• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November P.S. / Nov Park Hours Yet ???

MissUssH

Earning My Ears
I want to make some P.S. for dinners for our trip in November. It is difficult to decide on a time because the park closing hours are not posted yet. Any ideas and/or comments or feedback on this ???
How late does Japan's restaurant stay open for dinner??
Gets frustrating ! Can make PS's 90 days in advance, but no park hours yet. I need to plan !! AAaahhhhhh HELP !!:( :confused:

I'm going Nov 13-20, and I've made PSs based on my assumption that the closing times will be:

MK 7:00
DS 8:00
AK 5:00
EP 9:00

Trying to figure out what days Wishes and Spectro will be is tough. It could change right up to the day. Wishes is usually on Saturday. I've seen Spectro all over the place, but mostly it is on Saturdays. Fantasmic is usually every night, as is Illuminations. If you're going during the busier days, like Thanksgiving, expect later hours.

MissUssH,

First let me say that the restaurants in Epcot are probably going to be your easiest to figure out. The park closes at 9pm each night with the Illuminations show. So the Japanese restaurant you asked about should be open until then and some diners will be slower at finishing and will be walking out of the park after Illuminations is over. When you call for your PS, just ask the latest seating time you can have.

The other parks are alot harder. Especially MK with all its changing hours and shows (Wishes and Spectro) is ALOT harder to guess at days of the week and times of day to make a PS.

I know how you feel, I just complained (not in a mean way) to a CM the other day about this policy.

I think disney is such a big company now that one arm of the octopus doesn't know what the other 7 arms are doing. LOL

I've had to use past info. such as the other posters have mentioned but I still am waiting to see if Wishes is going to make me change my park days and therefore some of my PS's also.

Then, you add in trying to get the room discounts. And choosing a resort. And trying to choose an area of your chosen resort. Then trying to figure out what events are going to affect any given time of year (MNNSHP, F&W, Super Soap, etc......) Oh, yes and we can't forget airfares and car rentals. I'm sure I'm forgetting ALOT more things that factor in.

Planning our first trip to Paris last year was a piece of cake compared to WDW!

Planning a disney trip IS rocket science!

(Hey, that line is a Perfect tag! LOL)

Rhonna :)

You can always ask how late you can make the PS. That's what I did for Tony's - I just said I wanted the latest possible time. 5:30 was our time. I guess if they changed the park hours I could always make it later, but that works for now. Of course that's really no help if you want to make sure you see fireworks or anything that coincides with the park closing, but it is a way to get the latest PS;)

HTH and good luck!

I just made my PS acording to what time I want dinner, I was not going to get myself all in a tither over what times the parks close, parade and fireworks, wishes are, that would drive me bonkers. Just book em and have a fun time, don't go nuts over it. I remeber when Disney was open till midnight and 1am now they closed for geriatric (sorry I couldnt resist that one, I am getting close to it) people. :D

I am also going Nov. 13-20. I have made all my PS's. I tried to change one PS from 4:50 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 1900 park Fare and I could not do it because the next available time was at 7:30 p.m.. Which was no big deal for me but I am just telling you because you should not wait too much longer or you may have a hard time getting the places you want to eat at. You will just have to guess at the times of the park closings and hope for the best. GOOD LUCK!

I'm going Nov. 14-20. I made all of my breakfast PS's but am waiting until park hours come out before I book dinners. I'm waiting to see when the parades and fireworks will take place since they don't happen very often this time of year.

:earsboy:
Thanks for responding to my question !
I noticed that some of you are also traveling the week of Nov 13-20, 2004 !
So are we !!
We are staying at Fort Wilderness in the CABINS, never stayed at this resort before. Heard its nice with kids.
I thinks thats a good week to travel to WDW. It is off-season and right before the crazy Thanksgiving week rush!
Lets all hope for great weather and great times that week!
We might pass each other somewhere in the parks and not even no it !
Have Fun !:wave2:

We just made all our PS for Nov 13-20 as well. I was getting a little worried about setting them without a park schedule, but decided to book the times we want and worry about the shows later.

We only booked dinners and one character bfast. Every other meal we'll get on the go. My wife and I decided that if one of our dinners coincides with Wishes, etc we'll change that ressie to a late lunch.

QUOTE:
"We might pass each other somewhere in the parks and not even no it !"

I will be wearing my lime green mickey ears pinned to my shirt. If I see anyone else wearing lime green then I will stop to ask who they are. Last year I wore the lime green and I watched to see if anyone else had lime green on but I did not see anyone else with it on. I am hoping to run into someone this year from the DIS.

Looking at our countdown clocks, some of us are traveling close together. How Cool is that ??!!
Thanks and I appreciate your replies...
I love this DIS, I got my sister hooked on it now too.....
Happy Traveling !!princess: :worship: :mickeybar

I am going to be there from Nov. 12 through the 19th. I attended this time last year and didn't see anyone with a lime green ribbon but myself. I have to agree with an above poster, I only made Ps for dinner this go round and I wasn't worried about what may or may not be occuring at that time. Besides, I sort of think that if I really want to change a few things around then I would only have to switch two dates and I'd be set no matter what.

Edited: just a note to those that have the countdown timers. There all wrong. They say 63 days for trips starting Nov. 13th, it should say either 72 or 73 days at this time, there off by at least 9/10 days. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you'll have to wait 10 days more before beginning your trip.

November is getting increasingly busier than it use to be. Anyone else getting nervous that this might be a crowded and busy week in the parks?

I think next year we're going to try October instead.

Me Too!

We will also be there November 14-20. This is my first time going in November, we usually go the 1st or 2nd week of December. I am also kinda worried that the parks are going to be really busy...but maybe we will all luck out! The time is flying by...I am so excited! :bounce:

I really wish those park hours would come out soon!

I believe November is still a good time to travel, especially the week before Thanksgiving Break ! There are so many families from my kid's school that go Thanksgiving week it is unbelievable, sometimes I think Florida will get so heavy with people it will just snap off !!
I have Been to WDW 2 times in October and both times it was nice, average crowds, not to crowded at all...........
Besides, it seems every season is becoming a great time to travel there ! This is our 1st time going this week in November !:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter