NY EZ-Pass work in Florida?

I'm pretty sure the EZ-Pass will be accepted in all states you might drive between NY and FLA, except SC. The good news is I don't think SC has any tolls for you to worry about! Of course, that's assuming you're driving. If not, you should be able to use your EZ-Pass in Florida and temporarily assign it to a rental car. In FLA, you can use EZ-Pass wherever you see SunPass or EPass signs, I believe.

EZ-pass is accepted in the entire state of Florida.
Pretty much accross the entire east coast except CT has not toll roads, VT is still stuck in 1960 and has no electronic tolls, SC just has them on on road that can be bypassed(via a seperate highway) or cash paid.

1727283094841.png

Make sure you have enough $ in the account. Our NH EZPASS refills $30 when it hits $10. I have a SUNPASS that I bring and always double check to make sure I have $25-30 available. Reason being is, with CC's being shut down at a moments notice for fraud, I don't want to risk it not refilling.

I changed our rental car to another company and the person driving has to have the same CC so I used DH's. Immediately got a fraud alert LOL! I was able to confirm online it was him and it went through. Just don't want an excuse for the rental car company to charge me for tolls.

Like the title asks if I brought my NY EZ-Pass to use with my rental would it work the same way?
Yes, as others have said Florida Toll roads accept EZ-Pass now.
And I have to register it? I guess once I rent the car that is.
Just update your EZ-Pass account to add the rental vehicle when you pick it up (when you add a vehicle to your account there's a toggle to select whether you own it, or it's a rental - for rentals it gives you the start and end date option). It takes just 5 minutes, I did it today.

...the NY/NJ/CT EzPass will work in both the E-Pass and SunPass toll roads.

...the NY/NJ/CT EzPass will work in both the E-Pass and SunPass toll roads.
This is not unique to NY/NJ/CT EZ-Pass through some specific agreements, right? In other words, EZ-Pass from other states would also work, correct?

LAX

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest