"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, question, I was just watching a MVMCP live stream and saw the end of the parade. I saw some people watching the parade from the second story balcony of a building. It was near/at the corner of Main and Town Square. Is that for a dessert party, special invite only? Or just another viewing area available to the public just subject to space availability?
Thanks!

Wow busy night at MVMCP. So we kept meeting characters. After Jack Sparrow we moved over to see the Geanie and Jasmine. Line was long but they spent a lot of time with each group and I’m good with that. Just has it was getting to be our turn they swapped out to Aladdin and Abu which turned out great since I had never meet Abu. They were great. We then beat the rush getting over to Winnie the Pooh and gang just before the first parade. OMG don’t get stuck in that mess lololololol. Wall to wall people but we made it across. After Pooh we tried a few of the free treats and then bought a few of the specialty snacks and dinner. Watched the fireworks and now waiting on Main Street for the 11pm parade. After that we’ll try to see Mickey at town hall if it’s not to crazy. I will say that the only way to see and do everything is to go to multiple parties but it’s been a ton of fun. You just have to decide on what you want to do and enjoy. Hope you all have a wonderful time at your parties. I know we did.

Wow busy night at MVMCP. So we kept meeting characters. After Jack Sparrow we moved over to see the Geanie and Jasmine. Line was long but they spent a lot of time with each group and I’m good with that. Just has it was getting to be our turn they swapped out to Aladdin and Abu which turned out great since I had never meet Abu. They were great. We then beat the rush getting over to Winnie the Pooh and gang just before the first parade. OMG don’t get stuck in that mess lololololol. Wall to wall people but we made it across. After Pooh we tried a few of the free treats and then bought a few of the specialty snacks and dinner. Watched the fireworks and now waiting on Main Street for the 11pm parade. After that we’ll try to see Mickey at town hall if it’s not to crazy. I will say that the only way to see and do everything is to go to multiple parties but it’s been a ton of fun. You just have to decide on what you want to do and enjoy. Hope you all have a wonderful time at your parties. I know we did.
what time did you get to Main Street for second parade?

Update time! So I know I was planning on wearing my Disney Christmas sweater buuuuuut....

BBC5DDEF-7E21-4060-A526-939FDA6F5BF2.jpeg

I picked up these elf PJ’s for me and my brother at Target tonight. He was planning on dressing like an elf at the party, so these are perfect for him. Couldn’t resist grabbing one for me. I think I might do it! We’ve never done matching outfits before. Looks like I’ll be in the PJ crowd. Lol! They’re a very light material.

Wow busy night at MVMCP. So we kept meeting characters. After Jack Sparrow we moved over to see the Geanie and Jasmine. Line was long but they spent a lot of time with each group and I’m good with that. Just has it was getting to be our turn they swapped out to Aladdin and Abu which turned out great since I had never meet Abu.
I thought Genie and Abu were together? :( Sad...…...looking to get Genie and Abu...…….in one try...…..now two? I'll live :) It's DISNEY!!!:santa:

Doug :goofy:

To get your party wristband do they just scan your magic band or do you need to show your confirmation number?

To get your party wristband do they just scan your magic band or do you need to show your confirmation number?
Scanning your MagicBand should suffice if everything is linked properly through MDE and you see the MVMCP entitlements listed on each guest.

However, I always bring my e-mail with the confirmation number in the event something goes wrong.

Having a blast. Lines haven’t been bad to see some of the favorites for us. Jack and Sally we were in line at 4:05 and were done at 4:30. Then went over to get our Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card and then went to Moana and we were in line at 5:10 and we’re done at 5:50 and then headed over to Mary Poppins who didn’t start till 7pm. They were fantastic and we’re done by 7:10 Now we walked over to Jack Sparrow and there’s about 20 in line so we should be done by 7:30. All in all it’s been very easy to meet the characters. I’ll continue to provide updates through the night.
Do you know what time Moana started meeting?

I’m thinking that was just the 1 night. I’m thinking (and I’m no expert) that they probably let way too many people into Tony’s than what is normally allowed or what would sell. They want the free press unfortunately.

I’m a bit doubtful that I’ll be getting that coveted castle view down main street view. I’m confident I’ll have a nice curb spot elsewhere in the viewing area no problem. As long as no one puts a kid up on their shoulders in front of me I’m good.

My brother and I can eat, and will be eating and drinking (not him, he’s only 18. He’ll drink his weight in hot chocolate though). I’ll be there, let me know if you decide to go! I’ll be taking in quite a bit of wine to help me forget the price LOL
I’ll be there 12/16 as well.

We spent yesterday afternoon in the MK before MVMCP last night. We happened to be in The Emporium around 2 something in the afternoon and noticed there was a roped off section of party shirts and other things. If you could show some type of proof that you had party tickets for that night such as an e-mail confirmation or what was sent by snail mail you could buy the items then which is what we did.

One of the reasons I chose them is because I was out before the party even technically started and could still get in line for another character. (I also love Eeyore so I was so happy to meet them!)
I can’t figure out how to post a picture but here’s a link to the Disney blog post! It’s the second picture in the post on the left :)

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...es-during-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

Oh my goodness, thank you! (We won't discuss how I have already read this article and totally forgot about this shot! :sad2:)

Last night many CMs thought that the Tony's parade viewing area was supposed to be reserved for both parades, not just the second. Around 7:30 last night, some cast members cleared that area, then maybe 10 minutes later said it was a mistake and let people go back that had been waiting or let new people in.

I went to the 11/12 party. I went in with a little bit of a plan but was able to do more than expected. The lines weren’t bad at all! I know my plan isn’t the best, but it shows you can do some stuff at the party. We didn’t rush through anything and took the night pretty slowly, and still got what I think was my money’s worth! The treat lines had minimal waits. Even if there were a lot of people, the lines moved very quickly.

We were already in the park and ate around 3:30 with no lines at Casey’s or Columbia Harbor House (there were also no lines when we were done eating).

4:45 Got wristbands from Philharmagic with no line

5:00 got sorcerers of magic kingdom card with no wait

5:10 made it to the back tunnel. This was pretty crowded. There were 5-10 groups in front of us for most photo spots but the ornament had at least 15 groups and we chose to skip it. (The had PhotoPass with a wreath, nutcracker, a tree, and the MVMCP red ornament. PhotoPass was great about being efficient so the lines went quickly). They were selling some merch at a cart, which had no line. This is also where we got our Santa Mickey cookie. There were a lot of people in the tunnel. We stopped for 2 photos and were out at 5:22.

5:45 rode Many Adventures Winnie the Pooh with our fp (at this point, 7D meet was 2 hours long according to cm)

6:05 got in line for Tigger and friends with 1 group in front of us. They started meeting at 6:30, which is exactly when they came out. (We were done meeting them at 6:34)

I got a cookie from storybook circus at this time. A lot of people but I didn’t have to wait at all.

6:40 in line to meet Scrooge and Donald (started meeting at 7). I counted somewhere between 15-20 groups in front of us. Met them at 7:22

7:30 were in front of the castle for mickeys most merriest. Not too bad if looking at castle on the right side once you got past the parade crowds (which were already about 5 rows deep in front of the castle at this point).

Watched most merriest at 7:40 and castle lighting at 8:15 from same spot (done around 8:25)

Took pictures on the side of the castle with a cookie magic shot

8:45 Club tinsel with reindeer

8:50 treats from Cosmic Ray’s (a crowd, but no wait)

8:55 got in line for space mountain (posted 15 minute wait, but aside from walking the que only about a 5 minute wait) - off at 9:04

9:18 got snow cone and cookie from auntie gravity’s (a couple minute wait - lots of people but moved quickly)

9:30 - in line for space ranger spin- posted 10 or 15, on at 9:38

9:50 got treats from storybook treats (walked right up) and got spots for fireworks behind castle (definitely a good amount of people there, but there was room. It filled in once fireworks started. Most people sat so everyone could see)

10:20 got to Gaston’s for the egg nog treat but it was closed (I later found out it’s not sold at Gaston’s)

10:26 treats from village hause (lots of people but the cms were great about moving the line through!) - one of my favorite stops!

10:33 got spots for parade in Frontierland on the other side of the street of Diamond Horseshoe. Loved our spots!! We got the entertainment of the band before the parade and the country bears were walking around. We probably could have waited another 10 or 15 minutes to get seats so I went to Tortuga tavern for treats and met some of the country bears. The line was almost non existent for the pretzels. Also got my picture with the green ornament by haunted mansion and Columbia harbor house.

11:07 parade got to us and the last float and rope passed us at 11:25

Took my picture in Adventureland with the a frame with presents/gifts on it. Also got a Christmas Tink magic shot in my hand.

11:41 village hause treat stop (they were out of Fanta at this point) and my grandma went to storybook stop again (no line).

Made our way out right before the last castle show started. Some of the lines for photos on Main Street were long, though one or two photographers only had a couple people in line. However, when we exited we didn’t see the snow falling. Must have caught it when it wasn’t going off?

We got a bus back to our resort almost immediately.

I went in only expecting to get treats, meet Pooh and friends, and watch the shows. I was pleasantly surprised at the short wait times for attractions and the times people lined up for Tigger and friends and Scrooge and Donald! Even 7D and PPF had relatively short waits (I think I saw 7D at 30).

Thank you for the TR and I'm glad you were happy with your night. Quick question though, did you have a centre view for the castle show at 7:40 or was it off to the side? I'm trying to find out how early I should show up to get front row or any other really good spot for it. Thanks.

Can anyone attest to how crowded the Hub is for the 6:15 Castle lighting? We'll be walking up from the Fantasyland Bridge with our group about 10 minutes before, but didn't know if it will be jam packed in the Hub by that time . . . Would we be better to watch from further back?

How deep were the crowds behind those on the curb? I don't necessarily have to be on the curb but don't want to be way far back either
3-4 deep in most places. They have tape on the sidewalk to keep poeople from getting too deep and blocking the walk ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter