North Carolina Coast recommendations

trip

family trip planner
My SIL (Marine reserves) is in pre-deployment training, getting ready for his 2nd tour in Iraq. He just found out he should be getting a "96" during the first week in August. My DD is busy searching for oceanfront hotels/motels between Wilmington and Jacksonville or in the general area. Do any DISers have any recommendations?

I'm also putting this in the "Community" board because it has more traffic.

I'm from Wilmington, honestly ocean front hotels off of Wrightsville Beach are going to be a small fortune, Carolina/Kure Beach would be much cheaper, I'd also look into Topsail Island, it's a lot quieter. Farther up closer to Jacksonville I'm not as familiar with, if you have any questions about particular hotels feel free to ask me as I can probably tell you about them but if not my entire family still lives in Wilmington so I can ask. (The Army sent us to Colorado Springs, CO)

Well, it's been a long time since I've been there, I'm not sure which areas are more affordable than others. Emerald Isle has a wonderful beach, but I'm sure it is more expensive though maybe not as high as Wrightsville. Topsail is nice.

Are you looking for something in particular? Do you want to be really close to a beach, like walking distance? Are you more interested in just being in town?

I have a friend who just moved back to Camp Lejeune a few months ago. I'll ask her which places are still nice and kept up since I have been there since 2002.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter