Odds of adding 50 points for BLT before price increase?

Reddd.12.18

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

What are the odds of adding on 50 BLT points direct before the increase this week?

What UY are you looking for? Based on previous threads, february is closer to 0% than anything.
The good news for you is BLT is only going up $6 per point, so you would only lose out on $300. Thank goodness you are not looking to add on at Poly or GFV.

or you could tell them you'll take 25 if they have it available before the increase and get another 25 later...

What UY are you looking for? Based on previous threads, february is closer to 0% than anything.
The good news for you is BLT is only going up $6 per point, so you would only lose out on $300. Thank goodness you are not looking to add on at Poly or GFV.

Yes, and if you have a much later UY and don't HAVE to have the points right now, you will save about $25 a month on MFs until you actually buy. I'd just try to time it so you get on a waitlist (if necessary) a couple months before your desired UY to still get current year points. So, you could recoup some of your $300 that way.

Yeah something between $117 and $147 if I remember right. The $3-33 potential savings is not worth the hassle in my book.

After looking at the closing costs, I agree that it's not worth the 2 transaction hassle. Just put the order in for the 50 points...maybe they get lucky and get it before the deadline and maybe they don't.

I'm pretty sure Disney won't grant any direct sales add on requests this week for the older resorts. Why would they when they could wait these last few days until the price increase on a 50 point add on and make let's say an extra $300 or more?

Going back to the original question, I would say the odds are very, very low of Disney granting the 50 point add on before the deadline.

Last edited:
took me 10 minutes on the phone and I was locked in. the paper work seemed secondary

Were you just able to do this? If so, were you being waitlisted and what UY did you purchase into?

last Saturday. seemed like when they get your down payment, you are locked in. the rest is just about signing the papers. mine are being fedexed back to DVC today

If I remember correctly from another thread he bought at CCV and not BLT
The image next to the name would make sense there, and would make the point associated with this thread completely moot, as CCV is not at all sold out.

Of all the points on this thread, I agree with this one the most:

Yes, and if you have a much later UY and don't HAVE to have the points right now, you will save about $25 a month on MFs until you actually buy. I'd just try to time it so you get on a waitlist (if necessary) a couple months before your desired UY to still get current year points. So, you could recoup some of your $300 that way.

I bought a March UY back in Early September and owed $47 in MFs for the year.
Don't get too cute in terms of trying to time things, such as asking for a FEB UY on Jan 28th, but if I had timed things and asked for the March UY in December, I would have saved at least $50. It was worth it to me to get it early, though, because it locked me in as a blue member and got me the discounted APs.

I've been on the waitlist at BLT for 25 points for a March UY for 6 weeks and counting...

The Guide said they there was nothing that could be done to lock in the old price unless we lucked into the points being available before the increase which apparently they were not...

I've been on the waitlist at BLT for 25 points for a March UY for 6 weeks and counting...

The Guide said they there was nothing that could be done to lock in the old price unless we lucked into the points being available before the increase which apparently they were not...

While that's a bit of a bummer, at least it's only a $150 difference, and not as painful as Poly, VGF, and BCV owners are feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!