October 20, 2012, Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean-Who's with us?

Cruise Name (All will have the date in them)

• Disney Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Fantasy

• Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Disney Fantasy

• Magical Dreams & Wonder on the Disney Fantasy

• Magical Eastern Caribbean Dreams on the Wonderful Disney Fantasy

Results are only viewable after voting.
WOO HOO! Hi,Sunshine! Phil and I sailed with you in 2010 and will be on the October 20, 2012 cruise also!! Our daughter Katie and her boyfriend Mark were with us in 2010 and will be with us again in 2012--but by that time they'll be married!! :-) So happy you started this thread and that we have a familiar face/friend to sail with again. Phil and I want to join the FE list--Kate and Mark will wait for a while. With their wedding in April 2012, they might need to watch their pennies! :-)

The four of us are at OKW right now--we just returned last week from a short cruise on the DREAM. I, too, was worried about the size of the ship and the number of people. Fortunately, the situation was not nearly as bad as I'd anticipated. The worst was on embarkation day--and that wasn't a lot of fun--people still disembarking after 10:00am--and all of us had to stand outside in a long line for quite a while. Hopefully thaqt flaw will be eliminated soon. Other than that, I was quite surprised that things ran as smoothly as they did. Biggest problem I encountered was with the elevators which, frequently required quite a wait. The pro to that was we walked more to burn off all those calories. The adults only Cove Cafe area is MUCH bigger-which we really enjoyed. Even disembarking went smoothly--and I'd been anticipating a real hassle there.

We are taking a cruise this fall on the Magic and I'm really interested in seeing how I feel about the difference in ships when I can compare again. Phil actually preferred the DREAM. My final decision is still out--altho I was pleasantly surprised that the DREAM functioned so well--especially since it just has completed a few cruises.

Sunshine, we talked of you numerous times last week while we were on the DREAM--of how beautifully organized the FE exchange was in 2010--and how we REALLY missed that this time! You were awesome!

So--the speculation is that Minnie will be in the Fantasy Atrium?! Interesting! I'd missed that.

So happy we'll see you again!!

Mary Jo and Phil--also Katie and Mark!

The Minnie statue is speculated because she was the one at the Keel laying ceremony just like Donald was.

WOO HOO! Hi,Sunshine! Phil and I sailed with you in 2010 and will be on the October 20, 2012 cruise also!! Our daughter Katie and her boyfriend Mark were with us in 2010 and will be with us again in 2012--but by that time they'll be married!! :-) So happy you started this thread and that we have a familiar face/friend to sail with again. Phil and I want to join the FE list--Kate and Mark will wait for a while. With their wedding in April 2012, they might need to watch their pennies! :-)

The four of us are at OKW right now--we just returned last week from a short cruise on the DREAM. I, too, was worried about the size of the ship and the number of people. Fortunately, the situation was not nearly as bad as I'd anticipated. The worst was on embarkation day--and that wasn't a lot of fun--people still disembarking after 10:00am--and all of us had to stand outside in a long line for quite a while. Hopefully thaqt flaw will be eliminated soon. Other than that, I was quite surprised that things ran as smoothly as they did. Biggest problem I encountered was with the elevators which, frequently required quite a wait. The pro to that was we walked more to burn off all those calories. The adults only Cove Cafe area is MUCH bigger-which we really enjoyed. Even disembarking went smoothly--and I'd been anticipating a real hassle there.

We are taking a cruise this fall on the Magic and I'm really interested in seeing how I feel about the difference in ships when I can compare again. Phil actually preferred the DREAM. My final decision is still out--altho I was pleasantly surprised that the DREAM functioned so well--especially since it just has completed a few cruises.

Sunshine, we talked of you numerous times last week while we were on the DREAM--of how beautifully organized the FE exchange was in 2010--and how we REALLY missed that this time! You were awesome!

So--the speculation is that Minnie will be in the Fantasy Atrium?! Interesting! I'd missed that.

So happy we'll see you again!!

Mary Jo and Phil--also Katie and Mark!

Hi, Mary Jo.

How cool that there will be others for our "Seven Days of Magic" Cruise. There is another group for that cruise that we are traveling with plus others. There may be another group as well. They are still thinking about it.

How kind of you. I am soooo glad that you all enjoyed the FE exchange. It took some doing, but it all came together in the end.

Well, I guess I had better start the list for this one. Should be pretty fun again.

Congrats to Katie and Mark. I remember them from the last cruise.

We will be talking to you again, I am sure, real soon. Take care!!!

Well still no word yet on the rest if 2012 so we are still here. I looked and the Wonder is still listed to be in Honolulu on May 6-7 and Sep. 16. So I must admit that I am hoping to change this cruise to one of those.

Well still no word yet on the rest if 2012 so we are still here. I looked and the Wonder is still listed to be in Honolulu on May 6-7 and Sep. 16. So I must admit that I am hoping to change this cruise to one of those.

I'd be tempted to jump ship with you. But as it is, we have quite a few other folks going on this cruise.

I'd be tempted to jump ship with you. But as it is, we have quite a few other folks going on this cruise.

If it were me, I would ask if they wanted to go to Hawaii. See I have never been and this is the way I want to go, so honestly even if I was with people I think I would jump ship.

^^^^^^^^^^Hi, Jen^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are booked as well! Our oldest will be in kindergarten :scared1: and I am already seriously thinking about keeping him out 2 weeks so we can do one last fall hurrah at WDW, my favorite time to visit! But, guilt (and perhaps common sense and a lecture from a teacher or two....) will convince me otherwise! Regardless, I know we will at least do a night or two at WDW along with this cruise. Just have to do MNSSHP and F&W :goodvibes

We also did a cruise on the Dream. It really isn't huge feeling once you are on it and get your bearings. It is a beautiful ship, and we are really looking forward to having 7 nights to have more time to explore the Fantasy!

My family will be there!!!

^^^^^^^^^^Hi, Jen^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are booked as well! Our oldest will be in kindergarten :scared1: and I am already seriously thinking about keeping him out 2 weeks so we can do one last fall hurrah at WDW, my favorite time to visit! But, guilt (and perhaps common sense and a lecture from a teacher or two....) will convince me otherwise! Regardless, I know we will at least do a night or two at WDW along with this cruise. Just have to do MNSSHP and F&W :goodvibes

We also did a cruise on the Dream. It really isn't huge feeling once you are on it and get your bearings. It is a beautiful ship, and we are really looking forward to having 7 nights to have more time to explore the Fantasy!

Hi, Everyone. Welcome Aboard!! I love cruising in October and visiting WDW during this time as well. We did MNSSHP last year and had an absolute blast!! We didn't do too much at the F&W, though. Maybe next year.
Castaway Cay is gorgeous in October. The water is perfect and the weather could not be better. No humidity or wind. Just perfect.

Well, look forward to chatting with you all. Again Welcome and I will add you to the main cruise post.

If it were me, I would ask if they wanted to go to Hawaii. See I have never been and this is the way I want to go, so honestly even if I was with people I think I would jump ship.

It would be great. But it would not be far for me to jump ship since I'm the one who invited most of the folks. But they may be amicable to going to Hawaii.

Hi two Foxes. We were with you on the 4 day - Lou Mangello -2/27/11 cruise on the Dream. Had a great time on the Dream and are hoping that they get some of kinks worked out for the Fantacy. Were you the group that had a cabin switch from deck 5, due to noise?

Phil

Hi two Foxes. We were with you on the 4 day - Lou Mangello -2/27/11 cruise on the Dream. Had a great time on the Dream and are hoping that they get some of kinks worked out for the Fantacy. Were you the group that had a cabin switch from deck 5, due to noise?

Phil

Hey, Phil! I switched my parents from 5678 to 7000 few weeks before the cruise due to the noise reports. It is sounding like DCL may have made some corrections in the noise levels in those rooms, but I was really wanting to be safe than hearing from my mom and dad every morning how noisy it was!

I gotta say, I was pretty pleased with everything on the ship! I really didn't notice any "wow they gotta get this fixed issues." Well, thats not really true...my parents bags got delivered to 5678 instead of 7000, and after many calls to guest services, I finally went and got them. Not a huge issue, but one that shouldn't have happened or at least should have gotten fixed. It was a rush to get to dinner because we weren't really sure where the bags were!

I also got sea sick the very first time in 7 cruises on the last night....it was brutal! But, I think that was more our stateroom location than anything.

We didn't particpate in many of Lou's activities, but it was a pleasure meeting him. He was very nice, as were all of the mouse fan crew.

The final act of Lou's get together was to give a 1 week (sponsored by MEI Travel) stay at a moderate resort including meals, and park admission to one of the fans who came on the cruise. The couple who won it - after about a 2 minute wait and before the event ended asked if they could say a few words. They then asked that the prize be given to a "make a wish" family. The fans, needless to say, gave a standing ovation to the generous regift by the winners. That is what Disney is all about.

Hey, Phil! I switched my parents from 5678 to 7000 few weeks before the cruise due to the noise reports. It is sounding like DCL may have made some corrections in the noise levels in those rooms, but I was really wanting to be safe than hearing from my mom and dad every morning how noisy it was!

I gotta say, I was pretty pleased with everything on the ship! I really didn't notice any "wow they gotta get this fixed issues." Well, thats not really true...my parents bags got delivered to 5678 instead of 7000, and after many calls to guest services, I finally went and got them. Not a huge issue, but one that shouldn't have happened or at least should have gotten fixed. It was a rush to get to dinner because we weren't really sure where the bags were!

I also got sea sick the very first time in 7 cruises on the last night....it was brutal! But, I think that was more our stateroom location than anything.

We didn't particpate in many of Lou's activities, but it was a pleasure meeting him. He was very nice, as were all of the mouse fan crew.

I thought I'd try to get my vacation ticker on here, but it doesn't seem to be working. I probably don't have enough posts yet! :confused3

I thought I'd try to get my vacation ticker on here, but it doesn't seem to be working. I probably don't have enough posts yet! :confused3

The post count is probably what it is! Just keep posting...

My in-laws are just about for sure on this one...not sure *exactly* how I feel about that!

The final act of Lou's get together was to give a 1 week (sponsored by MEI Travel) stay at a moderate resort including meals, and park admission to one of the fans who came on the cruise. The couple who won it - after about a 2 minute wait and before the event ended asked if they could say a few words. They then asked that the prize be given to a "make a wish" family. The fans, needless to say, gave a standing ovation to the generous regift by the winners. That is what Disney is all about.

I did hit the last night in Evolution, and left right before this. My friends were the winners table mates and when he told me what they did, I was so surprised! So generous!!!

The post count is probably what it is! Just keep posting...

My in-laws are just about for sure on this one...not sure *exactly* how I feel about that!

Well, like you said....you don't have to see them every second of every day! Any word about the Stewart's joining in on the fun yet??

Well, like you said....you don't have to see them every second of every day! Any word about the Stewart's joining in on the fun yet??

Just saw her tonight, and I am getting a definite "no" vibe:confused3 Perhaps Brad can work some magic...She talked a bit about how Tim and I need to do a vacay with out the kids, but no interest in talking about the cruise. Booo!

Bonus about the in-laws coming....We will definitely do a dive in St Thomas now!! Its been 5 or so years since my last dive, and I'd love to go again! We did a nice 2 tank shore dive in St Thomas on our last Eastern and I think if I can remember the company we went with, we'll do it again! I was okay with leaving the boys in the clubs if we went ashore if we could be reached by cell phone in case of emergency, but that nixed the dive. But, now, it is hopefully a go! You guys dive, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter