Odds of adding 50 points for BLT before price increase?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Reddd.12.18, Jan 13, 2018.

  1. Reddd.12.18

    Reddd.12.18 Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2017
    Messages:
    19
    Hi everyone!

    What are the odds of adding on 50 BLT points direct before the increase this week?
     
  2. OKW Lover

    OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2004
    Messages:
    29,667
    Much better odds if you call your Guide right away.
     
    CaliAdventurer and deedubb like this.
  3. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com


  4. Ben E N

    Ben E N DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    What UY are you looking for? Based on previous threads, february is closer to 0% than anything.
    The good news for you is BLT is only going up $6 per point, so you would only lose out on $300. Thank goodness you are not looking to add on at Poly or GFV.
     
  5. hskrshawn

    hskrshawn Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2008
    Messages:
    32
    or you could tell them you'll take 25 if they have it available before the increase and get another 25 later...
     
  6. Ben E N

    Ben E N DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    I wouldn't do that. The $150 savings would quickly be eaten up by the extra closing costs.
     
  7. supersnoop

    supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2013
    Messages:
    11,182
    Seems like it would come out pretty even. Direct closing costs should be close to $150.
     
  8. Ben E N

    Ben E N DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    Yeah something between $117 and $147 if I remember right. The $3-33 potential savings is not worth the hassle in my book.
     
  9. 4luv2cdisney

    4luv2cdisney DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2008
    Messages:
    1,194
    Yes, and if you have a much later UY and don't HAVE to have the points right now, you will save about $25 a month on MFs until you actually buy. I'd just try to time it so you get on a waitlist (if necessary) a couple months before your desired UY to still get current year points. So, you could recoup some of your $300 that way.
     
    Ben E N likes this.
  10. hskrshawn

    hskrshawn Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2008
    Messages:
    32

    After looking at the closing costs, I agree that it's not worth the 2 transaction hassle. Just put the order in for the 50 points...maybe they get lucky and get it before the deadline and maybe they don't.

    I'm pretty sure Disney won't grant any direct sales add on requests this week for the older resorts. Why would they when they could wait these last few days until the price increase on a 50 point add on and make let's say an extra $300 or more?

    Going back to the original question, I would say the odds are very, very low of Disney granting the 50 point add on before the deadline.
     
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  11. DSLRuser

    DSLRuser Age is a state of mind

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1,781
    took me 10 minutes on the phone and I was locked in. the paper work seemed secondary
     
  12. Ben E N

    Ben E N DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    Were you just able to do this? If so, were you being waitlisted and what UY did you purchase into?
     
  13. DSLRuser

    DSLRuser Age is a state of mind

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1,781
    last Saturday. seemed like when they get your down payment, you are locked in. the rest is just about signing the papers. mine are being fedexed back to DVC today
     
  14. hlhlaw07

    hlhlaw07 Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2008
    Messages:
    182
    If I remember correctly from another thread he bought at CCV and not BLT
     
  15. Ben E N

    Ben E N DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    The image next to the name would make sense there, and would make the point associated with this thread completely moot, as CCV is not at all sold out.

    Of all the points on this thread, I agree with this one the most:

    I bought a March UY back in Early September and owed $47 in MFs for the year.
    Don't get too cute in terms of trying to time things, such as asking for a FEB UY on Jan 28th, but if I had timed things and asked for the March UY in December, I would have saved at least $50. It was worth it to me to get it early, though, because it locked me in as a blue member and got me the discounted APs.
     
    4luv2cdisney likes this.
  16. citivas

    citivas Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    May 11, 2010
    Messages:
    106
    I've been on the waitlist at BLT for 25 points for a March UY for 6 weeks and counting...

    The Guide said they there was nothing that could be done to lock in the old price unless we lucked into the points being available before the increase which apparently they were not...
     
  17. Ben E N

    Ben E N DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    While that's a bit of a bummer, at least it's only a $150 difference, and not as painful as Poly, VGF, and BCV owners are feeling.
     

Share This Page