Official 2011 Disneyland Half Thread!

DW, 10yo and 12yo DGSs and I made the drive from El Paso!!!!:cool1:

Took 13.1 HOURS. Thank goodness that is only the numerical distance for a Half Marathon not the length of time. I didn't follow a traffic sign and had to drive an extra 20 miles in slooooow traffic.

Checked into Desert Inn & Suites, walked across the street and into DISNEYLAND!!!!!! We all walked behind Kathy as she weaved in, out and around the Disney Guests at a whopping 14:25mm pace. Got to registration and zipped right through getting the race packets. Off to EXPO, got Goody Bags and Kathy bought the C2C shirts and Vinylmation guys. Went back to eat at Denny's, then room, then rooftop to watch the FIREWORKS and then BED.

Waiting for boys to get up, have breakfast and off to the Parks.

Since I have been walking in the 100+ temps of El Paso, tomorrow morning I will most likely be wearing this year's long-sleeved Goofy Tech shirt under my W.I.S.H shirt and maybe even arm warms because I am FREEZING.

Hoping everyone has a fun day today and a GREAT race day tomorrow. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I didn't get to spend as much time at the expo as I wanted but did get the pin so happy :) It's a little chillier this morning than I expected so should be great to run in tomorrow

Few hrs at the parks then forced relaxation at the hotel then set every alarm known to man so I don't oversleep (greatest fear tomorrow!)

-em

The expo is no joke! I bought a lot of stuff since it's so much cheaper here than in Canada. It's only sport beans, but paying $1/pack instead of $2.50/pack gets addicting. Be careful with the $9 asics hats though; I bought one and I guess I didn't try it on. They are not manufactured very well and it looks very off centre. I also bought a hat and shirt from disney merchandise to match the ones I bought at WDW.

I won a hat from the Angels booth and chatted up Jeff Galloway on his downtime. I walked into the expo when he surprisingly mentioned my city, so I was caught off-guard in why he would say it. Turns out his wife's marathon PR is the big race in my city.

Yay 4 sport beans. I got a case 4 $20!!! My small shirt is huge. Going back 2day 2 try 2 exchangeit. Guessing I'm n the very last corrale: G. Anyone else?

Yay 4 sport beans. I got a case 4 $20!!! My small shirt is huge. Going back 2day 2 try 2 exchangeit. Guessing I'm n the very last corrale: G. Anyone else?

I am in G as well.

OK, you guys! For those of us not at DL this weekend, we're expecting lots of pics of your fun-filled weekend and of your new shiney medals!

Have a great race! And, have fun!

GO, WISHERS, GO! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hope everyone has a great race. Will try and follow via runner tracking tomorrow. Go WISHers!

Maura

I'm standing in corral B getting ready to race. 15 minutes and counting down. See all you wishers at W at the end.

OK, you guys! For those of us not at DL this weekend, we're expecting lots of pics of your fun-filled weekend and of your new shiney medals!

Have a great race! And, have fun!

GO, WISHERS, GO! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:thumbsup2 yes! lots of pictures! I sent my DH with a camera, but don't think it will be used, lol. :goodvibes

Best wishes!!!

Hope everyone had so much fun, can't wait to hear about it and see your pictures!

Hope everyone had a great run~ we were sad that we couldn't be there in person cheering everyone on, but it was SO exciting to get the live tracking times on email and text!! What an awesome feature!!

Congratulations!!!:dance3::yay::woohoo::banana::cheer2: I'll be there next year and would love to hear everyone's opinions on how well the race was run. Can't wait to see pictures!:thumbsup2

posting for my phones gonna keep it short. first 15 k went fairly well. faded quite a bit from the sun beating down at the end. ended up with 3: 11 :32.

I can't complain too much here, results-wise. I finished in 2:41:14. I stopped for every character in the park, but I didn't get a picture with Darth Vader. He decided to go on break when I was in line.

Splits:
5k - 57:08 :rotfl2:
10k - 1:29:51
15k - 2:01:58
Finish - 2:41:14

All things considered, the times are really consistent with my training and I didn't push myself that much. That, and I only had 10 weeks to prepare for the run. I should get out of this race injury-free.

I had the best time and earned my Coast to Coast Medal. I also run my PB time even with a little walking around the 11/12 mile mark. Next month is W&D so I'm excited about another trip to WDW. Great job everyone!

I had a lot of fun today at the race. The weather started out good. Not too hot, not too cold. I was in coral B. I took pictures at almost every character. My sister cheered me on at 3 different points along the route which was fantastic! I saw some really great signs that made me laugh like "sweat is sexy" and "hurry up so we can go back to sleep!". Loved going through the parks. Loved all the Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops lined up in and around Angels stadium. I tried to give as many of them as I could high fives. I took pictures at almost every mile marker. There were not many cast members at these so I talked other runners or people standing around to take my picture. I got some great pictures of me on the jumbotron at Angels stadium. Loved all the school bands (I'm partial to them because both of my kids are in their marching band) and thanked them and the cheer leaders for being there.
When I went through the finish line I picked up my 1/2 marathon medal and then got in line for my Coast toCoast medal. I was so proud to be wearing both! I felt it was such an achievement!
I loved the bag check people because they cheered for me as I picked up my stuff.
After that I went and had my medal engraved with my time. And then watched the awards presentation. Wow, those people run fast.
I then went over to the t-z tent to wait for my family and maybe see some of you WISHERS. But I'm afraid I don't know how to recognize the group. Please someone tell me how so that I can celebrate with you at the Tinkerbell!
Once I met up with my family, we ant back to the Hojo and took a quick dip in the pool.
Then we showered, shampoos and shined and headed out to Disneyland. I wore both of my medals. I wcongratulated everyone I saw that had their medals and/or shirts on. Hopefully you WISHERS were one of them!
We went back to the hotel early, had pizza delivered and I'm sitting in bed writing this report. Boy I'm tired! Tomorrow's a new day and it's off to the parks until I have to catch my plane at 6:00pm. Hope to see you all tomorrow or soon at another race!

My times:
5k. 38:44
10k 1:07
15k. 1:35
Final 2:11:56

I had the BEST time! Great race and such amazing runners/walkers out there yesterday morning.

This was my 13th 1/2 marathon since starting in 2008. I had never broken the 3 hour mark (I was a walker) and that was always such a big dream of mine. Well after losing 40 lbs since Feb, I finally did it!!! Very emotional finish for me! Finish time was 2:44:48! I had never ran a mile before in my life prior to training for this race. Not only did I jog several miles during the race but I even did two in a row without any walk breaks. Just 6 months ago I could have never dreamed of doing that! I jog/walked the whole thing and bettered my time by 24 min since last year's race.

Now I can't wait for the Wine & Dine 1/2 to see if I can improve a little bit more!

I enjoyed the race quiet a bit and very happy I finished though about 20-25 min later than I wanted but since I was concerned my ankle would hold It was more important to finish than time (Ill get that at wine and dine)

Final- 2:56 (or technically 2:55:59)
5K 39:07
10K 1:23:57
15K 2:05:42

The killer for me was then spending the afternoon/night at the park- I'm sore today :)

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter