(not so) Fun with Numbers: Disney Races $$ per mile

ScoJo15

There will be days when I don't know if I can run
Ok, so there isn't much of a point to this post but for fun I converted the major Disney races into price per mile raced and thought the results were interesting. Keep in mind that some races include tech shirts, after parties, pint glasses, etc...and I just took the highest price listed for each event and divided it by miles raced. Anyway here are the results...(I sorted them in order of cheapest per mile to most expensive)

WDW Marathon.....................$4.77 per mile
Minnie 15k...........................$5.38 per mile
WDW Goofy Challenge............$5.98 per mile
Disneyland Half Marathon........$7.63 per mile
WDW Half Marathon...............$8.78 per mile
Race for the Taste 10k...........$8.87 per mile
Tower of Terror 13k...............$11.11 per mile
Minne 5k..............................$11.29 per mile
Disneyland Family 5k..............$12.90 per mile
WDW Family 5k.....................$12.90 per mile
Expedition Everest 5k.............$32.26 per mile :scared1: (DOES include mandatory park ticket)

I'll have to remember this about mile 22 of the Goofy in January...

Not gonna complain about gas prices now....

Have a good day all!!

lol. I guess that means I'm not dedicated (or nuts) for doing the full, just cheap. lol! Hey, another reason not to do teh GOofy too. :upsidedow

Slow day at work Scott? :laughing: Kidding! ;) Anyway...VERY interesting numbers. I can't believe we pay so much per mile to be tortured in the Goofy!!! Geeze!

Don't forget the Expedition Everest also includes an obstacle course and an in-the-park scavenger hunt. I would imagine that adding those two things also brings down the cost per mile. Even so, it's pretty scary :scared1: . Hopefully it's worth it though. :yay:

Maybe instead of water stops each mile, they should have toll booths where you have to pay money to tread forward....yikes!!

Maybe instead of water stops each mile, they should have toll booths where you have to pay money to tread forward....yikes!!

Don't give tehm any ideas!!! :scared1: lol. I can see it now. I didn't quit at Mile 17, I ran out of $$$. Serisouly, I would have finished. :rotfl:

If I put charging priviledges on my room card, can I use my Key to the World like an E-ZPass (NY) or Fast Lane Pass (Massachusetts)?

Wow, Scott. Very interesting. :laughing: Add in travel costs and that price per mile soars!

Well you reinforced my decision to skip the EE event! LOL!

Wow, Scott. Very interesting. :laughing: Add in travel costs and that price per mile soars!

You are so right, Kim. I'll have to figure out just how much my marathon cost me this past trip.

Wow, that's really interesting!

Don't give tehm any ideas!!! lol. I can see it now. I didn't quit at Mile 17, I ran out of $$$. Serisouly, I would have finished.

That had me LOL! :lmao:

Please do not let Dh see those stats. I get enough grief about spending money on races as it is! Of course EE is HIS idea. I can't imagine if you add in the price of three nights at AKL and meals!

I try to ignore the costs of these events and remember that they are huge motivators for getting me out the door all year. Its not JUST the race: Its the entire year of anticipation. Its the miles that I day dream about my finish. Its the last mile of every training run. Its the friends I meet at the Dis boards as I obsess about the race. Add those in, and a disney race is pretty cheap.

Or as the Mastercard ads put it:

$200 for new shoes
$230 for entry fee
$300 airfare
$400 for hotel

Finishing the Goofy Challenge: priceless

Very interesting scott!! I know, and leave it to me, to travel all the way from RI to do a 3.1 mile race!! LOL Add THAT to the cost!! yikes!! Ahh, the things we do for Disney! LOL

you can add... that feeling of accomplishment when they place that medal around your head: priceless

Scott,

You've got way, way, way too much time on your hands. :teacher:

Don't forget the airfare (or auto expenses), the hotel, the food, the souvenirs, the Photopass pictures, and all the goodies you buy at the expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter