Now what.. just back from my trip and

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
I took over 800 pics !!! I went nutts and loved it!!

Now I want to save these on cd, I have a new burner, how many can I fit on a CD??? Help? what do you guys do with them, save them on pc? a website? CD? both? HELP!!!!

Wow 800 pictures it a lot of pictures. :bounce:

What we usually do is delete many during the taking of them (review them on TV the night we took them and delete the ones we don't care for). Then we end up with probably 150 or so and make a slide show out of them and at the same time they are stored on that CD. I also keep them in the computer, but I have a feeling with our new camera and huge files that it will create, I will have to store them on CDs or I will run out of hard drive! :badpc:

I don't know how big your picture files are, but you can figure if it will fit on a CD by checking (right clicking) the file size of the folder that they are stored in.

Enjoy! :earsboy:

Muushka said:
Wow 800 pictures it a lot of pictures. :bounce:

What we usually do is delete many during the taking of them (review them on TV the night we took them and delete the ones we don't care for). Then we end up with probably 150 or so and make a slide show out of them and at the same time they are stored on that CD. I also keep them in the computer, but I have a feeling with our new camera and huge files that it will create, I will have to store them on CDs or I will run out of hard drive! :badpc:

I don't know how big your picture files are, but you can figure if it will fit on a CD by checking (right clicking) the file size of the folder that they are stored in.

Enjoy! :earsboy:

O I deleted like crazy while taking them believe me! I couldn't do the tv thing because there was no VCR/TV option on the remote at the hotel... was bummed!

Anyway, I am deleting some but having a blast looking at these!

I delete obviously bad photo's.

Then I burn the rest to disk. (You should be able to fit about 400 on a disk.)

Then I put them all on my hard drive and sort through, narrowing down to the best of the best (in your case probably about 200 photo's--for what I normally photograph it would be *maybe* 100) and put them on my web site for all to see.

Anne

Be sure to make two copies of everything that you save. Burn 2 cd's and put one away in case the first one goes bad. That way you have what amounts to negatives.

miss missy said:
I took over 800 pics !!! I went nutts and loved it!!

Now I want to save these on cd, I have a new burner, how many can I fit on a CD??? Help? what do you guys do with them, save them on pc? a website? CD? both? HELP!!!!

the number of pics per cd depends on the file size of the individual pics,

since my pics are between 5 and 6 megs each I can get between 100-140 per disc, so I put my pics on DVD instead..

cd's hold 700MB

dvds hold 4.7 gig

I burn my pics to dvd, upload them to my Fotki website and leave them on my pc until I get tired of playing with them in Paint Shop Pro X

MICKEY88 said:
the number of pics per cd depends on the file size of the individual pics,

since my pics are between 5 and 6 megs each I can get between 100-140 per disc, so I put my pics on DVD instead..

cd's hold 700MB

dvds hold 4.7 gig

I burn my pics to dvd, upload them to my Fotki website and leave them on my pc until I get tired of playing with them in Paint Shop Pro X

Hmmm I only have CD burner, I am behind in technology.

What is FOTKI site? Is it free?

miss missy said:
Hmmm I only have CD burner, I am behind in technology.

What is FOTKI site? Is it free?

FOtki does offer free picture storage, or you can become a premium member and get other benefits....

http://signup.fotki.com/

premium membership allows you to link to photos for chat rooms, autions, etc. the link above explains the difference...\\

you can check out my site here...

http://public.fotki.com/Mickey88/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter