Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

So I had never heard of Disney running events until yesterday! I would love to do the ToT 10 miler, but my vacation is already booked (meaning: nonrefundable) with our check out day that Saturday morning. But I did see that the 5K was that morning so I thought that could be a great first event at Disney (I'm sure I'll catch the *bug* everyone on here seems to talk about!)

My question is this: the race starts at 7, and we have to be checked out of our rental house (in Windsor Hills...about a mile from Disney) by 10 am. I would REALLY love to be able to go back to the house and take a 5 minute shower before having to leave. (The people in the airport would probably appreciate it too! :rotfl2:) Has anyone done this event before and know if this is even feasible? We will have a rental car so won't have to wait for a bus or taxi.

Thanks!

I did this race last year.

There were corrals and DH and I were in the last one (E, I believe- he has a bit of a disability so we were pretty slow), and DS was in B. We were finished and back at our room, all three of us showered and walking through the gates at AK by 10:15 (using all disney transporation).

So it can be done, but you won't have time to lollygag (love that word). We actually did take a few minutes to take a few photos with our medals too, so we weren't rushing at all and still ended up in AK at that time, so I think you should be fine.

I am subscribing to this thread in hopes of running this year :) Which DVC club resort would be the most convenient to stay at if you are relying on Disney Transportation?

This will be my first Disney race unless you count the Castaway Cay 5k which I did earlier this month. I try to run a local race a month (either 5k or 10k) but have yet to run a race longer then 10k.

Last year BCV and BWV were the only two DVC resorts that were host resorts. We stayed at AKV and had to rent a car to get to the expo/race. I am hoping to avoid that this year, but BLT is our home resort so if worse comes to worse, we already have a reservation there.

I originally was really excited for this, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I'd be better off doing it in 2014. I know I have plenty of time to get in shape and stuff, but for a trip with my grandma... There's too many ifs. We are planning a trip, but if her health declines we won't go. So I'd rather do it when there are less "ifs" surrounding the trip.

nemmie said:
Still no DVC discount code :confused3

I am sure its me but I can't see a price for this year anywhere?

Registration opens at $135... Up from last year. I am hoping that there will be a way to register (and a price break) at the phm. I know at the tot there was for the phm.

My husband is running the TOT. The plan is for me to meet him at the end and go to the Villians party with him. We are staying at BCV, are the boats running to DHS or will I have to take the path? I have never taken the path before we just take the boat.

tink2007 said:
Can't wait for this race. My husband and I leave on our first Disney cruise the day after the race. :cool1:
I am doing the PHM in 2 two weeks. princess: Does anyone know if I can register for this race while Im there. I remember seeing a RunDisney booth at last year's expo. I guess it's crazy to ask if there is some kind of discount to register while Im there.

I registered at the tot for the phm (With a break on the fee- no active charge) So I too am hoping to register for the tot at the phm

My husband is running the TOT. The plan is for me to meet him at the end and go to the Villians party with him. We are staying at BCV, are the boats running to DHS or will I have to take the path? I have never taken the path before we just take the boat.

Boats weren't running last year because DHS closed EARLY to prep for the race. We took a friendship boat from Epcot to BW and the driver advised us that the only way to get to DHS and back would be the runDisney buses or walking.

If I am going to list our 2011 Wine and Dine half as proof of time do I need to print anything out tom take or can they pull it up themselves to check seeing as it was a Disney race? I don't have anything with my time on. Hmm mm.

I did this race last year and had a great time. You can check out my super terrific race recap at my site, if you are interested.

Not sure if we can do it again this year though - I am intending to do my first marathon at Disney in January of 2014 and don't know if I can fit two trips in.

Still thinking about it...

If you are going to sign up remember that registration starts tomorrow...also, start planning your costume. I regret not running in costume last year as there were so many people dressed up!

helloirishkitty said:
Last year BCV and BWV were the only two DVC resorts that were host resorts. We stayed at AKV and had to rent a car to get to the expo/race. I am hoping to avoid that this year, but BLT is our home resort so if worse comes to worse, we already have a reservation there.

Thanks for the DVC information! I have friends that are willing to rent me their points but their home resort is Saratoga Springs so I can only hope that rooms are available at BCV or BWV when they can reserve.

Thanks for the DVC information! I have friends that are willing to rent me their points but their home resort is Saratoga Springs so I can only hope that rooms are available at BCV or BWV when they can reserve.

FWIW, we booked late last year and stayed at SSR - we drove over to POR and took the race bus from there. Very quick and easy! Don't know if you'll have a car, but wanted to throw it out there, just in case.

RUNDISNEYDVC as a discount code doesn't work :confused3

I guess I'll hang on and see if they release one. Really wanted to register today though :scratchin

Registered for the run!! Now I gotta come up with a costume idea ..... choices choices .... were to start.

Wish there was a discount for non dvc members... even AP holders. Oh well... I will just wait till next friday...and hope there is one at the princess expo.

Even the kids races are up 50% I assumed they would have more host resorts or something.... wonder why there is such the increase.

I need your help. Can't get ahold of my husband to see if he registered us. How is it looking? Please tell me it's not sold out yet. I have registration fear ever since the DDD registration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter