Number of People Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is we don't know what DVC does or how they do it. We rarely get the same answer twice when we ask them questions. A few years ago MS made a mistake on our AKV CL room and we lost the reservation. I sent an email to member satisfaction about it and magic happened, they made us a new reservation in a AKV CL room. I don't know if the room was held for some reason or if the bumped someone else. I hope they didn't bump someone but they wouldn't tell me where the room came from.

:earsboy: Bill

Truth is we don't know what DVC does or how they do it. We rarely get the same answer twice when we ask them questions.

This is the problem I have. Not walkers, but what Disney is doing behind the curtain to the system be it refurbishments, point reallocation or these advance block outs. While they like us to think there is accountability on their end, there is no transparency on much of anything other than that annual budget meeting, and even that is not completely forthcoming.

I still suspect someone swinging the system in their own favor (another DVC owner from within IT would be my guess as they have ways to access the database directly.) If so, that issue I ran into of August 2019 was just a test on their part to see if it could be done and to what extent.

Last edited:
Truth is we don't know what DVC does or how they do it. We rarely get the same answer twice when we ask them questions. A few years ago MS made a mistake on our AKV CL room and we lost the reservation. I sent an email to member satisfaction about it and magic happened, they made us a new reservation in a AKV CL room. I don't know if the room was held for some reason or if the bumped someone else. I hope they didn't bump someone but they wouldn't tell me where the room came from.

:earsboy: Bill

DVC frequently has both Concierge and Value rooms over at CRO for rent. I’d guess they just brought that back for you.

Starting this morning was when the missing days started in the value studios and they extend for the full week.

Accordingly, if those numbers are right, nobody was able to book value studios at the 11 month window this morning and there is still no opening for when they can.

Nobody was able to book today; nobody will be able to book for at least a week, and counting.

The value studios have been taken off the table for 11 month booking in Dec, 2019.

Tried for AKV value studio beginning on 12/1 (a sunday) but saw ‘holes’ in the middle of the first week of Dec.

Was only able to secure Kidani standard, least some room at the inn :)

Do have waitlists for both Jambo Standard & AKV Value studio. Odd if the dates were blocked out though that the system permitted the waitlist to generate IMO.

Might be missing something, but starting to wonder if i’m ‘Wasting’ a waitlist though on the value???

Last year I had booked two Grand villas at the boardwalk for Dec 1-10 and Nov 28-dec 8th I believe but had staggered arrival dates and they were in two different names but we had a travel with number. Two days before we are set to arrive, I got a call from Disney to say that I was being bumped from my grand villa and could I stay at okw or some other DVC unit..two two bedrooms. I was devastated as we had over 18 family members coming for a family reunion so to be at another resort was a big problem. They first said they had to take the unit out but when I told them they would have to move both grand villas to something like the GFV for it to be fair to me , they said they would call me back. They never did. I finally called before we left and they said we were still in BWV grand villas and no change was made. My guess someone else who only had one grand villa was told to move for a VIP person booking at last minute. I was very upset to say the least. I was out of the country on business and had painstakingly preplanned our vacation and this call really made me cry. I do not doubt that VIP's get treatment over DVC members.

When someone somewhere, posted they "lost" their reservation in a Animal Kingdom GV at last minute, I immediately thought it was a bump for a VIP. (I think it was also the weekend they were filming some of the Christmas parade sequences.) We want to book a GV next year, it truly would be a once in a lifetime thing, using almost 3 years worth of points. I would be bummed to lose the room to a pair of 2 BRs.

Edited to add, I am a (non FL based) CM. Standard and Value DVC resort rooms pop up for us to book as a cash reservation (50% off) fairly often, and it always surprises me. For the regular hotel rooms, it its often the most expensive rooms offered to us.

Last edited:
This is the problem I have. Not walkers, but what Disney is doing behind the curtain to the system be it refurbishments, point reallocation or these advance block outs. While they like us to think there is accountability on their end, there is no transparency on much of anything other than that annual budget meeting, and even that is not completely forthcoming.

I still suspect someone swinging the system in their own favor (another DVC owner from within IT would be my guess as they have ways to access the database directly.) If so, that issue I ran into of August 2019 was just a test on their part to see if it could be done and to what extent.

A thought just came to me... Wasn't DVD selling fixed weeks for a premium once upon a time? Is there a remote chance that these advanced blocked out dates may have something to do with this?

Or, perhaps not, I think it was the Poly they tried this with.

Edited to add, I am a (non FL based) CM. Standard and Value DVC resort rooms pop up for us to book as a cash reservation (50% off) fairly often, and it always surprises me. For the regular hotel rooms, it its often the most expensive rooms offered to us.

This at least explains why value rooms went down in the last couple of reallocations. So Disney can book more of them with their points to rent for cash.

A thought just came to me... Wasn't DVD selling fixed weeks for a premium once upon a time? Is there a remote chance that these advanced blocked out dates may have something to do with this?

Or, perhaps not, I think it was the Poly they tried this with.

Fixed week sales started with Aulani, the first resort at WDW with fixed week was VGF. At AKV they never sold fixed weeks.

This morning there was availability in an AKV value studio 1-3dec. Maybe more days was available before I booked the 1-3dec and perhaps they got taken by WL.

This morning there was availability in an AKV value studio 1-3dec. Maybe more days was available before I booked the 1-3dec and perhaps they got taken by WL.

When I checked just after midnight last night there were no Value rooms at all showing availability for December 12th meaning Disney has every Value room blocked off ahead of 11 months.

When I checked just after midnight last night there were no Value rooms at all showing availability for December 12th meaning Disney has every Value room blocked off ahead of 11 months.

I’m also wondering why Disney have taken out the room and now al of a sudden they are putting back in a few of them.

I’m also wondering why Disney have taken out the room and now al of a sudden they are putting back in a few of them.

I believe the Value rooms had been available at the beginning of the month to book so it could just be people who had wanted longer trips or to walk their reservation having given up on those days early in the month.

I believe the Value rooms had been available at the beginning of the month to book so it could just be people who had wanted longer trips or to walk their reservation having given up on those days early in the month.

I and others have been watching the rooms and even at more than 11 months the rooms are gone.

Never discount the possibility of IT glitches with room inventory. That's happened more than once. Several months ago all of a sudden a concierge 2BR showed up with availability for a few months time. No rehabs were going on and maintenance wouldn't be that long. This is Disney IT everyone is counting on as being spot on.

Never discount the possibility of IT glitches with room inventory. That's happened more than once. Several months ago all of a sudden a concierge 2BR showed up with availability for a few months time. No rehabs were going on and maintenance wouldn't be that long. This is Disney IT everyone is counting on as being spot on.

I agree. Much more likely to be plain old incompetence than malice aforethought.

:rotfl:
I hope that by now everyone who goes at least once per year, which accounts for almost the entire DVC membership population, should be aware that Disney IT and bug free functionality are on opposite ends of the globe.
I have not figured out how the system has the resort room inventory and allocation stored in the system. There is a reasonably simple(r) way to design it, and then there are numerous complicated ways. It is probably so convoluted in design that mistakes do happen often.

Note that the more complicated a system is, the easier it is to manipulate undetected. No, I'm not letting up on the idea that this is going on. The patterns of reservations outside of the 11 month window are too similar to guest reservation behavior.

:rotfl:
I hope that by now everyone who goes at least once per year, which accounts for almost the entire DVC membership population, should be aware that Disney IT and bug free functionality are on opposite ends of the globe.
I have not figured out how the system has the resort room inventory and allocation stored in the system. There is a reasonably simple(r) way to design it, and then there are numerous complicated ways. It is probably so convoluted in design that mistakes do happen often.

Note that the more complicated a system is, the easier it is to manipulate undetected. No, I'm not letting up on the idea that this is going on. The patterns of reservations outside of the 11 month window are too similar to guest reservation behavior.

There was another example - can't remember if it was 1 or 2 years ago but the MS CM said a mistake was made. Someone determined that not all inventory was loaded so they loaded it. Then.....someone decided it had all been loaded and they needed to pull what had just been loaded. Oops.

I’m wondering if there’s something going on where Disney has either just overbooked hotel rooms or something else where they are “holding back” inventory? It seems if I had booked an AKL hotel room and then there was no room at the inn, so to speak, the “cheapest” room to put someone in would be the value rooms. Just speculating though.

I’m seeing a peculiar walking pattern at VGF myself. Even 1br have little availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter