******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
still am interested in the two qs for a ts meal. That would be really neat. Now we gotta find out if that rumor heard was real or not.

still am interested in the two qs for a ts meal. That would be really neat. Now we gotta find out if that rumor heard was real or not.

I seriously doubt it's real. It's never been the case before. Disney wouldn't change dining rules in the middle of the year. And it's probably just someone who's confused! They post something like that, someone runs with it, and suddenly it pops up here and there. But absolutely no basis for it.

Hi everyone!

I am from Canada and I need the help of my expert friends from DISboards. We are 2 adults, a 7 year old and a 4 year old.

We will be at Disney Pop pop from september 29th to october 7th.

I booked a package temporarely including tickets and regular dining plan. We absolutly don't need park hopper or park hopper plus. Currently it's sitting at a price tag of 4 800$

I just checked based on the information on the rumors about the free dining (and the need to get park hopper plus) and if I would change my package to regular free dining (Add Park hopper plus and extra for regular free dining)
My new price tag would be 4 000$ (3213$ for room and tickets + 384$ park hopper plus + 403$ difference between RDP and QSDP)

But until may 20th there is a deal for Canadian resident offering a significant discount on theme park tickets (More than 25% off) So if would book just a preferred room at Disney pop (1 418$) and add 9 days of tickets for the whole family (1 140$) my total would be 2 558$. So that would give me a 1 442 $ saving compared to the free dining promotion as described.

If I don't mind about park hopper should I take the Canadian resident promotion? Am I missing something?

Will my FP+ reservations go from 60 days prior to 30 days prior?
I already booked all my 9 sitting restaurants (I really want to keep O'hana and Be our guest the rest I don't really mind). Will I lose my reservations?

Thank you very much in advance for the help you can provide me to decide what I should do!

I seriously doubt it's real. It's never been the case before. Disney wouldn't change dining rules in the middle of the year. And it's probably just someone who's confused! They post something like that, someone runs with it, and suddenly it pops up here and there. But absolutely no basis for it.

You absolutely can. So what that means is each day with a QS meal plan you get 2 QS credits (ideally 1 for each meal) and 2 snack credits. You can use 2 QS credits for a 1 TS credit meal. So if you actually used the plan as it is stated on a day by day basis, instead of having 2 meals and 2 snacks, you would have 1 meal and 2 snacks. This would have to be done at a 1 TS credit restaurant (Hollywood and Vine at HS is a 1 credit TS meal, but Cinderella's Royal Table at MK is a 2 TS credit meal) When you get into the whole leftover credits thing it gets more confusing, but does that make sense?

Meant to reply to you and messed up! See below:

You absolutely can. So what that means is each day with a QS meal plan you get 2 QS credits (ideally 1 for each meal) and 2 snack credits. You can use 2 QS credits for a 1 TS credit meal. So if you actually used the plan as it is stated on a day by day basis, instead of having 2 meals and 2 snacks, you would have 1 meal and 2 snacks. This would have to be done at a 1 TS credit restaurant (Hollywood and Vine at HS is a 1 credit TS meal, but Cinderella's Royal Table at MK is a 2 TS credit meal) When you get into the whole leftover credits thing it gets more confusing, but does that make sense?

You absolutely can. So what that means is each day with a QS meal plan you get 2 QS credits (ideally 1 for each meal) and 2 snack credits.

Please note the dining plans are per NIGHT not per day. 2 QS meals and 2 snacks per night.

As for combining two QS meals to make one TS...if you call Disney and ask, they will say you can't do it.

Hi everyone!

I am from Canada and I need the help of my expert friends from DISboards. We are 2 adults, a 7 year old and a 4 year old.

I booked a package temporarely including tickets and regular dining plan. We absolutly don't need park hopper or park hopper plus. Currently it's sitting at a price tag of 4 800$

I just checked based on the information on the rumors about the free dining (and the need to get park hopper plus) and if I would change my package to regular free dining (Add Park hopper plus and extra for regular free dining)
My new price tag would be 4 000$ (3213$ for room and tickets + 384$ park hopper plus + 403$ difference between RDP and QSDP)

But until may 20th there is a deal for Canadian resident offering a significant discount on theme park tickets (More than 25% off) So if would book just a preferred room at Disney pop (1 418$) and add 9 days of tickets for the whole family (1 140$) my total would be 2 558$. So that would give me a 1 442 $ saving compared to the free dining promotion as described.

If I don't mind about park hopper should I take the Canadian resident promotion? Am I missing something?

I already booked all my 9 sitting restaurants (I really want to keep O'hana and Be our guest the rest I don't really mind). Will I lose my reservations?

Thank you very much in advance for the help you can provide me to decide what I should do!
You won't lose your ADRs and you will still get to book fastpasses at 60 days because you're on property, but your scenario with POP and the Canadian tickets don't include a dining package so you'd still have to figure food into the savings

Please note the dining plans are per NIGHT not per day. 2 QS meals and 2 snacks per night.

As for combining two QS meals to make one TS...if you call Disney and ask, they will say you can't do it.

You are correct and I misspoke about "per day". It is per night... but when we were there we were able to use 2 QS for 1 TS, and that was about 6 months ago. Maybe 2017 has changed?

If I modify online, does this count as a new reservation? I have gc from CBR and don't want to lose them when I add a promo.

I do not have a definitive answer but I did take a reservation for a rack rate at Wilderness lodge vacation package and then just yesterday changed the reservation using the link under "my reservations" for the summer offer (dates, dining and everything was the same expect it was the summer offer) and all my dining reservations remained.

Unfortunately, no. You cannot use 2 CS for 1 TS, Disney does not let you 'trade up'. You can trade 1 CS (or 1 TS) for 3 snacks, and some CMs will allow you to use 1 TS for 1 CS (very hit or miss), but you can not turn any CS meals in for a TS.

$63/cost would be per DAY, not for the whole trip, to upgrade the dining if you have 3 Disney adults...

Yes, I know. I'm crunching numbers for comparison based on a per day cost. Room + gift cards + dining. I find day numbers easier to work with than packaging the whole week up!

You are correct and I misspoke about "per day". It is per night... but when we were there we were able to use 2 QS for 1 TS, and that was about 6 months ago. Maybe 2017 has changed?

Not sure what you actually did. But this is NOT allowed. Many, many people have tried. No one's ever been able to. Not now, not in the past. I would hate people to go into this thinking they'd be able to do that and be disappointed! As someone else mentioned, you can trade 1 QS or TS for 3 snacks. Sometimes you can use a leftover TS as a CS credit. But you will NOT be able to use 2 QS and trade up to 1 TS. Just won't work.

Has anyone else ever had experience doing this? I have never heard of anyone doing this before. I know you can use TS for QS and you can "break down" (for lack of better word) 1 QS into 2-3 snack credits, but I have never heard about using QS for TS meals. Anyone??

You won't lose your ADRs and you will still get to book fastpasses at 60 days because you're on property, but your scenario with POP and the Canadian tickets don't include a dining package so you'd still have to figure food into the savings

Thank you very much!! You are right I need to calculate food expenses to see if it's worth it. Thanks.

Im confused. My TA said I must buy PH for the length of my stay.Staying nine days.Are you saying I dont have to buy 9 day PH? I have. Magic your way pkg.

Yo don't have to buy park hopper for the length of your stay, just the length of your ticket. E.g. We have an 8 night stay but are only buying park tickets for 4 days. So we would have to buy park hopper to cover all 4 days.
Park hopper is a one off price. So to add it to one day is very expensive but if you're adding it to 5 or more days, the cost spread out amongst the days is minimal.

Hi everyone!

First if u have sitting reservations and you don't have park hopper u need align u r park dates with dinning reservations dates. I like flexibility of park hopper...

Generally park hopper price will cover approx two days of each person QSDP.

And 25% discount of ticket can cover 3 more days of QSDP..

Still u require four more days of QSDP.. I am not sure if u r math is correct or not..
And also remember character meals will cost more for kid's if u r paying OOP compared to 25 USD DDP..

Last edited:
Hey! Jumping on board.... Not sure if this has been mentioned, has anyone heard if FD will be released early for Disney Visa? TIA
Surprising my fiancée with his first trip!!!! :)

Historically the offer is not released earlier to DVisa holders but they usually get extra dates that free dining covers compared to GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter