• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 - Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

If last year is anything to go by, Avengers will not sell out that quickly. I registered a full 24 hours after it went on general sale for the challenge.

This is what I'm hoping. And I checked Dumbo Double Dare and registration was open this afternoon. What?! Unfortunately, DH doesn't want to do Dumbo because we already have. I just can't believe it's possible to register at this point...

We'll Avenge the Strip no problem. :D

@durantigger -- can you do it on your phone or bring an iPad that you can hotspot to? We did that for dining reservations when we were in Disneyland Paris. May take 40 mins of your time but it's worth saving $$ than to go through a travel provider :)

We will definitely try the phones!

Active accounts are ready to go. Calendar reminder put into my work calendar and I'm blocked out as though I'm on a conference call. PRIORITIES. :P

Let's do this.

According to new email, we're now getting "Super Heroes" race weekend.

It's: Captain America 5K, Doctor Strange 10K, and the Avengers Half.

I'm doing the 5K and 10K.

Please don't put Benedict Cumberbatch's face on the 10K medal. o_O

I swore last year was going to be my last time signing up for the 5k, but I sure do love me some Captain America. Ugh. Now I have to make decisions

@pxefig - Same. It's an early start to a long day but now that it's Captain America's 5K I have to do it. I wanted the Captain America 10K shield but I guess that's not happening now with Dr Strange taking over.

That Avengers 5k last year was great. The course was almost all in the parks. I will definitely be back for that.
The 5k is a great course. I did it in 2014 when it was only the 5k and the half and then did it again last year to #runALLthedisney but was thinking that it's an extra day to find someone to watch the kids (I'm a stay at home mom of littles) and extra night hotel, do I really want to jump through hoops for a 5k this year? Apparently the answer will be yes! :cool1: Honestly, I'm just happy runDisney gave out all this information BEFORE registration so I had time to debate and make up my mind! :goodvibes

I will not be able to do the Avengers races this year so you can remove me from the IGC list please. Adulting sucks. :(

So excited, going to be running the half with my best friend to get our coast to coast! We did GSC this year, but it's our first trip to disneyland and we want to be able to see as much as possible and take our time without having to get up in the middle of the night two nights in a row ( plus, the cost factors in... ).

I'm a little nervous about this, but I have made the decision that I am not going to buy my bib right away. I banking on a travel agent having them later. The registration opens the same week I'll be in WDW for the Dark Side and I will have to wait until the paycheck after to afford another chunk of money over to runDisney. Idk, though, starting from Wine and Dine last year and every race since I have gotten emails from travel agents unloading bibs well after they've sold out, so I'm telling myself not to stress ...

Can someone handhold through the process of loading up passholder pages and active pages for registration in two weeks?

I also just learned that RNR Vegas is also doing registration on April 5 (same time!) for those looking to Avenge the Strip.

I just want to make sure we're in for the registration and I can't remember how I did this like a year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter