Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Speaking of Sparkle Skirts, because I missed out on that last night, I just got shipping notification for my newest! I swore I wouldn't buy anything new until Princess, but that lonely Carnivale in my size needed a good home... DH is going to send me to Sparkle Jail for sure!

I also can't do all carry on. Mostly becaues my crazy, curly hair needs too much product for the new TSA rules! :rotfl2: So I pack all of my race gear: costumes, shoes, socks and undies in my carry on. Then I pack everything else in mmy checked bag. Plenty of room for my purchases going home. I actually have a packing spreadsheet. I have a list of days and outfits and costumes as applicable for the trip. Then I have a checked bag section (lists item and a place to check it off) and a carry on bag section (also with the item and place to check it off). It worked really well last year in keeping me organized.

I also plan to wear race shirts, although I will pack one or two shirts for the beginning of the trip and as a backup in case they don't match any of the Sparkle Skirts or other bottoms that I packed.

You are my hero, lol! I have a list in my Notes app on my iphone. It currently has 3 items on it! :eek:

Speaking of Sparkle Skirts, because I missed out on that last night, I just got shipping notification for my newest! I swore I wouldn't buy anything new until Princess, but that lonely Carnivale in my size needed a good home... DH is going to send me to Sparkle Jail for sure!

I know how you feel! I was all ready to wait until the expo when someone posted Purple Explosion in a hiker in my size on the FB group. Agh! It should be here early next week. That makes 3! I've never worn these to the park before. Are we guessing the t-shirts will be the same colors as the medal ribbons? I need to know what to pack!

My large box came today and my husband said "How many are in there?". I told him to mind his own business and not worry about it. :crazy2:

I'm loving the packing tips! I didn't think about wanting to wear my race shirt on race day in the parks, but yeah I think I would like to do that! I really wish I could do carry on only, but I will be lucky if I can follow the two check-in limit with Southwest! "Mickey" leaves gifts for the kids each day of vacation, so we can forgo shopping (which I would love, but I'm sorry that is not fun with three kids). All of those Mickey gifts take up quite a bit of space! I also have a really hard time limiting my hair products and tools lol!

I know how you feel! I was all ready to wait until the expo when someone posted Purple Explosion in a hiker in my size on the FB group. Agh! It should be here early next week. That makes 3! I've never worn these to the park before. Are we guessing the t-shirts will be the same colors as the medal ribbons? I need to know what to pack!

I'm bringing a whole bunch of solid color ones so I can mix and match!

All these packing tips makes me happy I get to drive to WDW and can totally overpack for a 3 night trip.

This is my first time flying in for a WDW race (we usually drive and stay for about a month around race time) - but since I'm staying at my parents' house, I have full-sized version of all my toiletries and other season things (swimsuits, etc.) as well as race stuff (The Stick, foam roller, KT Tape, chews, etc., etc., etc.) upstairs in my room. That makes a HUGE difference.

This is my first time flying in for a WDW race (we usually drive and stay for about a month around race time) - but since I'm staying at my parents' house, I have full-sized version of all my toiletries and other season things (swimsuits, etc.) as well as race stuff (The Stick, foam roller, KT Tape, chews, etc., etc., etc.) upstairs in my room. That makes a HUGE difference.

I wish I could take a month off of work! Nice that you are able to stay for a month.

We paid the extra for luggage allowance & group 1 boarding for Disneyland Star Wars. This gave us the space for all that extra stuff

~~

WARNING!!!

If you plan to pack a large bag of EPSOM SALTS, the TSA will probably search your luggage.

At least the nicely rearranged all my stuff afterwards.

I wish I could take a month off of work! Nice that you are able to stay for a month.

We paid the extra for luggage allowance & group 1 boarding for Disneyland Star Wars. This gave us the space for all that extra stuff

Yeah, I'm going through a phase that you might call "retirement" or a "radical sabbatical", or even "fun-employment" ... it certainly makes it easy to do things, especially when my husband can work from anywhere. That's why I gotta pack in as much fun stuff as I want before I figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

I'm bringing a whole bunch of solid color ones so I can mix and match!

I'm trying for carry on only so I'll have to limit my choices. Are you flying out of DFW?

I'm trying for carry on only so I'll have to limit my choices. Are you flying out of DAL?

Nah - I'm out of DFW. I live over in Fort Worth, so I rarely fly Southwest unless it's a crazy-good deal. DFW is just so much easier for me to get to!

You caught me in between editing! I meant DFW. I'm at DAL for Dark Side in April, but DFW for Princess. I leave on Wednesday. I can't believe it's 2 weeks from today!

You caught me in between editing! I meant DFW. I'm at DAL for Dark Side in April, but DFW for Princess. I leave on Wednesday. I can't believe it's 2 weeks from today!

I was just thinking as I am making dinner that two weeks from now I will have a week of no cooking:) Boathouse two weeks from tonight!

I'm flying out Wednesday as well! Dinner at Morimoto that night - SO EXCITED.

I'm doing the party with my cousin and his wife on Thursday night! I'm not in to Star Wars, but the fireworks are PRETTY AWESOME.

I have been doing a pretty good job so far of staying away from any of the firework videos that have been posted. I'm super excited to see them. I'm bringing my DD16 back with me in April to do the Dark Side Challenge too!

In other vacation prep news, I just placed an order with Garden Grocer. I have never used them before, but we are staying in a 2BR at OKW with no car. I want to take advantage of the kitchen. I'm a bit worried about straying too far from my normal diet before the races. (Excluding the cupcakes, of course!)

I'm trying to make my FP+s and pretty much EVERYTHING is available - but nothing is really speaking to me!

So - two questions to pass the time until we get official race related news from rD:

1. What FP+s are you MOST excited about?
2. What ADRs did you make?

I'm trying to make my FP+s and pretty much EVERYTHING is available - but nothing is really speaking to me!

So - two questions to pass the time until we get official race related news from rD:

1. What FP+s are you MOST excited about?
2. What ADRs did you make?

I'm excited about Big Thunder and mine train. And Rock n Roller Coaster and hopefully seeing the new Force Awakens scene at Star Tours. Also going to ride Test Track for the first time...only because Soarin is closed.

Most excited about trying O'hana. I just want to know if it lives up to the hype honestly. And we're having lunch with the Princesses at Akershus and I'm looking forward to that. No fancy meals this trip though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter