• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 30, 2011 Wonder - A Haunting on the High Seas

Wow, what a week! My daughter came home in tears on Monday, the school sent her a note from the Los Angeles DA's office because she missed too many days. Now I have to attend a meeting with a DA representative for dead beat parents who don't send their kids to school. I didn't know the school would not allow independent studies before I booked the cruise. Next, Monday night at 11:00 my husband had and emergency surgery for acute appendicitis (the ship Doctor was right!). The surgery had went fine but post op has had a few complications and has been rough. He came home today but is still not feeling great. I think it's time for another Disney cruise, when the kids are on break of course!

Wow! Poor you and your poor, poor husband! I hope he gets better fast! I hope he just got sick near the very end of the cruise.

And wow, our school board didn't bat an eye. We just told them we would be away and that was that! That sounds ridiculous! :mad: I am so mad that they upset your daughter!

Hey Steph...we booked on board for the end of next year but are going to move it to 2013 as soon as the dates come out for Alaska.

Oh no Rene! I wish your husband well, and your poor daughter. =( It was nice meeting you. =)

Wow, what a week! My daughter came home in tears on Monday, the school sent her a note from the Los Angeles DA's office because she missed too many days. Now I have to attend a meeting with a DA representative for dead beat parents who don't send their kids to school. I didn't know the school would not allow independent studies before I booked the cruise. Next, Monday night at 11:00 my husband had and emergency surgery for acute appendicitis (the ship Doctor was right!). The surgery had went fine but post op has had a few complications and has been rough. He came home today but is still not feeling great. I think it's time for another Disney cruise, when the kids are on break of course!

WOW, talk about cruise memories you'll never forget! I laughed so hard when I heard about your luggage. Sorry, but that's something I would do. Boy, could I tell you some stories about me. Robert doesn't call me Lucy for no reason. :goodvibes Tell Ruben he's in our prayers. I'm sure he'll be ok, he's very strong. How's the phone hunt going? We've had a few rough days getting caught up too. Nothing like you, but I was up till 4:30am Monday morning trying to get all the girls school work done and organized. Summer had 6 makeup tests she had to study for. I'm over it. I'm in for another cruise too, just give me the dates :beach: Keep in touch and we'll see you soon.

Cathy

I started my TR! The link is in my signature. :goodvibes

Rene, i'm sorry to hear about your husband! That's awful! I hope he feels better and that the school calms down! That's crazy!

What a great time! We managed to have so much fun even with my Husband getting sick! Poor guy, he was a trooper. Next, I lost my cell phone, but I'm still hoping to find it in one of my 12 bags I'm unpacking. And finally, we were all packed up and heading home on the freeway and my husband says, it sure seems like we have less luggage coming home, I can actually see out of the back window. So when we get home I start laundry immediately and my pile is pretty small. Well that's because I left a HUGE suitcase full of dirty laundry back at the boat. The good news is I drove back to the boat and there it was!!
So now my laundry pile is HUGE, but it is so worth it. We really had a fantastic time. Thank you all for the awesome FE gifts, it was great meeting all of you.

Rene

I also wanted to thank everyone for the awesome FE gifts!! This was our first experience with FE and it was amazing!! I got so many good ideas for future cruises!!! How many people booked future cruises while on board??

Thanks to all of you for making this a wonderful cruise.

Molly, a special thank you for all the work you and Brett did on the shirts and Meet and Greet. We have your darling passport holders in use as I write.

The FE exchange was great. We really appreciate all the fun involved. I've put away the magnets we received for future use. The magnetic frame we received from the Brand family is on our frig already.

Rene, glad to hear your husband is on the mend.

We booked three dummy placeholders with hopes for a B2B Med and TA in 2013. The third we will just hold on to. With the way the interest rates are on savings accounts at the bank, I figure having DCL hold my $89 so I can get 10% off and a $250 OBC on a future cruise is a good investment.

Hope to meet you on future cruises. Thanks for the wonderful memories.

Val & Bob

Wow!!! What an awesome cruise!! It was great meeting all of you, especially the Debranator! The FE exchange was also tons of fun. I think my 15 yo DS enjoyed it the most! Hopefully our cruising paths will cross again in the future! If anyone plans to travel to Alaska and would like insider info, just send a PM.

Wow!!! What an awesome cruise!! It was great meeting all of you, especially the Debranator! The FE exchange was also tons of fun. I think my 15 yo DS enjoyed it the most! Hopefully our cruising paths will cross again in the future! If anyone plans to travel to Alaska and would like insider info, just send a PM.

speaking of me...:lmao:
if you and MOLLY[who ignores her friends:surfweb:]...
would like some pics..that I have..
pm me your email addresses......

WOW, talk about cruise memories you'll never forget! I laughed so hard when I heard about your luggage. Sorry, but that's something I would do. Boy, could I tell you some stories about me. Robert doesn't call me Lucy for no reason. :goodvibes Tell Ruben he's in our prayers. I'm sure he'll be ok, he's very strong. How's the phone hunt going? We've had a few rough days getting caught up too. Nothing like you, but I was up till 4:30am Monday morning trying to get all the girls school work done and organized. Summer had 6 makeup tests she had to study for. I'm over it. I'm in for another cruise too, just give me the dates :beach: Keep in touch and we'll see you soon.

Cathy

Oh my goodness Cathy! If you would have seen the size of the suitcase I left behind, both of my twins could probably fit it!! It was so funny!! I was glad I found it. And sadly, no luck on my phone, oh well, in spite of all that happend we had such a great time!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the prayers and good wishes for my husband. His recovery was rough, but he is feeling much better. And to add insult to injury, he turned 50 on 11/11. If this is what our 50's will be like, I want no part of it! Also, the school meeting wasn't so bad, just a stern warning and a long lecture about how important school is, as if I didn't know.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Wanted to send another thanks for FEs received. We received a few bookmarkers - I am using them daily. While I understand the appeal of a Kindle, I appreciate the feel of an actual book and usually have more then one in progress. The markers we received are a lovely reminder of our trip while a perfect way to mark my place. Thank you. Val

Todd and I also had a great time on our first cruise. We enjoyed meeting everyone. The FE experience was a lot of fun for us. Perhaps soon I'll finally get around to doing a trip photo report. We had a great time on our boating/horseback excursions and also the Zip Line!.
Thanks so much for all the gifts and camaraderie.

Todd and Jeffrey

Hi Everyone,
Not sure if anyone is reading the boards anymore, but I had to share this story. Today I was at the Cerritos Mall, it is around 20 minutes from the port. We were shopping at the Disney Store (of course), and we ran into our food server Mirtha! She was on the Wonder for 4 months and it was her first time off. She had been off since noon and is leaving tonight at 1:00am to go back home to Peru. Seriously, what are the odds that we would run into her?? We were so happy to see her. We exchanged emails and took a few pictures. She also said that we were so lucky that we sailed when we did, the boat has been completley full the last few weeks and it has been crazy. Many of us would not have been able to upgrade like we did!

Hope you are all doing well.
Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Rene

I can't believe it! It is a small world. Summer and Autumn told me they don't want anything under the tree for Christmas. They just want to go on another Disney cruise. :goodvibes Maybe next year. If not, for sure in 2013. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and hope to see you again in the new year.

Hello all.... Happy New Year to everyone. Wow Rene it is a small world, that is so cool. Awww Autumn and Summer adorable girls, I'm with them. Hope to see you guys on our next adventure. We are doing Alaska 2013!!! Yippeee It will be here before we know it.

Cheers!!!
Stacey

Hello all.... Happy New Year to everyone. Wow Rene it is a small world, that is so cool. Awww Autumn and Summer adorable girls, I'm with them. Hope to see you guys on our next adventure. We are doing Alaska 2013!!! Yippeee It will be here before we know it.

Cheers!!!
Stacey

Looks like my girls wish will come true. We're signed up for the EBPC in December. :cheer2: We leave LA on 12-9 and get to Miami on 12-23. What a fun way to spend our Christmas. They don't know yet and it's killing me not to tell them. I'll tell them soon. We too are looking to sail Alaska in August 2013. Hope some friends from this cruise will join us in December. Missing you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter