October 27th, 2018 7-Night Western Caribbean *Part 2*

That’s a cute costume combo! I was hoping to do a family theme, but couldn’t get my boys to agree. So DH and I are going to coordinate and the boys will be what they each want to be.
This year we are dressing up as baseball players! Not Disney, I know, but my daughter takes dance and one of her costumes this year was a baseball player and she wants to do it again. At least it saves me from buying another costume!!

info is on page 1 of this thread of you'd like to participate its only 2 cabins participating at this point hopefully we get some more :)
Hopefully we get some more! Otherwise whoever is the other cabin is getting some awesome goodie stuff from us!

You're not sailing concierge this time, correct? If not then you will need to wait til 12:01amEastern on July 29th to check in with the rest of us Silvers :yay:
DH and I have decided to try Remy champagne brunch this time instead of Palo; no idea if a ressie is 'easier to get' than Palo but we thought we'd try something new (plus Remy dinner does not appeal to us).
Do you know which night will be formal night for our cruise??

Yes Sunday, the second day (and our first sea day) is Formal night.

How did all our Silver members do with check in last night? We got everything we wanted including Remy Brunch (first time not doing Palo brunch, thought we would try something new), Palo dinner, Remy dessert Party, Mojito tasting on CC day and Disney Jr character breakfast (which I'm shocked my girls still wanted to do since they've done it twice and are getting older, but yay!) No Frozen or princess meet and greets, they've done them several times now. Got the excursion we wanted in Falmouth as well (we're doing a private one in Cozumel and staying on the ship in Grand Cayman). Woohoo!!!

Yes Sunday, the second day (and our first sea day) is Formal night.

How did all our Silver members do with check in last night? We got everything we wanted including Remy Brunch (first time not doing Palo brunch, thought we would try something new), Palo dinner, Remy dessert Party, Mojito tasting on CC day and Disney Jr character breakfast (which I'm shocked my girls still wanted to do since they've done it twice and are getting older, but yay!) No Frozen or princess meet and greets, they've done them several times now. Got the excursion we wanted in Falmouth as well (we're doing a private one in Cozumel and staying on the ship in Grand Cayman). Woohoo!!!

I did not have any luck. I was one of a group of people (reported on the fb group) that experienced technical difficulties...”Online Check-in is currently not available,” and zero results for any cruise activities. >:( I was sick with a cold and woke up at midnight to login and make my reservations. So, I gave up after about 30-45 minutes and went back to bed. The next morning I was able to secure a dinner at Remy, but I really wanted the Palo Brunch. I will keep checking, and worst case, I’ll go straight to Guest Services when we board.

Woke up this morning to discover that a) our cabin had been assigned in the place I'd been hoping to get it, and b) we had been successfully changed to the earlier seating for dinner! We're first timers and are otherwise stuck being choiceless for the next two weeks while the rest of you get to assign stuff - so this is great news for us!

Mark

Woke up this morning to discover that a) our cabin had been assigned in the place I'd been hoping to get it, and b) we had been successfully changed to the earlier seating for dinner! We're first timers and are otherwise stuck being choiceless for the next two weeks while the rest of you get to assign stuff - so this is great news for us!

Mark

:cool1: Congrats Mark!!!

I'm back - (finally!) and interested in the FE. i'll try and PM as soon as i can. Hi everyone :)

Very excited for the cruise - as is my DD (6) but we have no idea what is happening and how to go about any of this.

we can't check in til the 13th, so i'll be up at 5am (uk time) to check in and book the stingray activity in Grand Caymen.

So as i understand it there is a formal, a semi formal (days as listed above, maybe) and a pirate themed night? is this correct. so i need to organise a Pirate outfit for us all. also what happens on halloween night or is that the pirate night?

i've been so busy since booking that i've spent barely any time planning or organising for this so i need to pull my finger out!

Welcome aboard! I'm a first timer too so we'll be staying up late here in Canada to figure out checkin on the 13th. Good thing the following day's my birthday. :)

As I understand it, as it's a Halloween cruise, there will be a costume day / night AND a Pirate day, in addition to a formal and semi-formal evening. I'm not sure how that affects the dining rotation, if at all; Pirate night has its own menu that everyone enjoys regardless of which dining room they're in, but what about the other night(s)?

Mark

My kids are 15, 18 and 23. We lost one in April who was 20. My wife and I did a Halloween cruise last September. We were scheduled to do a eastern and Irma came and canceled it. So we did a 4 night Dream cruise. I am attaching a pdf of tips I put together from things I learned over 12 cruises.

Thank you! The tips are great!

I am so sorry for your loss.

We are checked in and I did get the Remy-reservation I wanted. We didn’t manage to get a champagne tasting though... I guess we’ll do some tasting of our own in Oh La La.

We haven’t decided on our costumes. I would really want to do the Incredibles, but I am not sure if we’ll be able to make it happen.

Have anyone booked any Port Adventues? We did book Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and we are now trying to decide what to do in GC and Jamaica. My DDs want to do something with stingrays and something with river tubing.

I would love to participate! Last time it was a FB page. Please confirm if the right people have recieved this!
We are 4 people - 2 parents, girl (10 on Halloween 2018!) and boy ( 6 years old)

We are checked in and I did get the Remy-reservation I wanted. We didn’t manage to get a champagne tasting though... I guess we’ll do some tasting of our own in Oh La La.

We haven’t decided on our costumes. I would really want to do the Incredibles, but I am not sure if we’ll be able to make it happen.

Have anyone booked any Port Adventues? We did book Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and we are now trying to decide what to do in GC and Jamaica. My DDs want to do something with stingrays and something with river tubing.

In Cozumel we have booked a private tour of the area with the other family we are sailing with. In Falmouth my family and I are doing some sort of cave exploration adventure?? My husband picked that one! lol We are staying on the ship in Grand Cayman. On Castaway my hubby wanted to do the sea-doo (ski doo??) adventure but now they are only offered for two people not singles and I am NOT going on one of those haha. The four adults in our group also have the Castaway mojito tasting booked for Heads Up bar on the island and we will put our combined 5 kids in Skuttles Cove while we do that.

In Cozumel we have booked a private tour of the area with the other family we are sailing with. In Falmouth my family and I are doing some sort of cave exploration adventure?? My husband picked that one! lol We are staying on the ship in Grand Cayman. On Castaway my hubby wanted to do the sea-doo (ski doo??) adventure but now they are only offered for two people not singles and I am NOT going on one of those haha. The four adults in our group also have the Castaway mojito tasting booked for Heads Up bar on the island and we will put our combined 5 kids in Skuttles Cove while we do that.
I hope they fixed the sea-doos this time.

This isn't the first time I've read that the sea-doos on CC were hopefully fixed. Is this a common occurrence?

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter