Not been since 2012, Help!

donna307

Mouseketeer
Hello!!
I used to spend many many hours on the boards. I was once a seasoned visitor and pro at getting a great deal, but haven't even looked at anything disney since my last visit in 2012 (pre kids and husband!)
Feeling like a complete newbie and hope somebody that has been going as long as me, can answer some of my silly questions.

Whats new in in the hotels? Have stayed at NPC & Cheyenne.
What is the best way to book now? Website direct and separate travel or how?
I have a 4 year old and 2 year old! Any tips and tricks?
I used to be in the shareholders club, is there anything like that now?
Is the compas club etc worth doing?

Hello!

First going to ask some questions:
How long do you plan to go and when?
Is it you and the kids or are more people joining?
Where are you travelling from (I assume the UK, if so train, flight or car?)
Have your little ones been to a themepark before?
Will you stay from open to close, or do you plan to go back to the hotel for naps and breaks?
What were your favourite things to see / do in 2012?
How important is a sit down meal for you?

Hello!

First going to ask some questions:
How long do you plan to go and when?
Is it you and the kids or are more people joining?
Where are you travelling from (I assume the UK, if so train, flight or car?)
Have your little ones been to a themepark before?
Will you stay from open to close, or do you plan to go back to the hotel for naps and breaks?
What were your favourite things to see / do in 2012?
How important is a sit down meal for you?
Many thanks for the reply!
We would probably go for 4 or 5 nights
Was thinking July or Oct (oldest starts school this year)
Me, husband and kids.
We live in the Shetland Islands and would probably fly (we always found flights from edinburgh best years ago)
Nope, never been to a themepark!
I think we wouldn't stay from open to close, I'd imagine couple hours morning, nap at hotel, couple hours again then pool/chill (pool is essential!)
Well, in 2012, I loved it all as I'm a big kid! haha!!!!
The sit down meal is a good question?! So usually we would have a light breakfast and lunch (but will probably skip lunch and have a sit down meal at night!)
I'm so sad to see that they have removed the breakfast being included!! That was the best bit!!

If a pool is a must then you have 3 options.
- Sequoia Lodge
- New Port Bay
- Art of Marvel

Are we talking this July/October or next year? We do not have reopening dates for the Disneyhotel yet.

Summer is always more expensive than October, but there is also a school break in October, so it might depend on the dates. Summer will give you longer opening hours.

With 4 or 5 nights you have plenty of time to take multiple and longer breaks. Disneyparks are filled with stimuli especially for little kids on their first visit.

You can include breakfast with certain meal plans. However, if what you need is a light breakfast, you will probably overpay for the breakfast buffet at the hotel.

I would plan for lunch or more elaborate snacks during the day. Being on your feet and being out all day probably makes you hungrier than in your day to day life.

If a pool is a must then you have 3 options.
- Sequoia Lodge
- New Port Bay
- Art of Marvel

Are we talking this July/October or next year? We do not have reopening dates for the Disneyhotel yet.

Summer is always more expensive than October, but there is also a school break in October, so it might depend on the dates. Summer will give you longer opening hours.

With 4 or 5 nights you have plenty of time to take multiple and longer breaks. Disneyparks are filled with stimuli especially for little kids on their first visit.

You can include breakfast with certain meal plans. However, if what you need is a light breakfast, you will probably overpay for the breakfast buffet at the hotel.

I would plan for lunch or more elaborate snacks during the day. Being on your feet and being out all day probably makes you hungrier than in your day to day life.
Stayed twice at NPB and loved the pool!
This year! Haha. The planning was always the best bit for me but think we might just be going for it this year!
Have been in July, it was VERY busy but will be warmer than Oct. I've been in May, July and September.
So I did wonder about the meal plans. I wonder if Id be overpaying by getting half board because the little ones would probably not eat the moneys worth! I think we'd be better with just breakfast and 'pay as you go' for evening meal. I think it would be worth getting for the adults but not the kids?! Can you get for part of the party? I'm guessing not! Could maybe make a 'brunch' work with a breakfast plan as we normally have quite a late bfast anyway? Are you restricted to the hotel for breakfast or can you go anywhere?

Yes, when you buy a meal plan or have a rate (through a 3rd party) that includes breakfast, it is for the entire room.

I think what I would do in your situation, if you enjoy a late and small breakfast anyway, is to go the park and pick up something along the way. I usually get a muffin from the bakery on Main street to keep me satisfied till an early lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter