate arrangements. Historically they allow guests to retain those funds in their Disney account to use towards a future hard-ticket event.

I don’t see why not, people can wear face masks like that for medical reasons year-round. As long as the top half of your face is still visible, you should be fine.
Thanks it would be easy to take on and off, think the family wants to do hocus pocus this year. We have done snow white, toy story, wreck it ralph, and sleeping beauty the past 4 years lol.

MNSSHP is one of Disney’s most popular events, possibly the most popular one. I’m not shocked.

I wonder if they’ll decide to add an 11/1 party after all.
I would not count on it. I don’t believe extra dates have been added in the past. All dates are published at the same time and guests have the opportunity to purchase tickets.

As soon as Halloween is done, the transformation to Christmas begins. These dates would have been on the books for months so adding an additional party is not an easy thing to do.

Yes, there was a party on Nov 1.2023 but that date was announced in the spring when all party dates were announced, it was not added later.

I pulled the trigger for 10/4. I am probably overthinking it, but the fact that 10/31 sold out quickly convinced me to not drag my feet. Now that I have purchased - it probably won’t sell out until September. lol

By the way - the mousesavers link gave me an extra $1/off each ticket. So all in all -

$743.78 for 2 adults and 2 kids. That beats every other rate I could find.

Wow! I was contemplating getting them last week but thought I had more time. That’s what I get for putting it off.

Undercovertourist still shows availability for 10/31. It let me add them to the cart, but I didn’t go any further. Other reports suggest this won’t work, but it is certainly worth a try….nothing to lose.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter