Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I'll just leave this here.
princess-dooney-and-bourke-handbags-670x480.jpg
Just saw on Insthram but can't find the source.

Thank you! I was trying to find it in the car rider line at school...not the most productive time to look!

Oh my goodness - I'm with you! Our school car line is such a mess that our youngest asked to walk to school when the temperature was literally zero degrees. He said, "It's just easier to walk!"

Ok, just got home from work, crossing my fingers that our already "Jonas" delayed Disney Bands were able to fit into my almost too tiny for most parcel packages mailbox. :scared: Our delivery truck postman is anything but accommodating when it comes to having to get out off his seat. Yes, granted I live on a mail truck type route, but he definitely makes you feel as though his life is forever changed having to get out of his truck and place a package by the door where it is safe and away from prying eyes. :worship: Actually I would have to concur that his life is changed, got his heart rate up and maybe he burned an extra calorie or two, so his trek to my front door is a good thing, getting him more fit for life. Anyway, enough of my rant, final result....ta daaaahhh, my Magic Bands have arrived! "Jonas" who???? :woohoo:

NB Question:
If I just want to pick up the Flounder things for laces (not the shoes for me) can I just stop by the booth or do I need to try put my name in the queue?

Also I am so freaking excited! I have started packing and making a list of what all needs to be packed (but can't yet because still need it in the next 22 days). I am also looking at all of the menus for were we have ADRs and day dreaming...hmm..

I'm glad I didn't preorder the Dooney bag. Not only did I have to spring for new glasses today but the roof is leaking on our rental property and we discovered that the warranty company cancelled our account in October and never told us. Also, my husband didn't seem to notice that they were no longer charging us the monthly fee. *sigh* It looks like I should be going to princess weekend as cinderella in her pumpkin!

I hope everyone is digging out of this crazy snowstorm and thinking ahead to being able to train outside again, we are getting closer and closer :)!

Can anyone tell me where one can get coffee at 4:30AM near the starting line? So this essential piece of logistics is at least taken care of in my mind? One down, a few more to go lol.

If anyone is nervous about Magical Express I'd call them directly as Disney contracts this service out to a transportation company. That number is 866-599-0951.

Thanks for the number! I registered my flight information months ago. I called just now to check the status of my tags, and they had no record of my ME reservation! I'm glad I called! I highly suggest everyone do this if they don't have their tags yet. She said they are having computer "enhancements" that are causing some issues. She also said my address was no good (it is) and that she had other people with this issue as well. It sounds like it's pretty frustrating over there, so please be kind to them if they have problems with your reservation!

Anyone catch those prices for the Disneyland half - $205 and the challenge is $350 (YIKES).... that is quite a jump. It looks like we will be shelling out more if we want to do this race in 2017!

I did 11 miles on the 'dread'-mill yesterday. Started at like 11, so I only had breakfast on my stomach. Learned my lesson... must not do that on an almost empty stomach ever again! Happy I got it out of the way we are getting so close y'all!

YIKES! No telling what it will be by the time I do GSC again!

That is a definite no-no for me! I have to eat at least a banana or a couple of Belvitas no more than 30 min-1 hour before I do any kind of exercise.

Question about wearing medal(s) in the park: I plan to spend the evening after the half in Epcot and will definitely be sporting my medal. :) We then have two days at Universal and will be back at MK on Wednesday. Is that too long of a wait to wear my medal again? I want honest opinions! I want to squeeze as much fun out of this race weekend as possible, and honestly part of the fun will be getting congratulations from CMs haha I don't want to look like a total dork though wearing it way after the fact!

I was there for an entire week after the races and I wore my medal every day! You won't be the only one, and even if you are, who cares! Character and cast member interactions are great when you are wearing a medal!

This is very true. Before PHM 2014, I read so much about the congestion at the castle. I kept waiting for it, and ran right through, a few runners around me, but not crowded and need to slow down. Same in 2015. I started in F the first year and dropped back to I to be with my sister last year. So, I think the crowds must just ebb and flow.

Same here and I was in the middle of the pack!

I'm glad I didn't preorder the Dooney bag. Not only did I have to spring for new glasses today but the roof is leaking on our rental property and we discovered that the warranty company cancelled our account in October and never told us. Also, my husband didn't seem to notice that they were no longer charging us the monthly fee. *sigh* It looks like I should be going to princess weekend as cinderella in her pumpkin!
I'm sorry @preciouspups I hate having to spend a bunch of money like that when I wasn't planning to.

When it comes to Disney races, this is exactly how I do it - I almost always buy before! Reasons:

1. Good Disney stuff sells fast, so it might be out of stock again if I wait!
2. I can use my new stuff for the entire trip! (Well, I didn't actually use my 26.2 mickey string bag from etsy until after I finished the marathon - too superstitious.)
3. I've been to three runDisney expos with my three boys. It's not easy for me to shop there.

So I'm already wearing the minnie ugg slippers and my harveys minnie coin purse will arrive in a few days too! Still thinking about that 19.3 Raw Threads hoodie . . .

Hope everyone stays safe and warm in the storm!
Ohhhh, the Minnie Uggs slippers. Lucky, lucky. I can't wait for my hipster to come.

Ok, this makes me kinda nervous because our DME tags/info packet have not arrived yet, but our MBs have. I used the website to link our flight info to our reservation instead of calling it in like I did last year, and this is making me think it didn't work... :(
Maybe to set your mind at east, mine haven't come either. Been checking every single day expecting them.

For those of you who did it online, did you get the response saying that everything was set? I did so and I did the email, and I got my tags months ago. (which happens for some but not for all, to get them months out from your stay)

I went through: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

Our MBs...one box is still in Memphis and has been since the 20th. It tells me that I can expect my package Saturday the 23rd. Hmm. The other says, well, not quite that it's out for delivery, but that " Your item departed our USPS facility in FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003 on January 25, 2016 at 2:29 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination." Except that that town is 20 minutes up the freeway. And today is the 25th. And USPS isn't delivering at this hour.

Hopefully tomorrow everything will change.

ME tags.... I called this weekend to check on mine since I have not received them yet either. I was told that they had been sent to the print shop on Tuesday. He also verified my address. Still no tags here though.

I did get my magic bands on Friday.

For those of you who did it online, did you get the response saying that everything was set? I did so and I did the email, and I got my tags months ago. (which happens for some but not for all, to get them months out from your stay)

I went through: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

Our MBs...one box is still in Memphis and has been since the 20th. It tells me that I can expect my package Saturday the 23rd. Hmm. The other says, well, not quite that it's out for delivery, but that " Your item departed our USPS facility in FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003 on January 25, 2016 at 2:29 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination." Except that that town is 20 minutes up the freeway. And today is the 25th. And USPS isn't delivering at this hour.

Hopefully tomorrow everything will change.
If you have tracking, try calling USPS. That will sometimes get the boxes moving. I would also track it directly from the USPS website. Quite often the links in emails don't update. I had stuff show up yesterday that, according to tracking, hadn't left its own state yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter