"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Thx for posting I am thinking I just might order the 1 day PhotoPass for the party

In years past, we've left the party via the bypass and that was all the trick or treating we needed- they were handing candy out by the buckets and our bags were overflowing just from that/ so no need to use party time to trick or treat. Does it still work this way?

In years past, we've left the party via the bypass and that was all the trick or treating we needed- they were handing candy out by the buckets and our bags were overflowing just from that/ so no need to use party time to trick or treat. Does it still work this way?
Where is this bypass that everyone keeps speaking of?

No. The bypass is only open roughly from 4pm - 6pm.

Where is this bypass that everyone keeps speaking of?

Some people arriving at Magic Kingdom between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm have a regular ticket, and some just have a MNSSHP ticket. Those with a MNSSHP ticket are filtered into a particular area to segregate them from the others. They are given a treat bag and a starter pack of candy. There are photo ops there. Possibly also merch? I arrived after 6:00, when the only people entering the park were those that had a MNSSHP ticket, so we were not directed anywhere in particular.

Last night was our first party ever and our only MK day for this trip so my expectations were exceedingly high. The weather was dreadful not normal Florida rain.

We got there at around 5 entered MK @ 545

First CM encounter was a little strange—-everyone seemed so confused because of the weather.

A lot more crowded than I imagined but no ride had an exceedingly long wait time. Rode everything expect pirates, splash mountain and thunder.

Candy

Carousel of progress seemed to be the only
Long wait and it wasn’t a wait just a long line that was moving and this was early 645. Two kids both have three bags filled with candy and I have two bags. The candy was amazing. I don’t eat or care for candy that much but the haul is always a good vibe. Best part of the party if you ask me.

Parade

First for my six year old dd which we stood at the end of Main Street she saw all Floats but none of the other moving parts of parade bc I didn’t have time to invest an hr staking out a good spot.

Fireworks

We Literally got on SM line @ 945 exited @ 10:15 sat right there on beach and saw fireworks clearly. Such an awesome view.

Characters

Cinderella and surprise had no wait I have a picture of my older daughter on a regular day waiting 2 hours on this line she pepped talked her little sister and said it’s Cinderella it Won’t be easy. We walk In no line no Wait and they spoke to my Daughter for at least five minutes. The surprise was Elena. Even my almost 16 yo Dd was impressed. Goofy by Circus area 10 minute wait. Cinderella’s sisters walking around and found my DD.

Last

it all depends on what your priorities are. I booked the party without telling the kids to
Squeeze an MK day so it was a plus. The party seemed to be background to them. My Older daughter was happy no crowd, candy and MK —- my younger daughter was happy to be dressed up, getting more candy than her sister and seeing Cinderella.

Characters were the least important so we didn’t have touE limited time waiting Theo pictures of the characters. Character lines seemed to be the longest waits. Like hours!!!

Some people arriving at Magic Kingdom between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm have a regular ticket, and some just have a MNSSHP ticket. Those with a MNSSHP ticket are filtered into a particular area to segregate them from the others. They are given a treat bag and a starter pack of candy. There are photo ops there. Possibly also merch? I arrived after 6:00, when the only people entering the park were those that had a MNSSHP ticket, so we were not directed anywhere in particular.

This confuses me. Why would those with mnsshp tickets only be segregated from anyone else entering after 4? I have an AP and my grandson has a hopper along with the party ticket, but we want to go through the bypass for the photo ops etc. Is this a waste of time?

This confuses me. Why would those with mnsshp tickets only be segregated from anyone else entering after 4? I have an AP and my grandson has a hopper along with the party ticket, but we want to go through the bypass for the photo ops etc. Is this a waste of time?

Anyone with a party ticket can go through the bypass. I think the poster meant that some are still entering with day tickets (no MNSSHP tickets) from 4:00-6:00pm, so those folks don't get to go through the bypass.

5 minutes for us but we lucked out and we’re in the area just as the queen was coming out, for the people behind us after the line formed, maybe 30 minutes?

Oh that's fine too! 30 minutes is the utmost limit of my patience so not sure how many characters I'll end up meeting

If you want to meet characters with a short line, I met Cinderella and Elena of... Avalon? Avatar? wherever she's from... between 6:30 and 7:00 with no wait at all. Just one family ahead of me. They are at their regular spot. They are not there just for the party. They are like a ride -- after the park closes at 6:00 they are still there, but you must show your wristband to get in to see them. You might want to try that as a test to see you your kid does with characters, since it shouldn't take a lot of time.

If you just want pictures and not Magic Shots, remember that the photopass photographers can use your phone or camera, so you don't have to pay for Memory Maker. If you want Magic Shots, you need Memory Maker or a friend with an Annual Pass. If you are connected through Friends and Family with someone who has an Annual Pass, they will see your pictures in their My Disney Experience account and can download them for free.

Most people don't like my suggestion, but I loved watching the fireworks from Frontierland, next to the water, across from Country Bears. I just walked right up and had no one in front of me.

Skip the bypass. I believe it closes at 6:00 anyway. You can get photos elsewhere. You can get candy bags at the trick or treat spots.

Doing the rides is important to you, so what's your plan for dealing with the candy while you are on the rides? Will you have a backpack or something that you put the candy bag in while you ride? Or will you do rides first, then get candy?

If you want to save time, don't go into Starbucks/Main Street Bakery. It's always slow.

Can you see the projections from Frontierland? This is our first party so I would like to see them. Thanks!

Has anyone who is dvc gone in at 2pm? It's one of the perks according to the website. Was wondering if cm were aware of it or lumping everyone in to 4pm

Has anyone who is dvc gone in at 2pm? It's one of the perks according to the website. Was wondering if cm were aware of it or lumping everyone in to 4pm
CM’s are aware and are letting DVC in early. I am not DVC, but I’ve entered the last two parties between 2:30-3:00 with my AP and I’ve seen DVC people getting in.

CM’s are aware and are letting DVC in early. I am not DVC, but I’ve entered the last two parties between 2:30-3:00 with my AP and I’ve seen DVC people getting in.

You still go to one of the wristband places at 4 as an AP holder? Just double checking because I'll be in with friends until about the 4pm time for me to get my wristband, then they have to leave to get home to their puppies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter