October 2024 Check-In Thread

bit of a rant, sorry for the negativity but in almost two weeks from today for my first time and I'm really bummed with all the refurbs and scrims going on everywhere around Disneyland and DCA. :(

But anyway, trying to keep a positive mind before going but I'm kinda beat down right now I gotta say

You've got this. Just keep positivity at the forefront of your mind, and it'll be a blast, regardless.

I'm going the first few days of November, so not far behind you. I totally get the disappointment and your feelings are valid! I am bummed about the railroad likely being down, and missing Tiana's by a few weeks.

But I keep telling myself about all the great things I have to look forward to! There are actually a handful of "never done that" activities I'm finally going to tackle -- Storybook Canal (how is it possible I haven't been on this?!), Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (never did it since it opened), and Astro Orbitor at night. Hopefully there are some things like that you can focus on. Or maybe some exciting dining experiences or new foods to try? It's going to be a great time either way, trust me! We just have to go in with a positive mindset and a willingness to have a blast! 😊

Yes, this!! New adventures. As for Storybook Canals....it's probably because it's ALWAYS crowded....the lines are insanely long, imo. We always go at the end of October (for OOB), and into November. So we'll get to see the decor transition while we're there.

I'm going the first few days of November, so not far behind you. I totally get the disappointment and your feelings are valid! I am bummed about the railroad likely being down, and missing Tiana's by a few weeks.

But I keep telling myself about all the great things I have to look forward to! There are actually a handful of "never done that" activities I'm finally going to tackle -- Storybook Canal (how is it possible I haven't been on this?!), Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (never did it since it opened), and Astro Orbitor at night. Hopefully there are some things like that you can focus on. Or maybe some exciting dining experiences or new foods to try? It's going to be a great time either way, trust me! We just have to go in with a positive mindset and a willingness to have a blast! 😊
I love Storybook Land Canal Boats!!! If you get on them just before 9:30pm, like 9:25pm, when the fireworks start they will stop all of the boats and you can watch from your boat! I found it interesting. There were some going off over the castle and taller ones going off over toon town. Definitely a unique way to view them! IMG_3811.jpegIMG_3812.jpegIMG_3815.jpeg

bit of a rant, sorry for the negativity but in almost two weeks from today for my first time and I'm really bummed with all the refurbs and scrims going on everywhere around Disneyland and DCA. :(

But anyway, trying to keep a positive mind before going but I'm kinda beat down right now I gotta say
The walls drive me crazy. I totally get it. I’m missing Tiana’s by 2 weeks 😞

But I’m going back in April so at least I have that…

That’s your answer! Book another trip 😉😉😉

2 weeks until we check in to our hotel! We arrive late on 10/11 and are in the parks 10/12-10/14 with tickets for OBB on Sunday 10/13. I keep changing my mind on what costume I'm going to wear. 🫣

2 weeks until we check in to our hotel! We arrive late on 10/11 and are in the parks 10/12-10/14 with tickets for OBB on Sunday 10/13. I keep changing my mind on what costume I'm going to wear. 🫣
Ohhhhh! Fun! What are your options?

Hello- so I have a quick trip planned at the end of October - 2 nights- after a work conference in another area (Palm Springs). I have only been to DLR once before; we stayed at Grand Californian last year for a 5 night trip. When I looked at hotels, GCH, DLH and Pixar were booked so I reserved at the Westin. Now, there is availability at GCH. I really liked being able to walk into the parks. What would you do??

Hello- so I have a quick trip planned at the end of October - 2 nights- after a work conference in another area (Palm Springs). I have only been to DLR once before; we stayed at Grand Californian last year for a 5 night trip. When I looked at hotels, GCH, DLH and Pixar were booked so I reserved at the Westin. Now, there is availability at GCH. I really liked being able to walk into the parks. What would you do??
I say that if it doesn't hurt your budget and wouldn't cause any financial hardship, definitely go for GCH. The Westin looks amazing though, so that wouldn't be a huge downgrade...but the proximity and theming for GCH wins me over each time. For a short trip, I would want to maximize my time too (and I like to pop back in the room for a break at least once a day so less walking is always a plus).

I’d switch to the GCH. Like above, for a short trip you want to stay right in the action! :)

I say that if it doesn't hurt your budget and wouldn't cause any financial hardship, definitely go for GCH. The Westin looks amazing though, so that wouldn't be a huge downgrade...but the proximity and theming for GCH wins me over each time. For a short trip, I would want to maximize my time too (and I like to pop back in the room for a break at least once a day so less walking is always a plus).
thank you! They have a special rate for Disney Visa card holders, so I think that's where the inventory came from....so I just grabbed the room at GCH! I agree with the mid-day break- we are DVC and own at Bay Lake tower for this exact reason :) Very excited!

You've got this. Just keep positivity at the forefront of your mind, and it'll be a blast, regardless.

The walls drive me crazy. I totally get it. I’m missing Tiana’s by 2 weeks 😞

But I’m going back in April so at least I have that…

That’s your answer! Book another trip 😉😉😉

Thank you all for the words! I've restrained myself from looking for refurb progresses and excitement has been built up back already haha
On countdown now, taking the plane in 10 days and I CANNOT WAIT!

Also almost convincing my husband to go to California for a second time next year on Christmas time and he sounded really interested in the idea, so I'm holding out on hope for it! 😁

Finally have cell service again so checking in! It’s officially October!!! I live in east TN right over the NC state line and we got hit HARD by the hurricane. We didn’t have power and water until Monday and cell service came back this morning, finally. School has been canceled until our fall break so no school for at least 3 weeks. Been working at the school I teach at organizing and handing out supplies. My birthday is Sunday so hoping to be able to get out to go have dinner and get some last minute trip supplies!

Trip is still on though! We fly out of Charlotte and the road to Boone, NC is completely gone so change of plans and going to have to drive down the day before and spend the night since our 2 hr drive is now closer to a 5 hr drive. 😅 Counting down the days and since it’s officially October…it’s time to start packing right??? 🤗

Finally have cell service again so checking in! It’s officially October!!! I live in east TN right over the NC state line and we got hit HARD by the hurricane. We didn’t have power and water until Monday and cell service came back this morning, finally. School has been canceled until our fall break so no school for at least 3 weeks. Been working at the school I teach at organizing and handing out supplies. My birthday is Sunday so hoping to be able to get out to go have dinner and get some last minute trip supplies!

Trip is still on though! We fly out of Charlotte and the road to Boone, NC is completely gone so change of plans and going to have to drive down the day before and spend the night since our 2 hr drive is now closer to a 5 hr drive. 😅 Counting down the days and since it’s officially October…it’s time to start packing right??? 🤗
Glad your family is all ok! Also so glad your trip can still happen! Baublebar earrings will still make their premiere!!! 🙌🏼

So exciting! My husband and I are doing a parents only trip October 17-20, we fly in from Vancouver, and will be going to Oogie Boogie on the 17th and then two days in the parks the 18-19, flying home on the 20th! Can't believe we'll be there in 2 weeks!!

Thank you!! I’m super excited. My friend found me the cutest Loungefly at Marshall’s the other day so I need to figure out where it’s going to go in the outfit rotation too. And all the earrings!
My friend just got me these earrings so I had to order this shirt from Etsy! IMG_3986.jpeg

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest